Aviation Continuation Pay (ACP - The Bonus)

Toro

9 hours ago, flyusaf83 said:

What kind of ADSC does that encur?

3 years...unless I'm mistaken it is to be given out any time after the 8 year time in service mark for those that opt into BRS...doubt they give pilots free money but I guess there is a chance...

11 hours ago, Jaded said:

Can we rename this thread, "I'm not staying in, but does anyone know if the Air Force is going to give me more money before I leave?"

I see what he's saying. But ya never going to happen. If you opt into BRS as a pilot they will just wait and offer you the BRS continuation and the pilot retention bonus at the same time...that's not a bad chunk of change though.

1 hour ago, daynightindicator said:

Stop-loss an option for Air Force to stem pilots' departure to airlines
http://www.stripes.com/1.462909

I'll just leave this here...

Sent from my iPhone using Baseops Network Forums

of course the Air Force is going to play this card...its all they got.  Why gives us a bonus at all honestly just force us to stay in...should fix everything

1 hour ago, daynightindicator said:

And I love how they will use this stop loss option at the table with the airlines to threaten them and force them to play ball...screwing us all over in the process.  I love feeling like a piece of property

• Upvote 2

Stop Loss seems like a really easy way to convince anyone sitting on the fence to leave at their earliest opportunity.  Incredibly short sighted and just plain stupid--and therefore an exceedingly likely possibility.

• Upvote 5

RUN!!!! Fucking RUN!!!!  Don't give these ass clowns one extra month of your lives! They haven't earned the loyalty and effort of the caliber of people they "lead".  Management is so out of touch that they think a bonus is the solution (which, even with the bonus, is a drop in the bucket compared to even second year airline pay, not to mention quality of life which is priceless).  Until they start genuinely CARING ABOUT THE PEOPLE, I will advise anyone that will listen to GTFO immediately if not sooner.

• Upvote 1

Just a feeling on my part, but I believe the natural retention rate is around 45% when you have normal economic conditions and airline hiring.  That it was above 60% for the past 15 years is the anomaly, not the low retention now.  Unless you're adding another zero on to the bonus, whatever they come up with won't move the needle more than a percent or two.

Maybe HAF should start figuring out what they can and can't do with 45% retention, and plan accordingly.

54 minutes ago, Prozac said:

Stop Loss seems like a really easy way to convince anyone sitting on the fence to leave at their earliest opportunity.  Incredibly short sighted and just plain stupid--and therefore an exceedingly likely possibility.

As someone alluded to above. This was a shot across the bow to the airlines pure and simple. I think the higher ups have decided the "fence" has been effectively bulldozed over and they've given up on any pretext of keeping most in at this point. Also as I mentioned a while back even if you're out you aren't completely out if you haven't resigned your commission. Even if you attempt to resign I'd say it's a crapshoot they'd accept it as things get more dire.

Edited by fire4effect
spellun

I love hearing how much Air Force leadership wants to take care their people in one breath.  Then in the next one, they go to the airlines and threaten them to not hire us, go to the FAA and get them to change regulations so we are less competitive with civilian pilots for jobs, and talk about stop loss.

Then they talk to us about how important integrity is.

• Upvote 4

Some good gems in there like this:

“If I don’t have pilots to fly, the enemy has a vote, and if I can’t put warheads on foreheads, then (ISIS) is winning,”

Buzzword, buzzword, buzzword. Mike drop

Guest No2bonus

AF leadership has lost their damn minds. Thanks again everyone for telling me NOT to take the bonus.

Maybe leadership will realize we need maintainers too, because planes don't fix themselves. At this rate, maintenance is going to turn into contracted maintenance.

Guest No2bonus
4 minutes ago, MechGov said:

Some good gems in there like this:

“If I don’t have pilots to fly, the enemy has a vote, and if I can’t put warheads on foreheads, then (ISIS) is winning,”

Buzzword, buzzword, buzzword. Mike drop

Former SecDef Gates had a point. We paid a ton of money for the latest and greatest flying toys to fight insurgents, terrorists, Taliban, and ISIS with million dollar weaponry. Essentially wearing iron out when we could have employed smaller and less costly aircraft.

5 minutes ago, No2bonus said:

Former SecDef Gates had a point. We paid a ton of money for the latest and greatest flying toys to fight insurgents, terrorists, Taliban, and ISIS with million dollar weaponry. Essentially wearing iron out when we could have employed smaller and less costly aircraft.

Was Gates for a light attack? I thought he was only interested in buying more Preds.

Meanwhile.... Where is the voluntary rated recall program? That's another tool they could use right now, but are not, as far as I know? True that most would not be interested, but some would be, and every body counts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, No2bonus said:

AF leadership has lost their damn minds. Thanks again everyone for telling me NOT to take the bonus.

Maybe leadership will realize we need maintainers too, because planes don't fix themselves. At this rate, maintenance is going to turn into contracted maintenance.

No way; the AF will do what has worked thus far and make the rated folks fix their own planes.  And they'll commission a contractor for a web based portal that provides the oversight...

• Upvote 1

Guest No2bonus
12 minutes ago, LookieRookie said:

Was Gates for a light attack? I thought he was only interested in buying more Preds.

Gates was the reason for the MC-12. He is the reason why the F-22 pipeline was killed. Kind of  had disdain for the AF in general. There was talk of pairing the MC-12 with the AT-6. One plane finds the targets, the other plane kills them.