Gunman kills 6, injures others in Sikh temple in Wisconsin

Vno

Holy crap. That place is a few miles from my house!

Edit - yup that is the place I was thinking of. I drive by there on my way to work every day. 6 miles from my house. Yikes!

Why would anyone have a problem with Sikhs?!

Edited by spaceman

Holy crap. That place is a few miles from my house!

Edit - yup that is the place I was thinking of. I drive by there on my way to work every day. 6 miles from my house. Yikes!

Why would anyone have a problem with Sikhs?!

Idiots who mistake them for muslims.

I see you've jumped to the same conclusion that every news network jumped to.

Are you denying there are people who confuse Sikhs and Muslims? Are you denying people have a problem with Muslims?

Did I say this shooter was one of those people? No. I answered his questions as to "who has a problem with Sikhs".

BTW, the ATF's preliminary assessment is it's domestic terrorism and the shooter is ex military.

Are you denying there are people who confuse Sikhs and Muslims? Are you denying people have a problem with Muslims?

Did I say this shooter was one of those people?

Dude, chill. You don't have to fly off the handle with the "DID YOU ORDER THE CODE RED? ...I WANT THE TRUTH!" response.

No. I answered his questions as to "who has a problem with Sikhs".

Are you denying that his real question was who would do such a thing and you responded with the same answer every news network was postulating?

Yes, you did. Big deal.

And on top of all that, this really ######s up my commute

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Edited to add:

http://www.jsonline.com/news/crime/reports-of-people-shot-at-sikh-temple-in-oak-creek-qc6cgc0-165059506.html

Says here the shooter was a 40-something year old Army vet. I also saw in a different article one of his neighboors described him as some kind of skinhead/white supremacist.

Edited by spaceman

Also:

http://www.jsonline....-165115836.html

Sources familiar with the Oak Creek temple shooting investigation identified the shooter as Wade Michael Page, 40.

According to the sources, he served in the Army for several years and was assigned to psychological operations, or PsyOps. He is no longer in the Army.

CBS News is reporting that Page served in the Army in the 1990s and was attached to a psychological operations unit. He was given a less-than-honorable discharge from the Army in October 2008, according to CBS.

---------------------

Are you denying that his real question was who would do such a thing and you responded with the same answer every news network was postulating?

On that note:

http://www.jsonline....-165122006.html

Two members of the Sikh community were talking to the international media Monday morning outside the Oak Creek Sikh temple. They are brother and sister, and their uncle Satwant Singh Kaleka, president of the Oak Creek temple, was killed in Sunday's attack.

Kanwardeep Singh Kaleka and his sister, Simran Kaleka, came out to talk to the media because Kanwardeep Kaleka said, "We want to make sure people get the message - we are not terrorists. This has to stop."

"I will see to it that there is more of a presence of the Sikh community in Milwaukee so people know more about us, whether it is in the curriculum in schools or we are at soup kitchens," he said. "Now people see a turban and they make an assumption about us. That has to change."

Still not clear though if the shooter actually thought this way. Given that he was Army psy-ops you'd think he would know the difference, but who knows.

Edited by spaceman

Looks like he got out in 1998.

So it's not like he can claim hating Muslims from getting blown up/shot at on his many deployments to OIF/OEF.

Seems like some of the most anti-Muslim people I've encountered have never even been in the military

If the Sikh dude/sister's response is really "we're going to get more involved with the community" so that people get a better understanding of their people, well wow. Good on them for having such a level headed and well intentioned response, they are truly better human beings than me.

• Upvote 1

If the Sikh dude/sister's response is really "we're going to get more involved with the community" so that people get a better understanding of their people, well wow. Good on them for having such a level headed and well intentioned response, they are truly better human beings than me.

Pretty sure Sikhs are pacifist and preach peace and harmony and what not. That's what makes this even worse. Who the hell could ever have had a problem with a Sikh?!?! Absolutely pitiful.

Pretty sure Sikhs are pacifist and preach peace and harmony and what not. That's what makes this even worse. Who the hell could ever have had a problem with a Sikh?!?! Absolutely pitiful.

Well the perpetrator isn't exactly the definition of a stand up guy, he probably isn't educated enough to even realize what religious group his victims were affiliated with.

Wade-Michael-Page-001.jpg

wade-michael-page.jpeg

120806113200-page-myspace-story-top.jpg

sikh-temple-massacre-suspect-wade-michael-page-was-white-supremacist.jpg

Looks like an absolute POS.

Heroes of Oak Creek

Edited by Vno

With all this bad stuff occuring take a minute to reflect on some recent positives.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/07/27/random-acts-of-kindness-believe-in-the-human-race_n_1680813.html?ref=topbar&utm_hp_ref=fb&src=sp&comm_ref=false#slide=1262143

Thinking and praying for all those injured and killed as a result of this hateful act...

Actually they are really good soldiers: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sikh_Regiment http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/world/india/rgt-sikh.htm

• Upvote 1