Everything posted by lloyd christmas
-
How many generations of flying in your family?
I come from a long line of military men. We lost a great one today. My grandfather passed away this morning peacefully. He was a Marine who fought at Iwo Jima. We are losing too many of them too fast. To you grandpa! Rest in Peace.
-
Air to Air Photos of Military Aircraft
The 89th never disbanded. The 89th Fighter Squadron was converted to a Airlift Squadron in 1994 and continue to fly at Wright Pat. Still the Rhinos.
-
Leadership at the 'Deid
Does this belong in the Gen Welsh thread?
-
I think they TOTALLY get it (Suicides)
"The course also includes 20-25 hours of prerequisite, Computer Based Training" They clearly get it. Im not going.
-
Help with a Divorce
You have got lots of good advice about lawyers and money. You mentioned you have two kids. Keep in mind that there will actually be a time when the emotion/anger/frustration towards your wife is gone. It will be gone for her too. You both will move on. When the dust settles, it's the kids that are left with all the emotion and love for both of you. As hard as it is, you need to look past the bullshit and find a solution that benefits your children. It's not about you or her anymore.
- MAFFS C-130 Crash in South Dakota
-
Marine Fighter Squadron Told To Nix Crusader Patch/Emblem
Same douchebag that challenged the 523 FS at Cannon. https://www.afhra.af.mil/factsheets/factsheet.asp?id=11426 https://ascream.blogtownhall.com/?tag=MRFF
- WTF? (**NSFW**)
-
Bucket List
If you havent done Ali Al Saleem in the summer it is an absolute must.
- Need Some Help Here...
- AFRC Force structure changes...
- AFRC Force structure changes...
-
AFRC Force structure changes...
Why do you have such a hard on for this Ft Smith case? I am not and was not arguing the Ft Smith case exclusively. The Ft Smith deal was fucked up. That is a fact. They literally bought themselves a few more years. I am simply saying that this is far from over as the politicians have not had their say in it yet and the list will probably change.
- AFRC Force structure changes...
-
AFRC Force structure changes...
Actually, in some instances it did work. There were numerous examples of Guard units that were set to close as a result of BRAC 2005 that did not close. Fort Smith, Nashville and Reno are a few examples. Fort Smith actually grew in size. Point is, the list of proposed changes are not final. The list will change once the politicians get involved.
-
C-130 AMP (Avionics Modernization Program)
Everything I have read and heard says it is done. We will see what Congress says though. Our 4 AMPd airplanes are currently in a flyable storage status. They havent flown in a couple weeks.
-
AFRC downsizing
Maybe that it how they plan on filling the jobs at the new reserve squadron that is standing up at Little Rock.
-
Stolen Valor Question
The more I look at that pic, it is very clear that those are some sort of AF wings. This guys is a fraud. I'm with CH, release the Hounds!
-
Stolen Valor Question
The dude in question is wearing wings with a wreath around a star. I'm pretty sure the Marines dont have a star or wreath above jump wings to signify experience or a certain amount of jumps. I could be wrong though.
-
Viper incident at Oshkosh.
Looks to me like it may have been a formation landing judging by the other viper in the background.
-
Punch at 13 years?
Good ole Scoobs. It is hard to believe you have been around here since 2004! Good on ya. You actually didnt have "one last question". You had two. The answer to your first question depends on the 1000 variables that make up someone's personal situation. The answer to your second question is about the same. Guard/Reserve squadrons have hired people with over 15 years before and some will in the future. Again, it depends on about a 1000 variables that the squadron takes into account. Everybody's situation is different.
-
Reconstitution Questions
Does the AF only use time in the AOR to determine the amount of reconstitution leave or do they use all time spent away from your home of record? I am deployed as guest help with another unit. I will have over 90 days deployed and will get another week of reconstitution if they consider time spent at the other unit (which is out of my State) as well as travel time getting to the AOR and back. Our Log Plans guy back home is telling me that they only use time in the AOR to calculate the leave while the unit I am with says they count all time away from home. Which is it and can someone point me to a specific reg?
-
Afghanistan...how would you fix it?
I'll lend my opinion in a week or so when I go back to good ole Trashcanistan.
-
More Voices of Discontent
Great read and very true.
-
I Hate Reflective Belts
Hell yeah I was being serious. I want to be so bright and reflective that bus drivers, the enemy, chiefs or a fucking satellite can see me. Day or night. Isnt that the only way to stay safe?