Shaw AFB Capt Missing

vsu8992

Wonder if he has PME done, his last three OPRs were stratified and his PT scores are acceptable-- everything else is forgivable...

If they find him at night, he'd better have his reflective belt on, that's all I can say...

K

Edited by Colokent

On 1/14/2014 at 5:34 PM, M2 said:

This looks like a mug shot...

140109-F-1596W-002.jpg

Of course, most ID card pictures do; but who gets one taken wearing their t-shirt?!?

I was thinking the same thing when I saw the picture today. I wonder if it was something big or if this just made a smaller case against him worse. I'm interested in the true story as well, which I'm sure we will hear about sometime soon.

Wonder if he has PME done, his last three OPRs were stratified and his PT scores are acceptable-- everything else is forgivable...

If they find him at night, he'd better have his reflective belt on, that's all I can say...

K

Thread derail...

Out of curiosity, how is that different than when you were in and in charge? Without SOS by correspondence and online Masters, how did you guys rack and stack people? Did you guys have to use Lotus 1-2-3?

Thread derail? Well, if it was, it wasn't the first in this thread... In reply to your question, no different (retired last fall...reserves)-- I was being sarcastic. Basically, my way of saying that I believe we are focused on many of the wrong things in the AF these days.

I told folks that PME was not particularly relevant-- except as a negative discriminator if you didnt do it. I agree that's not very motivating, but unless we get rid of our "up or out" system, and let people "hang out doing their thing" for 20+ years, people are going to have to do the Masters and PME thing-- if they want to progress and be around to continue to bestow their "brilliance/coolness" on the AF.

Edited by Colokent

Thread derail? Well, if it was, it wasn't the first in this thread... In reply to your question, no different (retired last fall...reserves)-- I was being sarcastic. Basically, my way of saying that I believe we are focused on many of the wrong things in the AF these days.

I told folks that PME was not particularly relevant-- except as a negative discriminator if you didnt do it. I agree that's not very motivating, but unless we get rid of our "up or out" system, and let people "hang out doing their thing" for 20+ years, people are going to have to do the Masters and PME thing-- if they want to progress and be around to continue to bestow their "brilliance/coolness" on the AF.

I agree we are focused on the wrong things in developing/promoting Airmen nowadays that's why I was curious how things were done in your days. Didn't realize you just retired last Fall. I wanted to know if leadership by spreadsheet was common 10, 20, or 30 years ago.

Thanks for the response.

Edited by PanchBarnes

• 3 weeks later...

“Robby [may be] a member of...the Air Force family”, however AF family members "seen purchasing large amounts of alcohol" (read: a 6-pack +) when they are actually supposed to be at work cause they learned to use LeaveWeb from Gen Schmidt get fooked.

It was a good run, Robbie. You don't strike me a much of a marathon runner, so good luck to you. This is not going to go well for you.

Bendy

• Upvote 1

Reminds me of the Cannon Lt that took off for a couple weeks...whatever happened to that guy?

The Lt surrendered, was found guilty at court-martial of AWOL and sentenced to over a year in confinement and was discharged with a BCD. Court martial results are releasable to the public. We should do a better job putting out what happened than we do.

The Lt surrendered, was found guilty at court-martial of AWOL and sentenced to over a year in confinement and was discharged with a BCD. Court martial results are releasable to the public. We should do a better job putting out what happened than we do.

Some bases do a good job, others not so much.

Good, dude was scum bag through commissioning and we all wondered why he was allowed to stay in.

Care to elaborate?

Thought he was too good to play the game, not get his Sq mates hammered for doing stupid stuff. Fair disclosure - I noticed he was rolled back after a few weeks and thought "Wow.. that sucks." Talked to his Sq mates and he was not liked. Got more stories of dumb training stuff just making life worse than it already had to be in that environment.

Class mates thought he'd get kicked out, but like Lt. Cohen, was pushed/allowed through for some reason.

Thought he was too good to play the game, not get his Sq mates hammered for doing stupid stuff. Fair disclosure - I noticed he was rolled back after a few weeks and thought "Wow.. that sucks." Talked to his Sq mates and he was not liked. Got more stories of dumb training stuff just making life worse than it already had to be in that environment.

Class mates thought he'd get kicked out, but like Lt. Cohen, was pushed/allowed through for some reason.

Fucking Navs

• Upvote 1