No Flight Suits

Installations will use their organizational O&M-type funds to obtain required special uniforms (e.g., desert BDUs, flight suits, and other TA 016 uniforms which are not included as regularly issued uniforms which are paid by individuals from clothing allowance), as directed by their commanders or other competent authority. These uniforms and the matching stripes and accouterments are “optional items directed wear.” ... This is applicable to officers and enlisted."

Interesting. So the way I read this, they don't have to provide flight suits, but if they don't you need to get a clothing allowance to buy ABUs?

Interesting. So the way I read this, they don't have to provide flight suits, but if they don't you need to get a clothing allowance to buy ABUs?

You need to be given enough flight suits to accomplish your job, nothing more. While the TA "authorizes" 2 per year or six months or something along those lines, it does not mean that when budgets are running tight that your commander is obligated to provide you with anything more than required to accomplish the mission. Notice the "as directed by their commanders or other competent authority" piece.

I believe everyone already gets a clothing allowance for ABUs. Enlisted get one each year and officers get it once at their first duty station.

No clothing allowance for enlisted in the Guard or Reserve. We would have to get ABUse issued provided there's funding for them. Not sure about the Officers in the Guard since there's no clothing sales on Guard bases.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

No clothing allowance for enlisted in the Guard or Reserve. We would have to get ABUse issued provided there's funding for them. Not sure about the Officers in the Guard since there's no clothing sales on Guard bases.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

No clothing allowance for Officers in the Guard either (aside from a one time $400 for your mess dress). When we need new flight suits we just have Life Support order them. I have never been issued ABUs and don't own any. As far as I know, if we want a pair, we would just swing by supply and grab a pair. As eng said, no clothing sales on our base, the nearest one is 2-2.5 hours away...makes it a real pain when you lose your hat!

Edited by SocialD

You need to be given enough flight suits to accomplish your job, nothing more. While the TA "authorizes" 2 per year or six months or something along those lines, it does not mean that when budgets are running tight that your commander is obligated to provide you with anything more than required to accomplish the mission. Notice the "as directed by their commanders or other competent authority" piece.

Who the fuck needs more than two a year? What in the world are you doing in your flight suit? Based on the total number of flight suits I have received, I would estimate I've received one for every two years I've been in service.

I believe everyone already gets a clothing allowance for ABUs. Enlisted get one each year and officers get it once at their first duty station.

An allowance is recurring - something given once is a credit.

While I don't disagree that they may, it really depends. I know dudes that have 6-9 flightsuits, not sure they need two new ones EVERY year.

Maybe not if they're just flying the flagpole all year, but if they spend much time TDY every year hauling trash they might. You're right, though, getting two new ones EVERY year is probably a stretch. I, for one, haven't picked up a new flight suit in at least two years. Maybe longer.

• Upvote 1

I like the LtCol's and civilians that are still wearing the flight suits they had as Captains. When they gain weight-and they do-thier flight suits barely cover the tops of their boots. Looks awesome.

I like the LtCol's and civilians that are still wearing the flight suits they had as Captains. When they gain weight-and they do-thier flight suits barely cover the tops of their boots. Looks awesome.

I think that's a prerequisite to get a job with LSI

• Upvote 1

4 quarts?

Edited by SocialD

Why would you say that...? Something's can't be unseen.

Beauty's in the eyes of the beholder........ or something like that

I couldn't find her in a flight suit but here's her wedding pic

1284620490.jpg