What Do You Drive?

Guest levei363

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Excuse my ignorance, I've seen this topic before...but why do Lt's go out and get a nice car following commissioning?

I rewarded myself with a big screen television since I already had a car. Otherwise, I would have bought a car/truck.

I drive a Chevy 1500 single cab pickup, and I love it.

Edit: I didn't answer the F$&king question.

Edited by beast05

Guest MegaPieBoy
Kawasaki ZX-12R as a LT. Now as a Captain I have a ZX-14. I want the new Camaro when it comes out but the woman of the house says I have to sell the bike.

The new Camaro's are fricken sweet.....Thats what I wanted, but my wife wanted to get a "more practical" car so we ended up getting a 2009 Cadillac CTS(it was a repo. and the deal was good) since it was a 4 door. I just commissioned on Friday and we bought the car like a month ago, so were using our savings to make the payments for the two month gap before I EAD. It kinda sucks not having an income and making payments, but the car is nice and it sounds like my wait is alot less than most rotc grads.

Guest Fuse

Wife's grocery getter: 2009 Toyota Carolla S

Corolla7.JPG

My ticket getter: 2004 SRT-4

1240506893.jpg

Edited by Fuse

Guest Sandlapper
I did it myself for less than a grand...

And on the pic, I can outrun a real lambo for the first 1320 feet and thats with the big girls in the back for added traction. lol

Hemi, "Lambo" doors, etc....whatever. It's still a stationwagon.

2001 Mitsubishi Mirage. With custom paint job (i.e. the body color is fading fast but the hood and roof are still normal looking). Had it since I was 16 so it's def a POS at this point. Still runnin'...upgrade postponed until double-platinum (Capt)

I own a 2004 Toyota Sienna...the chicks love it.

The wife drives an 07 Sienna. It is tough to look cool in a minivan.

I drive the old family grocery getter- 02 Chevy Tahoe. I kept the 'Hoe because it can pull my other toys- my ’86 Jeep CJ-7 (the last of the real Jeeps), my Yamaha XT 350 and my boat. I thought about buying a sports car, but the old Jeep is more my speed (and cheaper).

1996 Mustang Cobra Convertible. My Lt Mobile, still have it.

mustang_lf3.JPG

It is parked next my wife's 65 Mustang Fastback.

MustangFastback-1965CecilCranford.jpg

Had to use stock footage from the internet, All my car pics are back in Seattle. I will change them out eventually.

Edited by Butters

Guest Hueypilot812
The wife drives an 07 Sienna. It is tough to look cool in a minivan.

That is a true statement, but somehow I pull it off.

On a serious note, the minivan WAS my ex-wife's vehicle, but she pulled a fast one in court and claimed she couldn't afford to refinance the van, so the judge stuck me with it. Two car payments and a mortgage later, I had to cut something, and I sold my Volvo. Have had the van ever since (apparently vans don't have great resale value, while European sedans sell much better...imagine that).

After claiming she couldn't afford to refinance the Sienna, she promptly went out and bought a fully loaded Saturn VUE, complete with leather seats, sunroof and a variety of other options.

my ’86 Jeep CJ-7 (the last of the real Jeeps)

Dad has '71 CJ-5 which is a lot of fun. Sucks when you get stuck driving it on the freeway at night though; chill factor goes through the roof.

71cj5.jpg

dang, nice house butters! oh wait, stock footage.

after i get the whole finance situation figured out, and prolly as a UPT complete style reward, I'm gonna be looking into a Lotus elise/exige (depending on price, and how well the finance thing works itself out). they actually aren't super expensive, and they perform very well, and have a different style look.

Dad has '71 CJ-5 which is a lot of fun. Sucks when you get stuck driving it on the freeway at night though; chill factor goes through the roof.

Crank the heat, and you can occasionally feel a hint of warmth on your feet.

Here’s a picture of mine on the way to get muddy.

post-2310-1241612746_thumb.jpg

I kept my '97 Toyota 4Runner from college. Went with a downpayment on a house instead of LT Mobile. 200,000 miles and running strong(knock on wood), it's pretty nice not having a car payment each month.

Dos.

I'm still driving my '95 Maxima from college with nearly 200k. Has had some issues over time but still beats a $300/month car payment...

Guest IncompletePete

I'm genuinely surprised at the lack motorcycles on here!

If I make the cut I'm going straight out to buy one of these, I'll hold off on the 'vette at least until my back's too screwed to ride a sportsbike:

new%20ducati%20848%20white.jpg

Guest TwinTurbo

My LT mobile: 2004 G35 - manual

My wife's grocery getter: 2008 BMW 335i hardtop convertible

Gotta love dual income and no kids