The Mother of all CGOCs

ThreeHoler

• 1 month later...

Just got this gem blasted to me from the CGO All distro email......3000 hrs of "professional development"......ugh......and planning for a conference that will probably get cancelled again...sweet!

CGOs,

It’s time for our 1Q12 announcements! We are continuing to expand the information that we provide in our newsletters—we hope you find it useful!

In the first quarter of 2012, our councils:

- Logged almost 3,000 hrs of professional development

- Logged more than 3,000 hrs of community service

- Raised $17,000 for charity

- Participated in almost 200 Base Support activities

- Involved more than 2300 CGOs in social and networking opportunities

*CGOC of the Quarter* – Congratulations to the 1st Quarter 2012 CGOC of the Quarter, Dyess AFB CGOC!! Competition was very tough again this quarter and it is evident that so many of our councils are doing so much to help improve the lives and careers of their fellow CGOs and the community around them! If you have a minute, you can read through Dyess’s quarterly activity report on our Announcements page <http://www.afcgoc.org/content/afcgoc-announcements> .

*AFCGOC Newsletter* – The 1Q12 Newsletter is out! Check out the highlights of council activities from around the world, read about some common mistakes CGOCs encounter and ways to avoid them, get a fantastic leadership lesson from the EUROCGOC Advisor, read some inside stories and tips from CGOs around the globe, find out what the AFCGOC is working on for its members and more!! Read it here <http://afcgocnew.nfshost.com/sites/default/files/2012%201Q%20Newsletter%20(20120530%20-%20FINAL).pdf> .

*CGO Professional Development Conference Request for Proposals* – We will have a data call going out in the next couple weeks requesting proposals for hosts of the 2013 CGO Professional Development Conference. This is a large event that requires a dedicated team and a willingness to work hard and learn a lot of great things! Start gauging the interest at your base so you’re prepared for the call. Base Commander endorsement will also be required, so plan ahead! Check out previous conference agendas and conference info for some ideas—here <http://www.afcgoc.org/content/conference> (scroll to the bottom)!!

*Farewell* – Today is my last official day as a CGO, so you will be seeing some emails about position changes within the AFCGOC coming out very soon. Thank you so much for all the support over the years (read the newsletter for more on that)!

Holy shit, they use a lot of exclamation points in their emails!!!!!!!!!!!

I can hear the excitement in their typing-voice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just got this gem blasted to me from the CGO All distro email......3000 hrs of "professional development"......ugh......and planning for a conference that will probably get cancelled again...sweet!

I wonder if that guy is going to set up a FGOC now?

• 2 weeks later...

Buckets of self-importance found here. Leadership advice from Lts, and a "good idea" of starting an FTAC for officers. Pure brilliance.

I remember realizing that this organization existed on the base I think when I was a senior captain. I cannot really explain why it took me that long to comprehend that it existed. I haven't really thought about it since, until this thread. Looking at that link, it appears pretty rough - on the verge of unbelievable. I've never been to a meeting, so maybe my initial flinch is a bit harsh. Reminds me of Arnold Air Society.

At the risk of sounding even more naive and disregarding the self-identifying one-off transgressions that have been admitted thusfar on this forum, do aircrew partake in this organization?

• 4 weeks later...

The hits keep on coming....

It's worldwide!

Fellow CGOs,

On behalf of the 380 EFSS, you are invited to participate in the annual

Ramadan Games as honored guests of our Host Nation counterparts. The

two-week sports and recreation competition includes both team and individual

events, but even if you don't compete, you are encouraged to fill the

sidelines to cheer on your peers and coworkers! Please see the email below

for information, and contact any one of our Fitness superstars with signups

or questions.

As always, we appreciate your continued support and hope to see you out

there!

Who's in!?!?

The two-week sports and recreation competition includes both team and individual

events

1) Do people have to take leave to participate in this?

2) If not, why the hell not?? I have to take leave just to have enough time to write a paper or take a stupid f*cking test for my worthless master's degree...

3) An EFSS has time to participate in a 2 week fun and games exchange?

Fitness superstars

Ugh...