Wednesday at 02:16 PM2 days https://www.reuters.com/world/middle-east/diverted-flydubai-flight-israel-was-not-hijacking-incident-israeli-prime-2026-09-30/Whether truly a terrorism-plot and hijacking, or just a couple of middle eastern pilots doing middle eastern things, this is why I hate it when forced to fly on some of these airlines. Glad the cabin crew and some pax got it under control and safely diverted. Crazy.
Wednesday at 07:17 PM2 days Oldest beef in the world, Tastes Great vs Less Filling. Classic.Glad some crew got in there and some pax pilots got it on the ground, minus a rudder and all.
Wednesday at 09:28 PM2 days Only reason they didn't all die was because pilot was able to unlock the door. Crazy
Wednesday at 11:00 PM1 day Captain Smit Machchhar, Indian national, stabbed by the Omani First Officer. Israel is already claiming it was terrorism, which might be a bit early to jump to that conclusion vs suicide. But I'm sure more info will come out as time passes.Crazy:"Hayun then described putting the attacker in a chokehold and pulling him outside of the cockpit before other passengers helped to pin him down.He added that he "pulled the controls" of the plane, explaining to Netanyahu that he watches Canadian documentary series Air Crash Investigation. "The plane started to level out, a bit more, and then [another] pilot told me he was taking control from there."https://www.bbc.com/news/articles/cqjdv7pmj9dno
Wednesday at 11:37 PM1 day 4 hours ago, disgruntledemployee said:Oldest beef in the world, Tastes Great vs Less Filling. Classic.Glad some crew got in there and some pax pilots got it on the ground, minus a rudder and all.B-52 - "Hold my beer."
Yesterday at 02:53 PM1 day During my contracting days, I flew out of Dubai numerous times, flew on Emirates directly to DFW. One time I was the only American on the jet except for the cabin crew, who were Scottish, and the Capt and FO were British. Maybe those airlines should look at you guys looking for jobs.
Yesterday at 03:30 PM1 day Author They are much worse to fly for than the big US carriers (work rules, schedule, you have to live/commute internationally to a shithole, etc.) There’s always some westerners willing to do it, but there’s a reason the vast majority won’t touch it.
Yesterday at 07:38 PM1 day Author I still remember way back in interview prep, on a group video call for mock interviews, and a Raptor guy eventually says he’d just have to beat the CA unconscious and take the plane. The face/reaction of the HR chick running the mock interview was absolutely hilarious. Ummm sir, have you thought about bribing him with a steak dinner?
10 hours ago10 hr On 10/1/2026 at 2:25 AM, RegularJoe said:Captain was probably meowing on guardIf true, he deserved to die. 20 hours ago, brabus said:They are much worse to fly for than the big US carriers...My rule of thumb as a passenger: If I cannot drink the tap water in a particular country, I avoid flying on their airlines.
7 hours ago7 hr 3 hours ago, HuggyU2 said:My rule of thumb as a passenger: If I cannot drink the tap water in a particular country, I avoid flying on their airlines.So what do you do if you're flying through Detroit?
54 minutes ago54 min Author 6 hours ago, FourFans said:So what do you do if you're flying through Detroit?Bottled water only, plate carrier on, helmet within reach.
Create an account or sign in to comment