Music

wikz

I was listening to some, kind of old school but not really, rock while doing homework tonight and It made me wonder what some of your guys' music taste is. I am looking to broaden my music preferences and understand the culture (what typical mil pilots would listen to). I am sure y'all have some exceptional gems that I haven't heard of yet. so, what was a repeat song of yours while serving/ flying or now?

I know this kind of relates to "things to listen to while drunk on BO", but I can't possibly see myself drunk posting on a forum to people I dont know about music. no disrespect intended Biff, keep doing you brother. 😁

this one of the songs ive been listening to that really kicks me into gear. 

Edited by wikz

12 hours ago, wikz said:

but I can't possibly see myself drunk posting on a forum to people I dont know about music. no disrespect intended Biff, keep doing you brother. 😁

None taking.

You don't have to be drunk posting the "Things you should listen to drunk".  That's what I listen to sober as well.  

Scorpions are fucking awesome!!!!

41 minutes ago, SurelySerious said:

To Mr. Astley.  Never gonna give you up.  

@wikz may be too young for a rick roll.  

Edited by Biff_T
Spelling bee failure

A few classics.

Song that my Dad doesn't listen to. 

Edited by Biff_T
Afterthought
  • Like 1

The greatest band in human history off of one of their epic albums. So many great tunes, starting in 1973 through the late 70's, but this is one of my favorites. I realize the 70's also ushered in disco, so not everything was good back then.

It must be being in my 40s or something, or I was just sick of playing the same old music (average guitarist here) but I’ve been doing a deep dive of the blues.

Started when Jeff Beck passed on, led to discovering Beth Hart and Joe Bonamassa (among many others)

Lots of good blues artists out there besides the standard names and besides these two but here’s some of their best together.

I’d Rather Go Blind

I’ll Take Care of You

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

On 2/15/2024 at 6:31 AM, Biff_T said:

A few classics.

Song that my Dad doesn't listen to. 

rambling' Gamblin man was pretty good. 

led zeppelin is a classic but I haven't listened to much of them. 

in regards to inner sanctum, I think that was the heaviest heavy metal ive ever heard lol.

• Like 1

On 2/15/2024 at 10:43 AM, bfargin said:

The greatest band in human history off of one of their epic albums. So many great tunes, starting in 1973 through the late 70's, but this is one of my favorites. I realize the 70's also ushered in disco, so not everything was good back then.

this one was interesting. Ive never really heard this style of music in any of the more contemporary popular songs. it was good though. 

Some of my best music memories in the AF involved drinking: Got stuck in Maputo, Mozmbique once. Too dangerous to go downtown, so we stayed at the Hilton on the beach playing poker in the bar with about 10lbs of their local currency coins ($5). Someone broke out into "Sweet Caroline" and both crews +support drunkenly joined in.

Ice storm in St. John's NF over New Year's. Spent a lot of time in O'Reilly's Irish Pub and another down the street. Crews learned all the audience callbacks for "Big Strong Man" and the performers loved playing it for us. Also, "Whiskey in the jar" (Irish version) and a few other drinking songs.

Knowing Jimmy Buffett when his music comes on during a TDY/Deployment should be mandatory.

Listening to Suicidal Tendencies via patch cord over IRQ/AFG was always fun.

• Like 1

On 2/16/2024 at 3:21 PM, ViperMan said:

A badass band. Lead singer was a previous AF dude. Don't know what he did offhand. Many of there songs deserve a listen at 11.

that was pretty good. I love the chorus when it goes like "higher, higher."

19 hours ago, wikz said:

Danzig and John Mayer don't belong on the same page.   John Mayer plays bitch music.  😆 

19 hours ago, wikz said:

definitely a head bobber. 

Like a Thai whore.  

4 hours ago, Biff_T said:

Danzig and John Mayer don't belong on the same page.   John Mayer plays bitch music.  😆 

Like a Thai whore.  

Okay, compared to Danzig, yes ofc its bitch music, but amazing songs when you got a female on your mind. 

Your telling me that you're not a fan of John Mayer??

Edited by wikz