If you posted something on 21 Feb 21, it likely didn't stick during the server migration. -DFRESH ×

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Want to slash American carbon?  Build nuclear power plants.  

When MSNBC announced Trump's win in Iowa, there was an audible grunt from Rachel Madow. By the sound of it, she apparently sat on her sack wrong. Happens to the best of us.

Found this entertaining Because screw that bitch and her "it's my turn" mentality. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted Images

image.png.3a72f4fe8264fd66f4cbb8ce969ca242.png

Trump is going to win big. 

Take a look at the "Primary Model" by Helmut Nortpoth. Hard numbers to defend his statistical model. Correctly predicted 25/27 presidential elections since 1912. Only missed 1960 and 2000 because courts got involved. Unless courts get involved this time then Trump will win.

Again, Democrats are going to have a rude awakening in this election. Hopefully Trump wins MI and WI tomorrow so he can declare victory and we don't have to wait for NC and PA.

2 hours ago, Seadogs said:

Take a look at the "Primary Model" by Helmut Nortpoth. Hard numbers to defend his statistical model. Correctly predicted 25/27 presidential elections since 1912. Only missed 1960 and 2000 because courts got involved. Unless courts get involved this time then Trump will win.

It has predicted 4, not 25. You can't retroactively predict events with a statistical model and claim it as evidence of predictive power, that's classic overfitting. Even if Trump wins I doubt it's going to be with a landslide of that size.

InFrame_1604342967376.jpg

Edited by DosXX
Added my prediction
  • Upvote 2
11 minutes ago, DosXX said:

It has predicted 4, not 25. You can't retroactively predict events with a statistical model and claim it as evidence of predictive power, that's classic overfitting. Even if Trump wins I doubt it's going to be with a landslide of that size.

See you tomorrow. 

If the news/polls end up being “kind of right” I think we get here after the thousands of court cases/appeals. PA could very well be red, but their ballot counting clusterfuck will likely turn it blue. I have a second, more optimistic map for Republicans, but there’s no way in hell I’d put money on it.

0DbjP.png

• Upvote 1
42 minutes ago, Seadogs said:

You guys believe MSM and the polls way too much. Guess their tactics are working though. On a military forum where many see combat, people think and want Biden to win. Now that is an interesting data point.

The interesting point is you questioning people on this forum’s service because they don’t share the same political opinion as you.  Or how military members/veterans are supposed to support Trump, you know, the guy who skirted service himself due to “bone spurs.” You also said “see you tomorrow” to someone else, assuming all the ballots will be counted immediately after tomorrow. Apparently you’ve never witnessed a Presidential Election where it takes some states days, and possibly weeks, after the close of the polls to count the voters depending on state law. For instance, Colorado state law says that ballots have to be in by 7pm (MST) tomorrow night once the polls close. However, if a voter was notified there was an issue with their ballot, they have up to eight days, nine days this year due to the eight day falling on Veteran’s Day, to correct their ballot to be counted. Many states don’t even allow counting of ballots until after the polls close.

https://www.npr.org/2020/11/01/930140373/fact-check-trump-falsely-claims-that-votes-shouldnt-be-counted-after-election-da

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1
3 hours ago, Kiloalpha said:

If the news/polls end up being “kind of right” I think we get here after the thousands of court cases/appeals. PA could very well be red, but their ballot counting clusterfuck will likely turn it blue. I have a second, more optimistic map for Republicans, but there’s no way in hell I’d put money on it.

0DbjP.png

If Trump wins the “Southern Route,” Pennsylvania is even more key. But much like your map I don’t see him winning Arizona, and I’m 50/50 if he’ll win Georgia or Florida, which if Biden wins one of the five “Southern Route” states, Trump is screwed. But we all know a state could flip at the last second. I think Florida is going to be just as contested as 2000 and that the SCOTUS is going to see another version Bush v. Gore.

• Upvote 1
18 minutes ago, Sua Sponte said:

The interesting point is you questioning people on this forum’s service because they don’t share the same political opinion as you.  Or how military members/veterans are supposed to support Trump, you know, the guy who skirted service himself due to “bone spurs.” You also said “see you tomorrow” to someone else, assuming all the ballots will be counted immediately after tomorrow. Apparently you’ve never witnessed a Presidential Election where it takes some states days, and possibly weeks, after the close of the polls to count the voters depending on state law. For instance, Colorado state law says that ballots have to be in by 7pm (MST) tomorrow night once the polls close. However, if a voter was notified there was an issue with their ballot, they have up to eight days, nine days this year due to the eight day falling on Veteran’s Day, to correct their ballot to be counted. Many states don’t even allow counting of ballots until after the polls close.

https://www.npr.org/2020/11/01/930140373/fact-check-trump-falsely-claims-that-votes-shouldnt-be-counted-after-election-da

Thanks for putting words in my mouth. Did I question anyone's service? Simply a data point in my opinion. Be offended though. Seems like that is what you are best at. 

4 hours ago, Seadogs said:

You guys believe MSM and the polls way too much. Guess their tactics are working though. On a military forum where many see combat, people think and want Biden to win. Now that is an interesting data point.

Agree, except: .  many see combat,  No, most do not see combat. On this forum, or in civilian life.

I agree with your point above. Interesting data point for sure.

4 hours ago, pcola said:

Some very good points made in this article.
TLDR: Biden winning tomorrow will be a silver lining for the conservative long game.

https://www.nationalreview.com/2020/11/republicans-choice-trump-or-2024/

Sent from my iPhone using Baseops Network mobile app

Always tough to predict the future. 

The article mentions some of the differences between then and now, but a huge one is how far left some mainstream portions of the democrat party already are. There is a risk of a lot of damage being done in only 4 years of a Harris administration with Joe Biden as President. 

Beyond that, is there even a Reagan waiting in the wings? He challenged Ford in the primary and was already establishing himself as a true conservative and leader. I don’t see anyone right now in the Republican Party that could be that person. 

Another item from that article that I personally think conservatives make a mistake on is having the pro-life/pro-choice debate be a cornerstone of their policy. Most younger conservatives I know are actually pro-choice, and I think many conservative leaning women sometimes get turned off by the heavy pro-life factions of the Republican Party. 

It will be interesting to see what happens today, or maybe in the next few days and weeks?

• Upvote 1
47 minutes ago, kaputt said:

Beyond that, is there even a Reagan waiting in the wings? He challenged Ford in the primary and was already establishing himself as a true conservative and leader. I don’t see anyone right now in the Republican Party that could be that person.

Crenshaw!

• Like 4
  • Upvote 3
13 hours ago, Sua Sponte said:

I don’t see how he was questioning anyone’s military service- giving him the benefit of the doubt it sounds like he’s just perplexed why military members would vote for Biden; especially since Biden was the VP during the gutting of the military during sequestration which cost many fellow aviator lives. Trump’s bone spurs? Don’t care..what conflict did Biden and Harris serve in? What conflict did Obama serve in? Trump’s policies have been very positive for the national defense of this country.  

Also most Biden supporters do realize he’s just filler right? His handlers will move him aside ASAP for Kamala who had 4% in the primary in terms of popularity.

• Like 1
8 hours ago, pcola said:

Some very good points made in this article.
TLDR: Biden winning tomorrow will be a silver lining for the conservative long game.

https://www.nationalreview.com/2020/11/republicans-choice-trump-or-2024/

Sent from my iPhone using Baseops Network mobile app

I have to disagree with that one. Republicans have made winning elections the goal instead of conservative policy. They might get a big win in 2024 is Biden wins today, but for what?

The hilarious irony is that Donald Trump, the great vulgarian, has accomplished more conservative policy goals than any Republican in the past 50 years. I really do wish there was a way to get that without the tweeting, the narcissism, or any of the other myriad character flaws he possesses. But there isn't. And Kamala, who has a decent chance at being president, publicly called for equality of outcome. No thanks.

1 hour ago, dream big said:

I don’t see how he was questioning anyone’s military service- giving him the benefit of the doubt it sounds like he’s just perplexed why military members would vote for Biden; especially since Biden was the VP during the gutting of the military during sequestration which cost many fellow aviator lives. Trump’s bone spurs? Don’t care..what conflict did Biden and Harris serve in? What conflict did Obama serve in? Trump’s policies have been very positive for the national defense of this country.  

Also most Biden supporters do realize he’s just filler right? His handlers will move him aside ASAP for Kamala who had 4% in the primary in terms of popularity.

Sequestration cost aviator lives? Go on. I’m sure having a minority woman as POTUS scares the shit out of you hilfuck Texas.

• Downvote 9
1 hour ago, dream big said:

he’s just perplexed why military members would vote for Biden

Just as many of us are perplexed at how military members could ever support such a monumentally incompetent commander in chief. No, I’m not going to waste my time writing a Medium essay here to outline all the reasons why I think Trump is a dumbass. I don’t care why you like Trump. I’m not going to vote for him because he’s a piece of shit human being, imho, and when invited to rise to the challenge of bringing America through a crisis he failed bigly, again, imho (feel free to disagree and think what you like). I like his Supreme Court justices, sure, so the Machiavelli in me is grateful for that I guess. I also like to own the libs every now and then, but 4 years of this has be ready for a different style. But to me character still matters. A lot. And comparing Biden to Trump.....there’s nothing redeeming for me about Trump. I want to be able to tell my grandkids that I never voted for that guy. 

Give me Crenshaw or Give me Death. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4
11 minutes ago, Homestar said:

Just as many of us are perplexed at how military members could ever support such a monumentally incompetent commander in chief. No, I’m not going to waste my time writing a Medium essay here to outline all the reasons why I think Trump is a dumbass. I don’t care why you like Trump. I’m not going to vote for him because he’s a piece of shit human being, imho, and when invited to rise to the challenge of bringing America through a crisis he failed bigly, again, imho (feel free to disagree and think what you like). I like his Supreme Court justices, sure, so the Machiavelli in me is grateful for that I guess. I also like to own the libs every now and then, but 4 years of this has be ready for a different style. But to me character still matters. A lot. And comparing Biden to Trump.....there’s nothing redeeming for me about Trump. I want to be able to tell my grandkids that I never voted for that guy. 

Give me Crenshaw or Give me Death. 

Don't let perfect be the enemy of good.

• Downvote 3