Bye bye demo teams (A-10, F-15E, F-16)

This is olds news!

Everyone has knows since back in Dec, just before the ICAS conference.....all the solo's teams except F-22 are cancelled.

The screwed up thing is that they are still allowing the demo jets to go to airshows when participating in a Heritage Flight, but they won't fly their single ship profile, so all of the normal XC expenses are still being spent.

Cheers,

Cap-10

The level of buffoonery at ACC that was involved in this decision is staggering. Granted, they think they are saving some cash.

Too bad they didn't ask any of the Demo Teams to weigh in on where the "supposed savings" would be. Had they done that, they certainly would have left them alone.

The level of buffoonery at ACC that was involved in this decision is staggering. Granted, they think they are saving some cash.

Too bad they didn't ask any of the Demo Teams to weigh in on where the "supposed savings" would be. Had they done that, they certainly would have left them alone.

Awww, c'mon Huggy -- you've been around long enough to know that it doesn't matter a lick what the actual impact of a certain decision is, it only matters how that decision looks.

I can go both ways on this (STS). There are pros and cons. The demo dudes were a lot more down to earth than the t-chicks and it was nice seeing something other than a Viper all the time. If these demo teams have to go, TIB should as well.

• Upvote 1

There are pros and cons.

Let's hear some pros to cutting the demo teams, then.

The demo dudes were a lot more down to earth than the t-chicks...

Do you know (past or present) anyone on the Thunderbirds? Everyone I've known on the team has been just fine. Some better than others, but all that I've known are folks I enjoy spending time with.

Edited by Huggyu2
  • Upvote 1