WTF? (**NSFW**)

slacker

So CMSgt Cody visited the 'Died last week. Words from a retard O-6 about prepping for the visit: "this is a two-star equivalent event."

I get that there is protocol but what a fvcking dipshit. Hey Col, he's actually an E-9 equivalent.

For the purposes of protocol, he's at least a two star equivalent. He will sit ahead of the one star at a table. He has his own flag that will be displayed ahead of a one star's flag. And I'm pretty sure he has his own music that will get played. He will also bring an entourage that is significantly larger than any two star. For all intents and purposes, the preparation for the CMSgt of the air force is the same as for a flag officer.

For the purposes of protocol, he's at least a two star equivalent. He will sit ahead of the one star at a table. He has his own flag that will be displayed ahead of a one star's flag. And I'm pretty sure he has his own music that will get played. He will also bring an entourage that is significantly larger than any two star. For all intents and purposes, the preparation for the CMSgt of the air force is the same as for a flag officer.

:vomit:

ETA: "He will also bring an entourage that is significantly larger than any two star." Further proof that we aren't as broke as we think we are.

Edited by HerkFE
  • Upvote 2

Horrywood!

10154112_827133013968272_666741888943722

I got to shoot with some Army SOF a bit back and they made a similar comment about the MP5 (which they did not like due to lack of power of the 9mm cartridge). Often in movies the actors run around with the action on the side locked open. On a side note, it was a lot of fun to shoot but I was surprised that the action does not stay locked back after the last round. This means that you have to change mags with a bullet in the chamber or cycle the action to chamber a round after you've changed mags before you can shoot again.

Total and complete fail.

:vomit:

ETA: "He will also bring an entourage that is significantly larger than any two star." Further proof that we aren't as broke as we think we are.

Someone should ask that question at his base-wide talk.

Someone should ask that question at his base-wide talk.

Won't be able to squeeze that in amongst all the airmen bitching because the BX doesn't stock their favorite flavor of Rock Star or Monster or that the chow hall doesn't have enough of a selection of different sprinkles for the ice cream.

I can't figure out how he needs an entourage. He needs one chick who can take notes.

Why is that a total fail?

Protocol Fail and CMSAF Fail. He's an E-9 senior enlisted advisor, not an O-8 general officer. Big difference, both in responsibilities and backgrounds. I've seen too many E-9 Command Chiefs get too cool for school and elevate themselves out of sight of the enlisted airmen they're supposed to watch out for.

• Upvote 3

Protocol Fail and CMSAF Fail. He's an E-9 senior enlisted advisor, not an O-8 general officer. Big difference, both in responsibilities and backgrounds. I've seen too many E-9 Command Chiefs get too cool for school and elevate themselves out of sight of the enlisted airmen they're supposed to watch out for.

That's fair, I've seen some "lowly" squadron chiefs who elevate themselves out of sight of their airmen. It's not a stretch to imagine a command chief doing the same.

However, while he isn't a flag officer, the CMSAF is the Chief of Staff's direct representative. When he speaks on anything related to the Air Force, it is ssumed that he is speaking directly on behalf of the CoS. That position of trust, not his rank is what drives the protocol on his visits.

It's not just the CMSAF either. Right or wrong, any command chief of a GO commander is afforded similar protocol status as the commander they represent.

We flew the Sgt Major of the Army out of some shit hole in Iraq once. As best as I can remember it was just him and two or three other dudes. Not even sure if all the other dudes were with him.

Same thing with the USAREUR CSM out of Macedonia back in the mid 90s. Traveling out of country with the troops doing the job. No special treatment wanted or needed--the most down-to-earth, professional soldier I ever met.

Posted from the NEW Baseops.net App!

"Speaking for" CSAF on enlisted matters is not synonymous with privileges of a general officer. This is supposed to be the fucking military. With, you know, a rank system.

Ugh.

Then why do I hear Group/CC's who are O-6's call the Vice and Wing/CC's (who are also O-6's) "Sir" or "Ma'am?" They're the same rank, why can't they use first names all the time? Same with when I see the DO interact with the Sq/CC.

It's a position thing more than a rank thing. It's "highly optional" for you to salute a MoH winner, even if they're Enlisted.

How would you know what both their responsibilities are you if aren't either?

Seriously?

Yeah seriously. You're speaking out of your lane. The only basis that you have over a "protocol fail" is the fact Chief Cody, who is a good Chief and not an E-9, is the fact he's Enlisted. You're leaving out that he's the top Enlisted Airman in the USAF, he's not some MX Chief, not the some base's Command Chief, he's the highest ranking Chief in the USAF. Does he get certain privileges that go along with his office? Yeah, he and the VCSAF speak for the Chief. He speaks for the 326,259 Enlisted Airman in the USAF to the Chief, Congress, etc. The Enlisted bashing that goes on this forum sometimes is old hat.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Yeah seriously. You're speaking out of your lane. The only basis that you have over a "protocol fail" is the fact Chief Cody, who is a good Chief and not an E-9, is the fact he's Enlisted. You're leaving out that he's the top Enlisted Airman in the USAF, he's not some MX Chief, not the some base's Command Chief, he's the highest ranking Chief in the USAF. Does he get certain privileges that go along with his office? Yeah, he and the VCSAF speak for the Chief. He speaks for the 326,259 Enlisted Airman in the USAF to the Chief, Congress, etc. The Enlisted bashing that goes on this forum sometimes is old hat.

GMAFB. Hurt Feelings Reports can be found elsewhere on this forum. I am not bashing enlisted or even command Chiefs as I've worked with phenomenal ones many times. I've also worked with total douchebags who operated WAY outside their lanes. I HATE it when dudes of any rank expect to be treated like they're ing royalty. Edited by RTB

I've heard the senior enlisted dude also has some funny pay going on as well, it isn't what is listed on any standard pay chart. Anyone?

For the Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy, Chief Master Sergeant of the AF, Sergeant Major of the Army or Marine Corps or Senior Enlisted Advisor of the JCS, basic pay is $7,816.20. It's a note on the bottom of the 2014 Pay Scale chart.

Then why do I hear Group/CC's who are O-6's call the Vice and Wing/CC's (who are also O-6's) "Sir" or "Ma'am?" They're the same rank, why can't they use first names all the time? Same with when I see the DO interact with the Sq/CC.

It's a position thing more than a rank thing. It's "highly optional" for you to salute a MoH winner, even if they're Enlisted.

How would you know what both their responsibilities are you if aren't either?

Read the Enlisted Force Structure AFI it's a good starting point.

GMAFB. Hurt Feelings Reports can be found elsewhere on this forum. I am not bashing enlisted or even command Chiefs as I've worked with phenomenal ones many times. I've also worked with total douchebags who operated WAY outside their lanes. I HATE it when dudes of any rank expect to be treated like they're fucking royalty.

Quit while you're behind, Azimuth has it correct.

AFI 34-1201

7.5.3.1. The person serving as the Chief Master Sergeant of the Air Force (CMSAF) is accorded special precedence status. In accordance with the Department of Defense (DoD) Order of Precedence (OSD Memo, dtd 19 Feb 2010) this position is coded DV Code 4 and afforded 3-star precedence. At Joint events, the CMSAF comes before ALL 3-star generals. At Air Force exclusive events only, the CMSAF has precedence over all 3-star generals except the Assistant Vice Chief of Staff of the Air Force (CVA).