Track Selects and Assignment Nights

Guest oliwoody

5 hours ago, Arkbird said:

It's the Growler. Dudes go to B course with the Navy and learn to fly the EA-18 then report to the 390th Electronic Combat Squadron at Whidbey. You do a tour with them then transition to an AF airframe. From what I've heard it's because we don't have the EF-111 anymore and this is our last dedicated attack/electronic warfare platform and to bring some of the skills to other platforms. You also don't do any carrier stuff. I've heard from some Air Force guys saying it's a good gig and my Navy friends love the Growler. 

How do you deploy if you don’t do the carrier?

The irony is Im reading all of this while taking a pretty mean Growler. 

• Haha 4

• 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

Columbus 24-10

C-130H - CTANG

C-130J - Keesler (AFR)

C-130J x 2 - Dyess

MC-130J x 2 - Kirtland

KC-135 - McConnell 

KC-135 - March

U-28 - Hurlburt

C-17 - McGuire 

C-5M - Dover

T-6 FAIP

Edited by dumpster flyer

1 hour ago, Standby said:

I thought these things were going away?

My dated data was that the last initial qual would be sometime in 26 and last upgrade early 27 (I think). That is assuming all OA-1K replacement stays on timeline, numbers, etc

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, dumpster flyer said:

Columbus 24-10

C-130H - CTANG

C-130J - Keesler (AFR)

C-130J x 2 - Dyess

MC-130J x 2 - Kirtland

KC-135 - McConnell 

KC-135 - March

U-28 - Hurlburt

C-17 - McGuire 

C-5M - Dover

T-6 FAIP

Only 12 in your class?  I think we started with 50.

What is the possibility of dropping B-1's out of T-1's? I am of the understanding that it has been done before and it possible, though extremely rare. How has the career of those who did this pan out? 

55 minutes ago, H_G said:

What is the possibility of dropping B-1's out of T-1's? I am of the understanding that it has been done before and it possible, though extremely rare. How has the career of those who did this pan out? 

Girl in my class FAIP'd to T-1s (her husband was a couple classes ahead of us and FAIP'd T-6s), they were both T-1 students.  They both tracked B-1s after their FAIP tour was over.  Both made major, she was an IDE in-residence select but decided to separate at the end of her commitment.  

11 hours ago, H_G said:

I've been at UPT for about the past year now and I haven't seen anyone get B-1's between T-1's and 38's. I'm not sure the Air Force is giving any out to new pilots. I have seen T-1 students go to the B-52 recently though. 

Posted (edited)

You don't pick the Bone, the Bone picks you.  

Edited by Biff_T
Spelling bee failure

19 hours ago, H_G said:

Zero. The recent B-1s were T-1 FAIPs.

• Upvote 1