Leadership at the 'Deid

Toro

When I was over there last (Summer '05) we were getting five rooms per crew with six people on the crew so the two lowest ranking on the crew had to shack up. Is that still the case?

This is a chance for members of the community to come out and get their "This is what I did on my deployment" photo.

If we're going to go REMF on this, isn't that statement a direct lie, a direct abandonment of one specific core value, etc? That little gem right there blatantly says, "tell a lie to your family and friends, b/c everyone knows you did absolutely nothing even remotely close to this on your deployment." What a bunch of bullshit...though I can't say I'm really surprised.

When immigration goes through your bags do they rifle through your laptop files/take it out of the case?

I've heard of people having to fire up the laptop but never heard of customs going through the files. They will, however, go through your CD case and will look at files on CDs so make sure you don't have anything you aren't suppose to have in a CD/DVD.

External HDD is the way to go...

• Downvote 1

I've heard of people having to fire up the laptop but never heard of customs going through the files. They will, however, go through your CD case and will look at files on CDs so make sure you don't have anything you aren't suppose to have in a CD/DVD.

External HDD is the way to go...

http://www.truecrypt.org/

Can create encrypted disks on any storage medium (without the key it just looks like a file with garbage data). Also works great for recordkeeping - you can create a virtual encrypted disk on a thumbdrive, etc and save USAA online financial documents/PDF LESs/printouts of anything else (http://www.cutepdf.com/ is a free driver to do this). Then for backup you can burn it to CDs or even email it to yourself and it will still be secure.

For those firing up the laptop, it might be worth it to create a 2nd account with a default looking desktop, etc. and no permissions to access any of your personal files and set it as the default profile. This is also useful to prevent your kids from messing with important settings while trying to find Solitaire and may even delay a thief in the event your laptop gets stolen.

Long time ago, back in the Camp Andy days, a bunch dumb ass shoes decided to have themselves a little picnic. Being resourceful for their beverage cooling needs, they found a container to hold the ice, cans, etc. It just so happens they ended up taking one of the silver human remains caskets from the stack by the road on the way to the CAOC.

Long time ago, back in the Camp Andy days, a bunch dumb ass shoes decided to have themselves a little picnic. Being resourceful for their beverage cooling needs, they found a container to hold the ice, cans, etc. It just so happens they ended up taking one of the silver human remains caskets from the stack by the road on the way to the CAOC.

I would hope someone gave them a "Come to Jesus" meeting for this. Unbelievable.

You would not believe the stupidity I've seen out of idiot shoes with regards to transfer cases. It pisses me off how little respect the average airman has for fallen soldiers.

I've actually had an Army troop commander bring some moron airman up to me after a flight in the box. Apparently Amn Retard tried to prop up his feet on a flag covered transfer case on my airplane ("I've got a bad knee...sir"). The Army Sergeant Major didn't take too kindly to that. Amn Retard was returning on my plane to base X and I got the pleasure of talking to his supervisor when I had to get my CAC pin reset the next day (Amn Retard was NOT happy to see me show up at his office). Capt Computer Shoe was entirely clueless and didn't understand my conspicuous frustration. Some people should never be in the military.

Ugh.

You would not believe the stupidity I've seen out of idiot shoes with regards to transfer cases. It pisses me off how little respect the average airman has for fallen soldiers.

I've actually had an Army troop commander bring some moron airman up to me after a flight in the box. Apparently Amn Retard tried to prop up his feet on a flag covered transfer case on my airplane ("I've got a bad knee...sir"). The Army Sergeant Major didn't take too kindly to that. Amn Retard was returning on my plane to base X and I got the pleasure of talking to his supervisor when I had to get my CAC pin reset the next day (Amn Retard was NOT happy to see me show up at his office). Capt Computer Shoe was entirely clueless and didn't understand my conspicuous frustration. Some people should never be in the military.

Ugh.

UFB!

This week folks are beginning to move into the hard billets, Millenium Village. I expect it to be a rather slow-and-painful transition, but with luck I'll get to stay in a trailer and my replacement will move in there, and I won't have to pack all my stuff and move into a tent for the last week of my deployment.

The new billets do look great; I look forward to living in them on my next vacation out here.

Much larger BX, but I doubt that will amount to better selection. When I got here they had the aisle full of discount merchandise. Twelve pairs of size 16 running shoes. A pallet of feminie hygene products. A case a 256M Sony Memory sticks. There is currently an aisle with a full shelf of swim goggles and nose plugs. The pool has been closed for (I don't know how long--before I got here). They have video games; I was thinking of getting a Nintendo DX. Only the whole shelf of games consists of My Pretty Pony, Dora the Explorer and other games targeted to 10 year old girls. No kidding. And then they ran out of DXs. Did you know there is a game where you take care of a baby? You have to feed it and play with it and stuff. A video game. I have a better idea. Give me your $30 and you can take care of my four kids one night. My wife back in Omaha needs a break while I'm here.

They have five copies left of the DVD release of the first season of "MacMillan and Wife" from the 80's. I could list many more titles...

We all still do the daily shelf-checks, but it's a little depressing. Hoping to get a Valentine's Day card in the near future... Preemptively send a "missing you" card in lieu of...

As for "Queep", I don't recall thinking about the PT gear issues in weeks. We all got pissed off at the many times we were told to be grown-ups and wear our uniform accoring to the standards (of the`Deid) But the funny thing is, if you just shut up and color, it becomes a non-issue.

Actually having the time of my life with my crew, so I don't have too many complaints. All the beef jerky you can eat. And we live on "Rip-It", a Red Bull look-alike.

I've been trolling this board for years, thought it was time for my $.02.

v/r Flip

I heard somethhing funny on the bus today. A group of newbies were talking about how glad they were to be here, it was a vacation from base X. I told them I leave for that very base in a couple of days and can't wait to get home I then asked what they did. One of them spoke up and responded "I'm a video troop," I half laughed and asked what that was, well they run cameras and crap and basically work for comm. WTF... video troop??? We have taken this every airman a warrior mantra wayyyy to far.

With most personnel remaining in the main part of CC, are they just building a new BX/ Dining Hall, etc. for MV, or are they closing the current ones? They're gutting the bx right now, and it is a temporary building, but there is no way they'd make us go all the way to MV to get more gum and cigs, right?

I don't think they're closing the CC one down. There will still be some 4000+ people living in CC since BPC will only house 1500 people (MV is now BPC - name change already!)

The new BX is very nice and has a large selection of items... looks like they'll also be opening a Popeye's soon as well as a chinese fast food joint.

One thing I will say about the deid that has been nice- the outprocessing checklist is SO easy. No more running from unit to unit getting signed off. It's all electronic. Place a few phone calls and done. The only place I had to go was MDG to pick up by medical history folder.

Oh- the pool closed in November for repairs; I think they said it should reopen in May.

Watch out, they are setting up speed traps in MV. They were lazing vehicles tonight.

Also, what's up with the lack of chew around here? They're only stocked with Skoal Apple! WTF!

MV is effing huge. I took a nice long trip thru there when I fell asleep on my 1.5 hour bus ride, missed the stop. Without telling anyone, they changed the bus schedules; no posts, no emails sent. They expanded the route to include MV, but decreased the number of buses! Oh, and after midnight, there's only ONE bus running around the complex - to OpsTown (CAOC still has several, to service the three people who work there who don't have their own vehicle.) The bus is supposed to return every 40 minutes; has been taking even longer. This is great considering we rely on the bus to go fly, no personal pickup for tanker guys.

The bus is supposed to return every 40 minutes; has been taking even longer. This is great considering we rely on the bus to go fly, no personal pickup for tanker guys.

Is that 40 minutes for the one bus after midnight? Is the MV bus the same as the CC bus? How often does a Ops bus swing by during daylight hours?

"... it could always be worse!" :flipoff:

Is that 40 minutes for the one bus after midnight? Is the MV bus the same as the CC bus? How often does a Ops bus swing by during daylight hours?

"... it could always be worse!" :flipoff:

All buses go to CC, so it's the "OpsTown" bus, but after crews were stranded and being picked up by the people meant to be manning the Ops desk (and a shitton of complaints all around) we've gotten back to 3 buses an hour. Still sucks. I don't mind too bad since I'm outta here in 28 hours! :rock:

Course, I'll be back here in about a month and a half. :darkcloud:

Uhhgggg, so I just get an email that tells me I have to shave my glorious deployment stache becasue it may reflect "negatively" on the squadron in our...wait for it...PA photo's/article of my crew "in action". Of all the sh!t they want, now they want my mustache!? YGBSM! I admit it may not be within the regs but come on. Next they'll want me to get a haircut...oh wait.

Cooter

Uhhgggg, so I just get an email that tells me I have to shave my glorious deployment stache becasue it may reflect "negatively" on the squadron in our...wait for it...PA photo's/article of my crew "in action". Of all the sh!t they want, now they want my mustache!? YGBSM! I admit it may not be within the regs but come on. Next they'll want me to get a haircut...oh wait.

Cooter

Do they think your stache is going to bring disgrace to our community? There isn't much left for them to take away from us anymore.

Cooter

Cut it down so it's horrible but within regs. When I first got on Active Duty there was this NCO in the office I was casual at with the fat face, the thick glasses and the poorly trimmed but right to the corners of the mouth overgrown Hitler stache.

BTW, last time I saw you when you were my best friend with a CAOC badge, you weren't rockin the stache. Something new? It's not March yet...

:bohica: Here comes the monthly exercise. I'm guessing ORIs are next, as the Deid's quickly establishing itself as the next permanent base, as evidenced by the new dorms/exchange/gym/etc.

Edit: You may be able to sleep through it, depending on where you live. I did.

Edited by The_Ginger

WHO THE F*CK IS THE GENIUS AT THE DEID WHO DECIDED TO PUT TRANSIENT AIRCREW TENTS NEXT TO THE MAIN MOTHERF*CKING ROAD ON BASE!?!?!?! CHOKE YOURSELF!!!

Oh, and thanks fuel truck operator for f*cking up my airplane. That was sweet, too.

WHO THE F*CK IS THE GENIUS AT THE DEID WHO DECIDED TO PUT TRANSIENT AIRCREW TENTS NEXT TO THE MAIN MOTHERF*CKING ROAD ON BASE!?!?!?! CHOKE YOURSELF!!!

Oh, and thanks fuel truck operator for f*cking up my airplane. That was sweet, too.

I have no business posting on this thread, but I just wanted to tell you that is the funniest post I have ever read in my life...ever.

Sorry it came at your expense (sts), but comedic gold nonetheless.

:beer: