Baseops Forums

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. That's not the definition of racism. But yes, the second and third order effects of overwhelmingly-liberal policies are exactly to blame for the disparate outcomes between the races in America. Will they ever see that? Nope. Double down and just keep doing what doesn't work.
  3. Today
  4. M2

Gun Talk

ADMIN NOTE: The video and discussion concerning the police shooting paintballs at people on their front porch has been moved to the 'WTF? (**NSFW**) thread...
  5. Sim

WTF? (**NSFW**)

....Diversity and Inclusion Task force!?!
  6. tac airlifter

Gun Talk

I assume you aren't talking about the lady narrating the video wearing jeans and a grey top; you must be referring the teenager wearing a black Jersey that was shot. Yup, fucking vandal for sure. He should have known to watch YouTube and dress the opposite of rioters, whatever that is. Definitely deserved it. I’m sure now he’ll grow up respecting cops.
  7. herkbum

Gun Talk

The video itself. They are wearing all black, to include hoodies and stocking caps. Just like a majority of individuals in the videos rioting in the city. Sent from my iPhone using Baseops Network mobile app
  8. Do the CMSgt of the AF comment's make anyone else feel uneasy? It's not the content of the message that worries me, although there are some points I disagree with, but its a military member openly commenting on what in many respects is a political issue and using the uniform as a vector for that message.
  9. tac airlifter

Gun Talk

You keep saying ‘dressed a certain way.’ Aside from being irrelevant, it appears factually untrue from different angles. Evidence for your claim? As to common sense, if the police had any we might not be in this situation...
  10. uhhello

Gun Talk

Quibbling. There is zero justification or legality for homeboy to roll down your street and shoot at you with ANYTHING for not obeying an order issued less than 15 seconds from being shouted out. I would have had the exact same reaction as the people filming.
  11. herkbum

Gun Talk

Agree, but if a mob of people have been reeking havoc on your city and they have been dressed in a certain way, then I’m probably going to wear something that looks nothing like it. I don’t care where I’m standing. A little common sense goes a long way. Sent from my iPhone using Baseops Network mobile app
  12. Correct Huggy, steel toes are not approved for flight in the AF, and I think Navy required it only if you had ops on carrier flight decks. (It’s been a long long time since NAS Corpus Christi though!)
  13. I just broke out a pair of new-old-stock Addisons that I've been hoarding for like 15 years so I can get out of the "warbird-pilot-athletic-shoes-and-flight-suit" club.
  14. Got it, I didn't get the full picture of what you were saying with respect to the retired dudes being management pilots at the airlines.
  15. waveshaper

Gun Talk

That's what it looks like^^^(If this is the video?): "Light 'em up!" Tanya Kerssen video: National Guard, Minneapolis Police Department porch shooting"
  16. “I’m a white guy” - good for you? Systematic racism means that the system is inherently racist, it means that we have laws that are racist. Can you point me to a single law that allows discrimination based on skin color? I.e, being black. Racism isn’t a problem unique to white people or Americans. We should welcome peaceful protest and dialogue, from all sides. Rioters and looters deserve to be thrown in jail and I’m glad we have a President with the galls to address it and take action. -Not a white guy
  17. tac airlifter

Gun Talk

I’ll dress how I please and stand on my porch how I please. Shooting taxpayers/property owners is a great way to lose community support. That’s after letting rioters run rampant for 3 days. good news: heavy handed police tactics will make firearms ownership more prevalent and acceptable. I want everyone who can legally be armed to be armed.
  18. RASH

Gun Talk

Paintballs/beanbags maybe? Sent from my iPad using Baseops Network mobile app
  19. herkbum

Gun Talk

Maybe it was because they look like they were dressed similar to many of the rioters and it doesn’t look like they were following the cops commands. But I honestly have no idea. Lots of folks on edge. Sent from my iPhone using Baseops Network mobile app
  20. I seem to recall the Navy's flight boots had steel toes... but the AF didn't allow steel toes in theirs. Am I remembering that right?
  21. Did I I just see a cop shoot at people standing on their porch? Tell me there’s more to this I’m not seeing...
  22. It mainly stems from the older management types that had been out of the military for quite a while, who still think the ANG/AFRES are flying clubs. One of them didn't believe me when I told him how many times I've deployed as a Guardsman. Hell, we still occasionally deal with this type of shit from AD folks, when we're deployed. In all fairness, the only reason I knew about the ANG was because I asked my high school guidance counselor what paid the best for college. He handed me a ANG pamphlet and said there is a Fighter Wing 1.5 hours north and they paid 100% tuition. Best thing that ever happened to me.
  23. Yesterday
  24. I’m just waiting for general Chang to jump in. I miss his quips and trolling.
  25. Well said! Go crush it. I will read those articles. Thanks all for the discourse.
  26. I didn’t call anyone liberal. Just the ideaology that “it’s not my fault for my actions, it’s others faults and society and anyone but me” a liberal ideology. So Im glad you addressed it. But you failed to realize you took the leap of assumptions instead of reading and questioning if in doubt. High moral ground when I make statements like what? Not sure I followed your post on that. Ok. I get what you are saying that you think I am claiming superiority in my quick retorts. They are intended to show how the statement they follow doesn’t make sense in logical processes. They are meant as a challenge for you to explain and build because the reader and logic does not follow. I have a hard time following the argument based of FLEA’s premise because I don’t agree with it. Could you base your argument elsewhere? I agree with the point if you haven’t walked a mile in someone’s shoes that you could be and likely are ignorant. Ignorant not being a bad word but a description of a state of mind and possible realization when lacking something in a shared experience. And I don’t agree that certain people in certain life situations have it more difficult or easier for that matter. That doesn’t excuse crime. And there are variations in the legal system for willing crime and unwilling or lesser extent than active participant crime. No one is ignoring anything. But your broad brush statement of it is more difficult for people of color just isn’t a uniform statement and can’t be applied uniformly across color. I’m glad that you are willing to stay away from personal attacks and discuss. Might I suggest that high moral ground and assumptions of name calling or politicking fall under that. I agree with your final point. Education and discourse keep the mind sharp and moving forward. That’s how we get past this stuff together. Founding fathers largely didn’t agree but they crafted a country unlike any other in existence. We live in the best country known to man ever.
  27. Sim

WTF? (**NSFW**)

Not excusing the cop, but going full on "if I had a son, he would be...." is not exactly wise either.
  1. Load more activity