FY 14 Force Management Program (RIF, VSP, TERA)

AOF_ATC

Dudes, you just have to do the math backwards. This guy was Gen. Selva's exec at McChord when Selva was the wing king. He's one of Selva's boys. Just like the current CHS wing king is as well.

It ain't rocket surgery...

Chuck

Being a speech writer for the SECAF helped too.

Jesus Christ on a Crutch! They made him a wing commander?? this is one of the "leaders" I have referenced previously...terrible at the squadron and group levels...so move him up so he can shit on more people.

Rule #3: There is no justice.

He has only got more "awesome" with rank.

Jesus Christ on a Crutch! They made him a wing commander?? this is one of the "leaders" I have referenced previously...terrible at the squadron and group levels...so move him up so he can shit on more people.

Rule #3: There is no justice.

He was making people tuck in their flight suit zippers at the Deid. That was a fun 7 months...

I'm an '04 as well. That's the million dollar question that neither iteration of 13-130 has clarified. I'd like to believe the CSAF and Lt Gen Cox when they say they want to get us timely and accurate information so we can make informed decisions but, this is shaping up to be a debacle. You'd think AFPC has never run a clean VSP/RIF...

I called AFPC Separations Office today to try and get an answer. I mentioned that it wasn't answered in 13-130 and she said that she was not allowed to talk about that PSDM since it hadn't been officially released and that CC's should have never released it. She said it should be official any day now and then she would be able to answer questions about it. She also said "Just apply and see what happens" to which I told her was ridiculous and that they should be able to answer who was eligbile for what.

Serious question...does anybody have any clue why 13-130 hasn't been officially released yet? I'm thankful that some CC's thought it was important enough to get out to their people, but what the f--k is big blue's deal? So far, this whole RIF/VSP announcement has been an epic train wreck.

America's Air Force, no one comes close....to being this retarded

• Upvote 3

She said it should be official any day now and then she would be able to answer questions about it. She also said "Just apply and see what happens" to which I told her was ridiculous and that they should be able to answer who was eligbile for what.

Right because she will answer all questions once it becomes official....

My approach for anything related to the MPF or AFPC is to research and know the regulations for the program, and then apply, then force them to follow their own regs, as necessary (which generally isn't too frequent). My experience is that the knowledgeable and competent techs are generally too busy ensuring their duty section doesn't spontaneously combust from the rampant incompetence of their peers, so I am stuck with 3-level Airman Snuffy. Anyway, /rant.<br /><br />Sent from my HTC One X+ using Tapatalk<br /><br />
  • Upvote 1

I've been told that the Es were notified last week. Os could be notified tomorrow. Anyone else hearing the same thing?

NAF leadership telling people not to trust the 20 Dec matrix and just wait for the RIF list. The current state of confusion in the AF is comical...

I think it would help to have Gen Welsh send out a statement (in plain language and not some PA release speak) on the force management status. I know his intent was to give people enough info and time to make a decision, but it seems like the opposite has happened. Since A1 couldn't get it done maybe Gen Welsh can address the concerns/issues and provide the info to help us make informed decisions. We shouldn't have to rely on anonymous people on the internet to find out whether or not we are getting laid off (but seriously, thanks baseops.net).

I do believe this is another effect of AF promoting box-checkers/followers over performers/leaders. You see it in the way people perform or respond during a major event/crisis. The collective silence from AF leadership is deafening.

Just be honest, your people will respect you more.

Edited by PanchBarnes
  • Upvote 2

Serious question...does anybody have any clue why 13-130 hasn't been officially released yet? I'm thankful that some CC's thought it was important enough to get out to their people, but what the f--k is big blue's deal? So far, this whole RIF/VSP announcement has been an epic train wreck.

America's Air Force, no one comes close....to being this retarded

What's your hurry? It's not like the first VSP window opens in a week or anything.

This isn't congruent with the email leadership sent out Friday regarding eligibility rosters being held up pending "eligibility issues." That seems to indicate that VSP/RIF eligible personnel have not been identified as of yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I seem to be on the same path Pessimist, however there may be a glimmer of hope for me. I'm an 11M with an RPA training start date of Jan 13th and an expected Grad date of May 2nd. With minimal to lose I plan on talking with my SQ/CC as soon as I come off leave. Does anyone have any experience on when my duty AFSC will change and when I pick up a second AFSC of 11U?

Edited by FUEL

I had the same thought. However, I'll be done with training and report to my new assignment in about a month. I'd be interested to see if you can get any traction going that route, though.

Off topic, my projected AFSC is 18x not 11U. Does anyone know if that's just how they're doing things now or is it some kind of AFPC shenanigans?

I seem to be on the same path Pessimist, however there may be a glimmer of hope for me. I'm an 11M with an RPA training start date of Jan 13th and an expected Grad date of May 2nd. With minimal to lose I plan on talking with my SQ/CC as soon as I come off leave. Does anyone have any experience on when my duty AFSC will change and when I pick up a second AFSC of 11U?

I'm currently in an RPA squadron and we were told that pilots with a "core AFSC" other than 11U or 18X were still eligible for the various Force Management programs. So someone like me (2006 11M) could theoretically VSP or be RIF'd. I think that this is unlikely given our grave retention issues in this community, but you never know. Even more mind boggling is that the sensor operators lost their reenlistment bonus, and we already have an impossible time holding on to those guys.

I had the same thought. However, I'll be done with training and report to my new assignment in about a month. I'd be interested to see if you can get any traction going that route, though.

Off topic, my projected AFSC is 18x not 11U. Does anyone know if that's just how they're doing things now or is it some kind of AFPC shenanigans?

My DAFSC was changed to 18X according to vMPF, I think this is just how they do things.

.....Since A1 couldn't get it done maybe Gen Welsh can address the concerns/issues and provide the info to help us make informed decisions. We shouldn't have to rely on anonymous people on the internet to find out whether or not we are getting laid off (but seriously, thanks baseops.net).

I do believe this is another effect of AF promoting box-checkers/followers over performers/leaders. You see it in the way people perform or respond during a major event/crisis. The collective silence from AF leadership is deafening.

Just be honest, your people will respect you more.

Spot on PanchBarnes!

Sooo, all of us cynical mid to upper-level captains had a CC call with the AETC/CC today. The majority of the question and answer session focused on the force management programs being implemented and we actually had a senior leader admit to the fact that they are "learning as they go" with this one. I would have expected an answer better than that, but then again, this is the Air Force personnel system. Well the question was brought up about us pilots applying for VSP or getting RIF'ed. He stated that we are too valuable of a commodity and that only a very small percentage of us will be let go even if we showed as eligible on the matrix. He even said that wing commanders should also be denying any VSP requests from pilots, and our wing commander was sitting right in front of him when he said that, so there goes our chances. My understanding is that the VSP application can still go up, but chances are reduced of getting out if the WG/CC denies it. My question is why in the heck do we have to be told this now? Big Blue loves to play we have a little secret. Why could this not be mentioned on myPers? Furthermore, if we are a commodity, why the heck even put us as eligible on the matrix? Has anyone else heard about pilots not having a good shot at the VSP?

I guess it is good that we find this out now before we show our cards and get hosed over for the rest of our time in the AF.

To tell you the honest to God truth, though, the best (and most accurate) information about this Charlie Foxtrot force management program has been found on these forums and not by our leadership. Keep the information rolling guys!

Edited by Cornholio5

A buddy plans to eagerly apply for VSP and leave by July but I told him that he can't do that because the program still doesn't officially exist and therefore the money may be fake.

I told him don't bother trying to get any info from the Total Force Service Center (@ Randolph). They "can't" talk about PSDM 13-130 (or 13-131) until it's been officially released "to the field" (aka, 99% of those who are actually affected).

I can't believe the rep actually asked how I got a copy of 13-130 and when I told him I got it in Dec after it rolled out of a SAF org box, he claimed that it should have never been released to everyone until Air Staff said it was okay to release it "to the field". I guess SAF must have missed their own memo because the SAF email I saw was sent out to a list that probably included all the munchkins from the land of Oz.

Anyways, with the vow of silence going on at the TFSC regarding PSDMs 13-130 & 13-131, I guess blogs are the only way to get info that doesn't officially exist at the TFSC until the information everyone has already read is allowed to exist at the TFSC. My guess is the info will be allowed to officially exist at 11:59 pm on 13 Jan, and that's an optimistic date.