Gun Talk

VL-16

I f'in' love the fact that the District of Columbia neither issues nor honors other states' CHLs. As a Virginia resident, that's a real pisser.

Half the time, that's where I feel I most need to be armed.

Edited by brickhistory

For those of you still gun shopping, Budsgunshop.com is having a huge sale on almost everything this weekend, however, you must order online to get the deals. Below is part of the email I was sent...

We will have a TON of deals going on over the weekend. However, you MUST purchase online during the sale to get the deals. We will NOT honor any sales prices after midnight Sunday. Phone calls or voice mails received on Monday morning will NOT receive the weekend sales prices. Emails sent over the weekend do NOT qualify as an order and will NOT receive the sales price. Website sales prices will NOT be honored at either retail store location. NO EXCEPTIONS !!

Now for a preview of just some of this weekends deals !........

1. Every single firearm on the website, new or used, will be at least $10 off, and up to $150 off.

2. Every order, of any amount, enters you into a drawing for a $500 gift card. Gift cards will be awarded via email at 12 pm EST Monday 4th.

3. We are discounting over 95% of all accessories and ammunition on the website. This is a serious discount and will reflect an average 35% savings off our normal profit margins.

4. We will have some limited quantity manufacturer sales specials, including Beretta collectible firearms with consecutive serial numbers.

5. We will throw in a few surprises of our own, including some extremely hard to find ammunition and accessories.

If you're waiting to find the absolute cheapest price on a popular gun, chances are, this is the sale where you'll find it.

-9-

Guest JollyFlight21

8.99/box of 20 rds on .223 right now at Buds. That's pretty good.

Don't keep your gun in your dorm - you are just asking for trouble. I would store it at a friend's place first and at the armory as the last resort. No need for someone to mess with my guns if they don't have to.

As for CCW - you are pretty much screwed doing this on an AFB unless you have a really good "in" with maybe the SFS/CC. The one possible exception would be living in base housing and carrying off base by saying you are going to and from the range located off base. You would probably be up sh!t creek if they found you carrying in a routine stop or one of the RAM checks at the gate.

I know one guy at Laughlin who had SF called to his dorm because the base mail transfer people got a big reloader in the mail for him. It was pretty funny to hear him tell the story about explaining what a reloader was to the mail people and SF - no one had a clue what it really was but there was a picture of a gun on the box...

BF

You cannot keep your firearms in the dorm. You can't carry on base. You can (at all the bases i've been at) keep your firearms in base housing(not dorms), but they need to be registered with SF. The only time you can transport your gun on base is/to from your on base housing to the gate or to the trap range/range if they have one. They want to you declare that you have a firearm in your vehicle if doing this. Does everyone do this when they go through the gate? No, but I guarantee your day will get more complicated if they do a random search of your vehicle and they find your 870 in the trunk.

UPT studs have a few options.

1. Find a buddy in town and store your stuff there.

2. Get one of those big safes and rent a storage unit off base.

3. Put your guns at the SF armory. Can't store more than 50 rds from the bases i've been at which is a limiting factor if you like to buy crates of ammo. Plus as already mentioned, it's a huge pain to check them in and out.

4. Talk to the local reputable gun shop and see if you can work out a deal to store you gun there.

I lived in the dorms at UPT and just rented a storage unit and put my safe in there. I drilled holes in the concrete floor and mounted the safe to the floor with big ass bolts. Was handy for the large quantity of ammo etc that I had. Be sure to have a good record of your stuff and that it's insured if you go this route.

Edited by snoopyeast

I lived in the dorms at UPT and just rented a storage unit and put my safe in there. I drilled holes in the concrete floor and mounted the safe to the floor with big ass bolts. Was handy for the large quantity of ammo etc that I had. Be sure to have a good record of your stuff and that it's insured if you go this route.

This is exactly what I did too. You can also get your buddies to chip in if you store some of their stuff as well to offset the cost. It is worth the extra cash to do it this way to have access to them when you want to go shooting.

BF

But understand that these laws only apply to weapons made in the state, bought in the state, and stay within the state. Otherwise, Federal laws will apply as soon as they cross the state line...

But I applaud the states' attempts to pre-empt any ridiculous Federal firearms laws that may be on the horizon.

Cheers! M2

Finally got the purchasing permit from the local PD and bought a Kimber 1911 "Series I" from a friend last Saturday. Went to the range last night and put close to 100 rounds through it. It's nice to finally own a firearm! My brother purchased a Beretta 92G at the same time I bought my 1911. Shooting two new guns (new to us) at the range was priceless.

Many of us stocked up before gun and ammo prices went through the roof!

But speaking of which, a buddy sent me this email and link to a shop that is offering pretty good deals!

I bought my M-4 from this gun shop via internet. He gave me a good deal and was easy to deal with. He’s offering a program that if you join and pay $5 a month he will sell you guns at dealer’s price. Even without the discount his guns are priced low. Give it a look.

On Point Firearms

These are the best prices I have seen in the past four months on AR-15/M4s.

But right now I am on the hunt for ammo (mainly .380) and a Webley (in .455; which when I get one I'll be on the hunt for .455 ammo!).

Cheers! M2

But right now I am on the hunt for ammo (mainly .380) and a Webley (in .455; which when I get one I'll be on the hunt for .455 ammo!).

Cheers! M2

Let me know if you find any .455 online. I've been looking locally and online but to no avail. I haven't even been able to fire my damn Webley yet. :banghead:

Guest Unconfirmed Source

Just for M2.

"9mm is a .45 set on stun, and real men do not believe in stun."

I was at my local Big 5 looking for a Mosin and found that they actually had .45ACP in stock!! Of course it was a 50 round box of Remington UMC and the cost was just shy of $50. I walked out with no Mosin and no ammo. The hunt continues.

M2, I was looking for .455 online and found some. It's pricey though... Linky

It's about $0.88/round and that's before shipping.

Actually, since the latest offer I got on .380 was $1/round, that doesn't seem like a bad price at all!

My problem at the moment is not having anything to fire some .455 from! There hasn't been any Webleys in sight, not at the gun shows, not on GunBroker.com, nowhere! :bash:

By the way, our local Academy Sports have had .45 and 9mm for about $18/50. It doesn't stick around long, but at least I am seeing some on the shelves!

Cheers! M2

I just went to the gun show here in Abilene, saw this T1F.png

its a 10/22 converted to look like a Tommy gun. You can order the kit here. I was going to make my 10/22 a target gun but I think that I may just have to do this instead. No body would even budge on their prices for guns and they wanted at least a 1 a round for 380, and were selling the WWB 45 for 60. However they did have some good deals on some mags and other stuff. It's interesting how last summer it was gas was really bad, now ever since Nov 2 and even worse since Jan 30 you just can't find ammo unless your there when it gets unloaded, and the prices are high. I just wonder when the prices will come back down on everything. I know its all Fear and demand at this point, but seriously now.

Three things:

1. Colt has finally changed its website from its years old design. Colt Mfg.

2. Ruger is coming out with a gas piston AR-15; the SR-556. It's an adjustable gas piston design (chrome plated piston), comes with Troy flip up sights, a Troy rail, Hogue grip, chromed BCG and Bolt, barrels are made in house and are cold hammer forged. MSRP is $2K, which means it will probably sell for $1700. That's pricey, but when you factor in the previous points I mentioned, it is worth it (as long as the rifle is sound) if you're looking for an EBR setup. Ruger SR-556

3. That's a cool looking Tommy Gun conversion. Auto Ordnance makes overpriced "real" ones in .45. They can be had in legal barrel lengths or traditional barrel lengths, which would require you to get a $200 tax stamp. Also, no full auto. Auto Ordnance Thompson Products

Edited by Timbonez