All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Lord Ratner

Music

I need some song suggestions for a morning alarm clock. I have an unnecessarily complicated morning automation to wake up our 14 month old, and it ends by playing a song randomly selected from a list. But I need more songs to add to the list. And ideally something a little less... assertive than this, which is the alarm I use on my phone:
  3. It’s this or pay attention to Daniel Tiger. Though I think that show would give as good a ground intelligence summary as two hacks telling us Ukraine is done for and all the worlds ills are the fault of the west and NATO. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  4. Because I'm aggressively defending a position I believe in that happens to be contrary to yours, you continue to flail and search for a reason to dismiss, in this case, calling me a "troll." Real original. But I do thank you for recognizing that my position is sophisticated and nuanced. Keep working at it, and you, too, may have one one day as well. I had no idea that podcast existed until you started bitching about it. It isn't my favorite, but I do appreciate the introduction. I'll probably keep listening. Nothing piques my interest more than someone attempting to discourage me from watching, listening, reading something they disagree with. What is it with you and Tucker? You've brought him up a half dozen times when no one else has. It's weird. I haven't listened to Rogan in a couple week so I hadn't realized he was on. You realize what I'm going to do now, right? LOL For months you've been obsessing over him. My reply to you back in August:
  5. Today
  6. It’s not surprising, each of their communities did what anyone would do - expel the garbage to somewhere else ASAP. And smartly they sent them to AU where they can have the least impact. Related note, I’m still undecided who’s the most useless - AU or the ATF.
  7. Yesterday
  8. Lawman

CCW Choice

I can assure you even empty a full frame plastic pistol will effectively pistol-whip somebody if that’s what you’re down to. Polymers don’t quick give the way an eye socket does. And the barrel is great for an in hand smash grip. Doesn’t feel as natural as a full frame metal or revolver, but it’s still way harder than your fist. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  9. No we all get it you’re a troll. You just like to be a more sophisticated one than our regular troll. I just like pointing out the dubious guests and theories by your new favorite podcast to champion because anybody taking your advise to give service to them is gonna waste their time figuring that out first hand. It’s like watching you defend Tucker as still being needed to be listened too seriously. That’s a Rogan episode you can definitely skip. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  10. What is the alternative? Do we leave the Pacific except for remaining in Guam? What position does that put our allies in the Pacific in vis a vis an ever growing China? If we leave the Pacific we will resign our status as a Global Super Power that has sustained the current International Order and acknowledge a bipolar or multipolar world. Is it in our nations best interest to do so? In Ukraine, do we give up and allow Russia to take it? If we did nothing at the start isn’t that akin to Neville Chamberlain and Hitler? I’d argue each nation with interests has its own agency in the matter and is acting in accordance with what it believes to be its own best interests. John Mearsheimer 101. It’s a zero sum game — it’s all about power and security. Both domestically and internationally. You could make an argument that we are already at a low level of or run up to Word War currently with Ukraine and Russia, Israel and Hamas, Iran and Israel and the Houthis. The only powder keg that hasn’t kicked off yet is in the Pacific. But, it could easily. Imagine a scenario like the P-3 colliding with a PLA aircraft in today’s geopolitical landscape. I think the best case scenario is a rapid realization that we have deliberately set up our military to be sized for a war in one theater and deterring in another. We did that because we were still the leading superpower. We are facing a challenge that calls into question our ability to win with our current force structure given the problems around the world. Whether our politicians are marching us steadily towards wider conflict isn’t as important as whether or not our politicians are equipping us to win that conflict and if we will have the political will to see that conflict through. If we are successful we delay or defeat the pattern of Great Powers not remaining Great Powers. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  11. Flev

CCW Choice

I have a full-size and more compact option depending on what clothing I wear or what situation I'm in. The full-size is a Sig P320 M18 model because I'm clearly a glutton for punishment. The other handgun I occasionally use is an M&P Shield 1.0. The truth is its harder to stay proficient with a small handgun like the shield, so I find myself more comfortable with the P320.
  12. brabus

CCW Choice

One more thing to snag on clothing or dig into your body, especially considering many carry with the hammer back. My opinion is simple is better, especially in high stress situations, which is why striker fired is generally better suited for most people. But, all training and personal pref as you said, so totally support people carrying whatever they want - just train and maintain proficiency.
  13. That's what I've been trying to say. One bad podcast or bit of propaganda doesn't mean they're all bad. 😄 Let's not throw the baby out with the bathwater.
  14. Actually this is incredibly true. One C-17 lands at Peter O Knight, and they’re all guilty by association for landing at the wrong airport. Same with B-1 pilots and landing gear up. Can’t trust any of them.
  15. I've only listened to one. I'll listen to the other one you recommended in the morning. If it's decent, I may add it to my favorites. OAN? I don't think "watching the news" is still a thing anymore. At least among serious people. You seem like the kind of guy that watches AFN to stay informed, and maybe flirts with Rachael Maddow every now and then. How many times do I have to tell you that yeah... some of it might be bad info. Some of it might not be. Haven't you realized I'm impervious to bullshit. After all, I've been reading yours for a few pages now. So far, I've provoked responses from you consisting of several thousand words and you've had the courage to mention two, count them, two... incidents or examples of Russian propaganda. MH17 and Syrian chemical weapons or whatever. Even then, you don't seem to be able to articulate anything resembling an original thought. If we were to calculate the ratio of your original critical thinking assessments of actual events and news pertaining to the topic of this thread to the amount of words written, it would be exactly zero. For a guy that talks a lot, you don't have much to contribute. What's your pronouns?
  16. As opposed to a Glock with no safety? and a steel 1911 makes a fine blunt implement if you run out of BBs. Plastic guns don’t.
  17. I don't know how you guys have the energy
  18. Man 1398 more podcasts before you can exercise any level of critical thinking on the nature of its content… how will you have time to keep up with all the breaking news on OAN. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  19. So if a pilot from "x" community crashes an airplane for something stupid, now all pilots from that community can't be trusted to fly? Similarly, if you had a CC from community "x" who was a dirtbag, now all ppl from that community are considered trash?
  20. The 3 bobs on the command team are pilots, according to the SOS website.
  21. I just got a Sig Rattler LT with the 6.75" barrel. Haven't got it dressed up yet, and I'm still on the fence between keeping it a pistol or getting an NFA stamp for better stock options. Hopefully the court cases work out to beat back the SBR rules a bit. That Ruger looks sick.
  22. I like a carry gun to be as sleek as possible, minimize the things that can catch on clothing. I don't like single/double actions either. I used to think it was great when I primarily shot a SIG P229, but since moving to striker-fired (always single action) I've been converted. That's something I do like about a 1911, every trigger pull is the same force. External safeties are (in my opinion) for guns I don't want to unload/unchamber between uses. Trap shooting, hunting, etc. For a carry gun it's just something that can be in the wrong position and hinder a stressful and time sensitive use. If the gun is out of the holster that means it's time to shoot. Same theory behind carrying one in the chamber. Of course that means any holster must have complete trigger coverage, but that's pretty normal. Hair trigger: You're right, what I really was meaning to say is that the pull distance is so short. I like there to be some movement in the trigger since with a carry gun there are many scenarios where your finger is on the trigger but not firing. Obviously that's my preference, I don't think it's unsafe for a trained and competent shooter to carry a 1911, I just think most people carry them because they are cool (they are) or it's what they are used to, when there are much better options. Again, 1911 use in Mil/LEO is practically zero for a reason.
  23. Opportunity is limited to Airmen with requisite skills in IT and cyber. More likely facing the economy of losing IT & cyber talent to the free market than embracing specialization. Bombs Away LeMay axed the WO program due to change in public law establishing the SNCO corps. "The approval was also economical, using E-8 and E-9s to fill superintendent positions was significantly less expensive than utilizing warrant officers to perform similar duties, the introduction did not Eliminate WOs, just their procurement." https://www.afmc.af.mil/News/Article-Display/Article/3735263/flashback-return-of-the-in-betweener/
  24. Official WH. They corrected it after being mocked on twitter.
  25. "four more years. pause" this fucking guy "are you ready to choose freedom over democracy!!!"
  1. Load more activity