Gun Talk

VL-16

I think there's a way to shorten the trigger pull by changing the spring or something, might be worth looking into.

No you can't. The S&W Shield/Bodyguard and the Ruger LCP have a long trigger pull because they are designed specifically as a concealed carry weapon and the idea is that it's not a hair trigger that might go off in your pocket. I got my wife a bodyguard and looked into being able to adjust the trigger and unfortunately there's no way to do so

• Upvote 1

Buds has AK's in stock again for only a little over double their price from 6 months ago.

$1200 for a standard WASR-10? OK, it's a GP but that's no real biggie. That's not double their price from six months ago, that's more than triple it. WASR-10s went as low as $299 last year, but were mainly running around $350-400 at best...

I know what you mean... We'll see how we get used to it after some serious shooting. I really liked the feel and especially the trigger of the Sig P238, which is almost as small, but neither of us wanted something with an external safety. I guess that's the tradeoff.

My wife used to carry it. We still keep it around for when we take the dog for a walk and we just stuff it in the jacket pocket but the trigger pull was harsh and the recoil wasn't very enjoyable. If it isn't fun to shoot, you won't practice.

She upgraded to a Kahr CM9 which for a bigger round had less recoil. 10% of the time she belt carries but the rest of the time she purse carries so size doesn't matter...STS.

AR mags: http://www.natchezss.com/Category.cfm?contentID=productDetail&brand=CT&prodID=CT3023001175&prodTitle=.223%20Alluminum%20Black%20Teflon%20Black%20Follower%2030%20Round%20Magazine

Don't have them, didn't order any, don't need any more (especially at $20+/piece) but if you are desperate....

Got this for $275, not bad considering the current market. I'm picking it up later this week...

SIGMosquito3_zpsde496b60.jpg

I know they have a reputation for being a bit finicky with ammo, but what .22 isn't? Even .22 firearm I own has its quirks, but I'm expecting this to be a fun plinker.

Cheers! M2

• Upvote 1

I went for the Ruger SR22 when it came to getting a plinker pistol and for initiating pistol training/fam for the kids. It comes with 2 grips, one for smaller hands like the kids and one for the bigger kids like me and the wife. It handled Remington and Federal bulk 22 rounds without issue. I wanted to get a variety of high velocity and subsonic to try out just to see how it does, but the shelves are bare. As for using to show the kids how to use pistols, I like that it has an external hammer, safety/decocking lever, SA/DA...basically like an M9. Out the door at the BX for $299.

I looked at Walther but I was not impressed with their alloy slide.

Out

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/military-service-members-safety-act-2013/0MPjbZXm

The “Military Service Member's Safety Act”, resembling the Law Enforcement Officer's Safety Act would allow for all cleared active duty,retired and national guard military personnel the right to carry a concealed weapon, including firearms, on a national level without having to obtain multiple state carry permits. The application process and background check would still apply, but the permit’s reciprocity would become accepted throughout the entire United States. This law would give America countless numbers of law abiding trained personnel to help prevent crime (including mass shootings) at no additional taxpayer expense. The law would provide clear nationwide rules to replace the variety of state/local laws that create confusion to military personnel continually changing duty locations.

Dislike. Veterans are not "super citizens" who should be entitled to any more rights or privileges than the rest of America. The same goes for law enforcement personnel.

There is only one class of citizen in America -- one to which all of the liberties and rights apply to.

Edited by Hacker
  • Upvote 3

Dislike. Veterans are not "super citizens" who should be entitled to any more rights or privileges than the rest of America. The same goes for law enforcement personnel.

There is only one class of citizen in America -- one to which all of the liberties and rights apply to.

I agree with you, however, right now there is only on group that can CCW nationwide and that is LEOs, hardly your ordinary "civilian" and they get massively more privileges than even we as military members do. I think if the move is made to nationally license people for concealed carry, then it could easily be extended to all other citizens. While what you stated is the case that rights apply to everyone, pushing for everyone at one time has a lower chance of working than a "common sense" (excuse my while I throw up) step in that direction, gotta use the liberals own tactics of one piece of the puzzle at a time since gun rights don't have the majority in all three branches.

• Upvote 2

Correct - but the issue here is do you think the average LEO is more competent with a concealed carry firearm than the average vet?

• Upvote 1

I went for the Ruger SR22 when it came to getting a plinker pistol and for initiating pistol training/fam for the kids. It comes with 2 grips, one for smaller hands like the kids and one for the bigger kids like me and the wife. It handled Remington and Federal bulk 22 rounds without issue. I wanted to get a variety of high velocity and subsonic to try out just to see how it does, but the shelves are bare. As for using to show the kids how to use pistols, I like that it has an external hammer, safety/decocking lever, SA/DA...basically like an M9. Out the door at the BX for $299. I looked at Walther but I was not impressed with their alloy slide. Out

+1

We got my wife an SR22 last summer for her first gun that was "hers." We have both put a ton of rounds through it with no complaints; it's fun and easy to shoot!

If you're looking for high velocity .22LR ammo, Gander Mountain has some on sale now: CCI Mini Mags (1600 rounds) or CCI HP Stingers (900 rounds) in an ammo can for $100. Not sure if you have a Gander near you though and I don't think the sale is online. There was quite a bit in stock at my local store last week, surprisingly.

If something like this is passed, I don't see it automatically making every military person instantaneoulsy approved to carry. One would have to make the conscious act to apply for what I will now call the "Federal CCL." Often, those that apply for CCLs have used firearms beyond the minimum training the military has provided. And if someone wants to levy more training, I'm sure some govt buracrat bueracrat bearucrat employee can spin up a CBT or 499 PPT slide deck to fill in any gaps.

I wonder if they will issue badges to go with it? I'd make a T-shirt with that.

Out