Upcoming Boards

If anyone's going to be in Klamath Falls tomorrow night and wants to grab dinner and a beer let me know - I should be getting in sometime between 7-8. Otherwise if anyone has any recommendations I'm all ears!

Pease ANGB in New Hampshire is having a Rated and Non-Rated board in March. Paperwork due in Feb. Link:

https://www.157arw.ang.af.mil/Units/157th-Operations-Group/133rd-Air-Refueling-Squadron/

Pilot hiring link at the bottom. Just left AD and have been a part timer for 2 months now. Great unit with great people. Candidate will go directly to the KC-46. No Tanker experience required.  UPT age waivers possible, but not guaranteed. PM me if interested and I’ll get you in touch with the POC. Cheers. 

4 hours ago, N730 said:

Is anyone else going to Boise for the interviews this weekend? I get in on Thursday if anyone wants to meet up for a beer!

I'll be there Thursday around 1300L.  Congrats on the interview!  I'd be willing to meet up with ya.  Message me for the details.

3 hours ago, PrivateFighterPilotLicense said:

Oh sh!t Boise just had a board? I didn't see it on Bogidope, do you have to contact them directly to get board info? 

Yeah, packages were due back in October.  I only found out by asking the 190th personally when their next boards would be held.  Shared the info with my fellow interviewees during the 107th FS boards but did not post it on here as I had not used this site before.  When all else fails, never be afraid to just call the squadron and ask!!! 😀

6 hours ago, N730 said:

Is anyone else going to Boise for the interviews this weekend? I get in on Thursday if anyone wants to meet up for a beer!

I'll be landing in the early afternoon on Thursday, but I may not be available Thursday night. Shoot me a message and we'll figure it out.

Gents - I am planning to do a Palace Front and already looking at units I am interested in applying (West Coast).  Story short,  did not get an AD Pilot slot so I pursuing Guard/Reserve because... of course I want to fly!

Awesome! If you haven’t already, I’d start a “What are my chances” thread. You can get some good advice there too!

Check bogidope for upcoming boards too! Fresno and Oregon both have packets due at the beginning of February.

Sent from my iPhone using Baseops Network mobile app

2 minutes ago, N730 said:

Awesome! If you haven’t already, I’d start a “What are my chances” thread. You can get some good advice there too!

Check bogidope for upcoming boards too! Fresno and Oregon both have packets due at the beginning of February.

Copy. I will look into the thread.  I am already looking into the Bogidope website (it's dope = straight shooter; no pun intended). Long story short, pursuit for AD UPT slot did not pan out this year despite my UPT-worthy scores, but oh well.  I have my PPL so that's a plus and some AD experience.  

Sounds like Fresno and Oregon will be holding their boards on the same weekend. Oregon on March 2 - 3, with two rounds of interviews (1st round Saturday, second round Sunday). Fresno on the 3rd. Massachusetts will have their social on the 1st as well. Interesting... 

Is it just me or do reserve units seem to hire less? There's a couple I really have my eye on but i haven't seen much from them. Do they do things a little different? One unit told me they wouldn't be hiring for a couple years which seemed quite odd

I doubt you'd be able to update your application during that window, although someone with experience can correct me if I'm wrong. But for sure you could mention it during the interview if you completed your PPL, got an additional rating, doubled your flying hours etc.

EDIT: Looks like I was wrong (not surprising hah). Good to know.

Edited by donkey

You can always email the unit and tell them you’d like to update it if possible if a certain milestone is met. Can’t hurt. I wouldn’t email them after every flight hour you fly, but a ppl vs no ppl is a big deal. They may just say got it thanks and annotate it, or have you submit a copy of it, or not respond at all. I’ve heard/seen updates done (or not) various ways. 

2 hours ago, Hokie540 said:

If I were to get more flight hours or complete my PPL in the time period between a package submission deadline and a hypothetical interview date, am I able to update it with the units I’m applying to? Or am I locked into what I submitted?

I was able to update mine when I hit a milestone. Went from 78 to 81 hours which got me the extra points. It was my unit that was hiring and I knew them already which may have helped but I would definitely try. Worst they can do is say no.

Edited by Kylrs

Has anyone had issues with the contact email for Tampa (63 ARS) as posted on bogidope? I've tried sending twice, including manually typing out the address once, and have received "address not found" auto-replies.

To those that want to become a fighter pilot, the 121st Fighter Squadron, DC ANG, out of Andrews AFB, is hiring for UPT. Check out the Careers section on our website for more information (link posted below). Application deadline is 31 March. If you have any questions, feel free to PM me. Tentative UPT Board will be in May. Best of luck to all. 

https://www.113wg.ang.af.mil/Resources/Careers/

Cheers,

Holster

• Upvote 1

I got picked up to fly A-10s with the 303rd Fighter Squadron at Whiteman AFB last year. I spoke with the hiring manager and they have far fewer applicants this year than they had last year so if you’re looking to get in an A-10, the odds are better than they were for me so send in your applications!

Applications are due April 15th and the board is in June. There won’t be any official meet and greets but feel free to try to visit during the April or May UTA. 

303fshiring@gmail.com

https://bogidope.com/job-listings/303rd-fighter-squadron-0

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Kylrs said:

I got picked up to fly A-10s with the 303rd Fighter Squadron at Whiteman AFB last year. I spoke with the hiring manager and they have far fewer applicants this year than they had last year so if you’re looking to get in an A-10, the odds are better than they were for me so send in your applications!

Applications are due April 15th and the board is in June. There won’t be any official meet and greets but feel free to try to visit during the April or May UTA. 

303fshiring@gmail.com

https://bogidope.com/job-listings/303rd-fighter-squadron-0

Just curious as I noticed the application page on bogidope. Is it an immediate disqualification to not have a PPL? I won't be able to start working on mine until May, but I am just curious how it works out. Also, is it difficult to get active orders there? I did some time at Whiteman and would love to go back, but it's tough to walk away from a active duty when I am the only one who makes money.