Mustache

Guest JArcher00

Guest Rusty Pipes

I'm sure I'll piss off a bunch of dudes with this... but deployment mustaches are pretty gay. I wish we had a Robin Olds out there today... all we have now are a bunch of McPeaks!!!

Guest Flyin' AF Hawaiian
There were Japanese, Slovak, and Afghan studs in that class??

shocker.jpg

Cheers! M2

I wouldn't be too surprised. I was in 09-10 at Columbus before coming to Corpus, and we had dudes from Japan, Uruguay, Bolivia, and the Phillipines. Columbus also got one of the first Iraqi studs not too long ago. And yeah, that patch was freakin' awesome.

There were Japanese, Slovak, and Afghan studs in that class??

shocker.jpg

Cheers! M2

That's amazing. They didn't want to approve VN 09-13's patch because the wings on it were half navy half air force. This would never even be considered at Vance.

That's amazing. They didn't want to approve VN 09-13's patch because the wings on it were half navy half air force. This would never even be considered at Vance.

At CAFB it has to go through the "Class commander" then OG, then MEO, then Wg/CC or CV. The original saying was something like "Shockin the Tacos around the world" but MEO had a problem with the word "Tacos" because it (and i'm not making this up) "might offend people of latin descent." So basically, as soon as leadership found out what the symbology meant they had to take them off and wear the OSS patch and the leather nametags. I'm not in the class, so it's 3rd-4th hand story telling, but I'm fairly sure that's about what happened. I do know that those patches were worn for at least a month before anyone figured it out...that was some funny shit seeing those things floating around.

At CAFB it has to go through the "Class commander" then OG, then MEO, then Wg/CC or CV. The original saying was something like "Shockin the Tacos around the world" but MEO had a problem with the word "Tacos" because it (and i'm not making this up) "might offend people of latin descent." So basically, as soon as leadership found out what the symbology meant they had to take them off and wear the OSS patch and the leather nametags. I'm not in the class, so it's 3rd-4th hand story telling, but I'm fairly sure that's about what happened. I do know that those patches were worn for at least a month before anyone figured it out...that was some funny shit seeing those things floating around.

Since when does MEO get a say in what goes on class patches? :rainbow: Heaven forbid we offend somebody! Guess I better take mine off, too...might offend the jihadists!

post-6706-1235690881_thumb.jpg

I won't mind doing it on deployments or in March for that matter. But lately the mustache is getting out of hand. I witnessed a "Mustache Movemeber" back in November. It was a bit of a stretch.

The only two times a mustache is acceptable, outside deployments, is "Mustache March" and "Sex-offender September".

They didn't want to approve VN 09-13's patch because the wings on it were half navy half air force. This would never even be considered at Vance.

It must all go through the standard changes that changes to leadership brings. Our patch had half/half wings and it even had God on there...the -38 guys had issue with the naked "Adam" though...in the original he was just wearing a helmet and had an yellow checklist across his junk, but the final one had him in a flight suit.

Since when does MEO get a say in what goes on class patches? :rainbow: Heaven forbid we offend somebody! Guess I better take mine off, too...might offend the jihadists!

That's just the start. Here was our chain:

Flt/CC

Sq/CC

OG/CCE

OG/CV

OG/CC

MEO

JAG

WG/CCE

WG/CV

WG/CC

I have a staff summary sheet around here somewhere to prove it. Where will the :rainbow: end?

I have a staff summary sheet around here somewhere to prove it. Where will the :rainbow: end?

Never...my vote is that all classes do that one patch where is just says "XX-XX Class Patch"...black with white letters....run that through the wickets, but make up your own unofficial one and that's what you get on your beer mugs, whatever.

Is anyone zapping all the staff cars at "mandatory fun" functions anymore? It may have been cheesy, but I loved that stuff.

Guest CrewDawg1
Never...my vote is that all classes do that one patch where is just says "XX-XX Class Patch"...black with white letters....run that through the wickets, but make up your own unofficial one and that's what you get on your beer mugs, whatever.

My buddies class did the "intentionally left blank" with their class number on it after they had numerous patches turned down. My class had our patch altered and then approved.....so we each got 3 of the approved patches and about 15 of the unapproved. We wore the unapproved patch from day one and noone ever said a word. We had so many turned down that one of my classmates drew up a patch, with two pink care bares sitting on a cloud with rainbows all around with the words "kinder, gentler"....more as a joke, but it was quickly squashed. Wish I could find a pictures....it was funny and oh so true!

Edited by CrewDawg1

So my wife says if it going to be Mustache March for me than it will be Celibacy March for her(us). To which I say "Well we all have to make sacrifices". Anyone else (Beside my buddies whose wives talk to my wife) in a similar situation??

So my wife says if it going to be Mustache March for me than it will be Celibacy March for her(us). To which I say "Well we all have to make sacrifices". Anyone else (Beside my buddies whose wives talk to my wife) in a similar situation??

Bummer dude. My wifey kinda digs the idea, or so she claims. But no matter, the real issue at hand here is that you CANNOT back down. No self-respecting pilot should be denied his right to participate in this fine tradition! :rock:

Regarding my class's patch...

1) Yes, we had two Japanese studs, one Slovak and the first Afghan to receive training here in the States. All were really good dudes. There were definitely cultural issues with the Afghan, but he's motivated and works hard. The Slovak and he are ALP studs and should be out of here in a couple months.

2) The original patch was as pictured in the link, but it had "one taco at a time" on a second line. Obvious double entendre, right? We submitted it up the chain and MEO disapproved it because it could be considered offensive to hispanics (no mention of the world's 3 billion women). So we removed that line, resubmitted and... shazzam. Approved! We wore it for a few months and eventually the jig was up. Word came down quickly that we were to remove it under threat of LOR. My SRO got reamed for it. We submitted another patch (donkey punch theme), had that shot down and were subsequently assigned a patch... a gray square with our class number in the middle in black... 3" on all sides. We'll be wearing that proudly until we graduate.

But mustaches! The majority of my class will be rocking a 'stache for the month... some better than others, of course.

Edited by Ill Destructor

I'm glad I'm not alone. My wife pulled the same.

I'm with you dude. But like our esteemed colleague said, don't back down! I won't give into threaths and intimidation in the marriage. That's my job (joke).