In this thread... IFR in Pea Soup...

PolyestherDuck

And of course the Hawg has the canopy up.

Ehh wash it out with a hose, let it dry over night, should be FMC for the first go of the day right? Now the LGPOS in the bottom pic might as well send that to the boneyard.

Edited by Fuzz
  • Upvote 1

This happened in CHS a couple years ago. The hangar was empty at the time. The foam was blowing all over the ramp after the doors were cracked. Pictures were up on Facebook so quickly that "leadership" had to send an e-mail telling people that photos of the flight-line were verboten unless approved through PA.

This happened in CHS a couple years ago. The hangar was empty at the time. The foam was blowing all over the ramp after the doors were cracked. Pictures were up on Facebook so quickly that "leadership" had to send an e-mail telling people that photos of the flight-line were verboten unless approved through PA.

CHS... Was the gear down?

Edited by Dead Last
  • Upvote 1

Had a jet catch on fire in a hanger that I was cranking up at Holloman and set the fire suppression system off. The foam fuzed the ceramic brakes together and they had to replace 'em.

Me to crew chief "cranking the apu". Crew chief: "roger". Funny noise. Cc "HOLY SHIT YOU ARE ON FIRE". Me "that's not good". Big cloud of black smoke goes by the open canopy. No more conversation as I was unhooked from the jet and over the side into about 6 feet of foam. I was surprised by the amount of foam in less than 30 seconds. Unlike the video, it was a pressurized system that jetted out the side of the hanger. Did make a call to ground that jet in hanger xx was on fire. Their response was "say that again?". I suppose I spoke too fast......

We were briefed earlier this year when it happened at Osan that the cost of these systems going off on accident and damaging jets has exceeded the cost of jets saved due to these systems. We had a couple of jets down for a few weeks - I can't remember what exactly was damaged by the foam.

Hangar wasn't empty but unlike the radome the gear does appear to be down

c-17-charleston-afb-2011.jpg