Lack of Flight Discipline

stract

When I was in college we went by a simple system. Every girl was either a -1 or a +1. If at the end of the year you had a negative score you were doing something wrong. We literally had fights breakout about if a girl was a -1 or a +1.

But someone who railed 5 hotties and 5 notties would get a score of 0, the same as someone who achieved zero penetration that year. If you don't get laid for a year that counts as "doing something wrong".*

*Married dudes on 365s excluded of course.

It would have to be more than just a message. There has to be accountability. As long as one dude thinks he can get ahead by doing a Master's early; as long as one commander racks and stacks by PME/AAD completion date; this will continue.

In that vein, word on the street is changes are coming to AMC's GRACC program that will require co-rockets to be secondary dutiless for the first six months after IQT. One can only hope.

Our "official" guidance is that newly-CMR dudes have a year without a duty...what they actually get is about a week.

Our "official" guidance is that newly-CMR dudes have a year without a duty...what they actually get is about a week.

LOL

Classic.

So after four years of college you ended up with your current screen name. Copy all.

Good one. I am still in the positive numbers though.

So today was another down day, at least at KHRT for more training that had already been given 6-9X in the last 2 months of family/safety/wingman/resiliency days.

My lack of "Flight Discipline" is due to not getting to actually fly. Days that I don't have to come into work rule, but days that there is no flying and I have to spend the majority of my day listening to briefings that I've already heard that month and can't get ahead of queep are better spent sick.

Said days are perfect days to take leave.

Especially since safety days have this amazing tendency to fall on Friday or Monday, inviting the 3 day weekend.

"But it's a required meeting!"

Uh, ok - please just hand me the 1522 so I can sign.

• Upvote 1

The briefing that the AFCENT/CC gave on this topic was recorded and is now shown to all aircrew members during in-processing, at least at a certain base in the AOR.

I have gotten ass-chewings in person before, but never "virtually".

Barrel roll.

Supposedly, the only reason anyone knows about it is because one of the goats in the back recorded it, but then left the device that he recorded it with on the plane and MX found it. When they were going through it to find out who to return it to, they found the video.

Whoops.

• Upvote 1

Good thing they ran it up the chain right away. One team one fight. Or something.

Oh come on now.

Besides ops limits, your average MX dude doesn't know jack about what kind of maneuvers you do. Even if he knows a little, he sure as hell doesn't know what's allowed/not allowed. He knows his job, just like he should...just like you know your job, yet don't know the proper procedure to change a tire or service a hydraulic strut.

Someone "in the know" (probably a supervisor in Ops) was probably shown the video in an effort to help find the owner of the camera. You can't get honked at MX just because some young dude tried to do the right thing and return that camera.

• Upvote 1

Supposedly, the only reason anyone knows about it is because one of the goats in the back recorded it, but then left the device that he recorded it with on the plane

YGTBFSM

So the video was taken by a fucking trunk monkey? Do they do stupid shit like that all the time? Were they doing that because they were uncomfortable with what the pilots were doing but didn't feel they had a voice and instead decided to go with the Bradly Manning/Wiki Leaks approach?

Or worse, were they in full "cool, do some of that pilot shit Mav!" approval mode and just thought it would be awesome to make a video that they would later lose control of and take the decision on how to handle this out of the local commander's hands?

UFB

Yeah, that's exactly how it went. 75_75.gif

Not the first time I've heard of this happening, though not to this extent. Plenty of times where conversations about a pilot and "the cool shit he does" is overheard by the wrong person, and all of a sudden there's a guy standing in front of the Man getting his ass handed to him. Sometimes people need to STFU.... about as frequently as pilots need to have a "dumb shit" detector in proper calibration.