WTF? (**NSFW**)

slacker

So is anybody else following the Zimmerman trial on the news--as in keeping up with the highlights?

The 'star' witness the prosecution had up on the stand yesterday and today was a piece of work to say the least. It was entertaining to watch some of the highlights...entertaining as a train wreck. I'd say her credibility is blown.

So is anybody else following the Zimmerman trial on the news--as in keeping up with the highlights?

The 'star' witness the prosecution had up on the stand yesterday and today was a piece of work to say the least. It was entertaining to watch some of the highlights...entertaining as a train wreck. I'd say her credibility is blown.

Yea, I had to shake my head at the fact that she couldn't read "her" letter because it was written in cursive.

And when did they stop teaching how to write and read cursive?

Apparently the guy who is exercising his 2nd amendment rights also decided to murder the daughter of the police officer in the video. Then killed himself.

http://www.mlive.com...os_capt.html#/0

And?

Seeing a lot of these videos lately. People are recording their encounters with law enforcement in hopes of capturing evidence of someone infringing on their rights.

This guy is open carrying and walking his dog while recording a run in with the local LEOs (no doubt NWO thugs hell bent on tyranny).

Just wondering, what your opinions are of these people?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBFIE3jm2Ek

Open carrying to provoke an encounter with cops so you can make a video is one thing.

Video taping an encounter with cops because of open carrying is an entirely different one.

Go spend a couple hours on youtube watching how people who open carry are treated by cops and you'll quickly understand why videos are an absolute necessity.

In other news today I present your government looking out for you (and animals)

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/06/29/hare-brained-usda-reportedly-orders-childrens-magician-to-produce-disaster-plan-for-his-rabbit/

Edited by Fuzz
  • Upvote 1

Well, guess what happened to me this evening...

I was buying a Savage 64 BTV target rifle from a buddy of mine, and we agreed to meet at a gas station that's about halfway between where we live and where we've done similar transactions before.

He handed me the rifle and I briefly pointed it up at a billboard to check the scope out. Ten minutes later a police car rolled up and the officer got out and asked what was going on. We told him we were conducting a private gun sale, and he said there was a report of someone shooting at the billboard. I explained that I was just checking out the scope and that the rifle was unloaded. I also asked if he wanted to see ID. He replied no, he just had to check out what was really going on, and wished us a good evening and left.

No drama, no confrontation, no being belligerent on our part or the officer's. It was a reasonable, respectful encounter that lasted less than 15 seconds. We understood he had to find out what was going on, and there was no reason for us to be hostile as we weren't doing anything wrong, and we were treated respectfully.

Were our "rights" being violated by our being asked what was going on? No. Could we have been assholes towards the cop? Sure. Would that have helped resolve matters any? No. Do you think the next individuals with a rifle that the officer encounters will get treated the same way? Probably. Had we been jerks would they? Probably not.

Sorry I didn't get video for YouTube, but I would not be surprised that similar occurrences happen 99.69% of the time and never get posted on the Internet.

It all boils down to the Golden Rule, treat others like you would like to be treated, and most times that is what will happen.

I don't buy into all this police conspiracies that PYB and others claim is a common occurrence. I know not all cops are good at their jobs, but I also know it is a tough profession and in some ways tougher than serving in the military.

I am sure PYB will believe all of the above is made up, because people like him don't believe anything except what those voices in their heads are telling them; but I can assure you that it did and I am sure similar encounters occur every day. Unfortunately, it is jackasses like him that cause some cops to be less-than-respectful to others; but I can tell you that the vast majority of police officers I know are honest, hard-working professionals and have my utmost respect. But as the old saying goes, play stupid games, win stupid prizes; which is exactly the kind of games PYB is playing. One day he will win his "stupid" prize, and he'll deserve every inch of it!

• Upvote 2

Seeing a lot of these videos lately. People are recording their encounters with law enforcement in hopes of capturing evidence of someone infringing on their rights.

This guy is open carrying and walking his dog while recording a run in with the local LEOs (no doubt NWO thugs hell bent on tyranny).

Just wondering, what your opinions are of these people?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBFIE3jm2Ek

I generally appreciate what these guys are doing. Open carry creates a stir and these guys are helping to get the word out that guns aren't illegal or the devil. I hope someone in Arkansas without a TS clearance on the line will press-to-test soon now that the state has gone Constitutional Carry.

Well, guess what happened to me this evening...

I was buying a Savage 64 BTV target rifle from a buddy of mine, and we agreed to meet at a gas station that's about halfway between where we live and where we've done similar transactions before.

He handed me the rifle and I briefly pointed it up at a billboard to check the scope out. Ten minutes later a police car rolled up and the officer got out and asked what was going on. We told him we were conducting a private gun sale, and he said there was a report of someone shooting at the billboard. I explained that I was just checking out the scope and that the rifle was unloaded. I also asked if he wanted to see ID. He replied no, he just had to check out what was really going on, and wished us a good evening and left.

No drama, no confrontation, no being belligerent on our part or the officer's. It was a reasonable, respectful encounter that lasted less than 15 seconds. We understood he had to find out what was going on, and there was no reason for us to be hostile as we weren't doing anything wrong, and we were treated respectfully.

Were our "rights" being violated by our being asked what was going on? No. Could we have been assholes towards the cop? Sure. Would that have helped resolve matters any? No. Do you think the next individuals with a rifle that the officer encounters will get treated the same way? Probably. Had we been jerks would they? Probably not.

Sorry I didn't get video for YouTube, but I would not be surprised that similar occurrences happen 99.69% of the time and never get posted on the Internet.

It all boils down to the Golden Rule, treat others like you would like to be treated, and most times that is what will happen.

I don't buy into all this police conspiracies that PYB and others claim is a common occurrence. I know not all cops are good at their jobs, but I also know it is a tough profession and in some ways tougher than serving in the military.

I am sure PYB will believe all of the above is made up, because people like him don't believe anything except what those voices in their heads are telling them; but I can assure you that it did and I am sure similar encounters occur every day. Unfortunately, it is jackasses like him that cause some cops to be less-than-respectful to others; but I can tell you that the vast majority of police officers I know are honest, hard-working professionals and have my utmost respect. But as the old saying goes, play stupid games, win stupid prizes; which is exactly the kind of games PYB is playing. One day he will win his "stupid" prize, and he'll deserve every inch of it!

All this^

I agree that there are going to be that small percentage of bad cops but I've never had a problem.....Well, except one time as a teenager I was initially accused, by a cop, of something that I didn't do . Instead of being a dick, I politely explained that I had not done what I was being accused of and gave a polite explanation about what I had been doing that night making it impossible for me to have done what I was accused of. The entire incident lasted less than 5 minutes and we both went our seperate ways. Had I been a dick, it would have probably ended much differently. The only people that I have ever known to have been treated unfairly (in their mind) by the cops were douche bags and probably had it coming.

cool story ;

There are certain areas (I.e. liberal states) that have gun friendly laws but not gun friendly people. You were in TX, I'm pretty sure if you had done something like that in other states you probably would have the SWAT team rolling up. Are all cops bad? Hell no, however a little SA about the current gun climate of the area makes the difference. There are enough videos of cops trying to strong arm citizens into turning over their weapons "to be checked" or forced to present ID, that while the golden rule works 99% of the time that video could be the difference between you walking away free or going to jail based on the accusations of a bad cop.

So, was Range Safety too busy watching it spin out of control to send the destruct command? Thankfully nobody was hurt.

On second thought looks like we can BRAC the rest of our nuke bases.

• Upvote 2

The Russians don't use explosives in their flight termination software. Instead the engines are shut down and the rocket does its thing. On the Proton the software is inhibited during the first 45 seconds of flight to prevent the rocket from potentially falling back on the pad and severely damaging it.

Edited by Breckey

USAF hasn't had a launch failure since 1999; 100+ payloads and counting. Just thought I'd throw that out there.

Maybe that "checklist discipline" thing has something to do with that? Or maybe our rockets have FEs?

Maybe that "checklist discipline" thing has something to do with that? Or maybe our rockets have FEs?

Or maybe it's B-1B rocket that forgot to put his gear down. Or maybe it's a C-17 rocket that landed at the wrong airport.

Don't jokes get old with you people?

USAF hasn't had a launch failure since 1999; 100+ payloads and counting. Just thought I'd throw that out there.

The fact that the USAF had a failure as recent as 1999 tells me that this shit isn't routine or easy. Keep up the good work space nerds, seriously.

• Upvote 1

The fact that the USAF had a failure as recent as 1999 tells me that this shit isn't routine or easy. Keep up the good work space nerds, seriously.

For comparison, Russia has had two catastrophic failures in roughly a year. Our issues in 1999 resulted in placing two satellites into useless orbits; one of which was about a billion dollar loss.

Our last explosion was this one in 97: "We've had an anomaly."

Cops shoot and kill unarmed man in Long Beach:

Tragic, but an understandable and reasonable reaction by the police.

First, there was a 911 call of "a drunken man with a gun" by one of the neighbors.

Secondly, when police arrived, the individual responded with actions that appeared to be his pointing a weapon at the officers. In response, the officers shot first.

Police are trained to respond like that, it's called "action before reaction." He appeared to pose a threat and there is no legal requirement to issue a warning.

I understand their grief, but unfortunately the man's death was caused by a series of his own stupid actions and bad luck.

Put yourself in the police's position, how would you react?