FU Military Retirees

ClearedHot

6 hours ago, dream big said:

Not to overlook the injustices here…but why would a retiree retire in..Turkey?

Because they got stuck trying to Space A around Eroupe and couldn't make it home lol.  

• Haha 1

And on the topic of military retirees living on overseas bases does anyone remember the homeless guy living on Ramstein? The rumor was he was a Colonel who lost his wife and kind of fell off the deep end?
I cannot vouch for the story but I actually did see the guy on base pushing around a shopping cart full of cans and other detritus, I wonder how he managed to fly under the radar living on an overseas Air Base. 

1 hour ago, HeyEng said:

And on the topic of military retirees living on overseas bases does anyone remember the homeless guy living on Ramstein? The rumor was he was a Colonel who lost his wife and kind of fell off the deep end?
I cannot vouch for the story but I actually did see the guy on base pushing around a shopping cart full of cans and other detritus, I wonder how he managed to fly under the radar living on an overseas Air Base. 

This was the guy that was big news around MRA circles a few years ago.

Big-D single shot kill criteria (don't mean Dallas).

Hadn't heard of a similar case ivo Ramstein.

46 minutes ago, BFM this said:

This was the guy that was big news around MRA circles a few years ago.

Big-D single shot kill criteria (don't mean Dallas).

Hadn't heard of a similar case ivo Ramstein.

The guy at Ramstein was much older (or looked older, living on the street can do that to you) with white hair and beard.

29 minutes ago, HeyEng said:

The guy at Ramstein was much older (or looked older, living on the street can do that to you) with white hair and beard.

Sounds like a wizard.  It could have just been a transient old guard boom operator or something of the like.  He couldn’t find his crew and they left him in the system.  Lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
9 hours ago, General Chang said:

This is a necessary money move.  Retirees can deal with it instead of acting like spoiled brats.

Spoiled brats…who earned the benefits promised to them.  It’s not unreasonable for there to be some rancor if the deal is changed.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

On 7/8/2023 at 9:14 AM, General Chang said:

This is a necessary money move.  Retirees can deal with it instead of acting like spoiled brats.

Care to explain how this was a "necessary money move?!?"

The retirees keep dinging people's cars on the 1st of the month at the BX.  This means airmen have to take time off of their busy days to get those door dings fixed.  Its causing a lot of problems, especially in Turkey.  

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

This is what us retirees should start doing in the Turkey Commissary before I have to Space A back home and tell my wife I retired 5 years ago.   Lol

https://youtu.be/etF6XqtMFD8

Edit:  We can set up a tour for all of the Commissaries..... Worldwide.  

I swear that there's a different midget car for all of the retirees on BO.   Lol

Edited by Biff_T
Afterthought

On 6/17/2023 at 6:35 AM, HeyEng said:

So they can ensconce themselves in leather, head to toe from Pop’s!

download(9).jpeg.88bf87a54ab701052ffd02d582e13308.jpeg

On 7/9/2023 at 10:07 AM, M2 said:

Care to explain how this was a "necessary money move?!?"

We are dumping everything feasible to the side to modernize our fleet.  Trimming “anywhere and everywhere” is the mantra here at the PP.  Retirees overseas know the drill.  Their choice to live where they live.  We need to trim the fat faster.  Certainly would be easier if we had term limits and we could close excess bases here in the States, but Congress won’t allow it.  So we trim the fat.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1