You Hack, We Shoot: Pentagon Discusses Armed Counterstrikes To Cyberattacks

ClearedHot

This is an absolutely appropriate response. People need to know we will not tolerate any malicious action taken against us.

This is an absolutely appropriate response. People need to know we will not tolerate any malicious action taken against us.

While I agree for attacks we can prove came from another government or state-sponsored agency, who do you shoot when someone like anonymous or lulzsec hacks critical infrastructure and does real damage?

While I agree for attacks we can prove came from another government or state-sponsored agency, who do you shoot when someone like anonymous or lulzsec hacks critical infrastructure and does real damage?

Same response and let God sort 'em out.

You're joking, right...? Take a looksy at their IADS and tell me how much tac airlifting you'll be doing?

He'll be tac airlifting in survey teams to check out the effectiveness of our nukes. I might be breaking OpSec, but ICBM > IADS

Good. Let's get it over with.

Inevitrable

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Check out our valiant Air Force cyber warrior pictured in the article...in a hoodie.

2011-08-03t040749z_01_btre7720bhd00_rtroptp_3_usa-cyberwar.grid-6x2.jpg

Don't be hatin' the hoodie, yo.

special-ops-dog-hoodie-zack-zoey-1.jpg

52238598.png

us_special_forces_tshirt-p2359449185167013905ndo_400.jpg

Hahaha, nice hoodies Rainman!

Last year at the AFSPC WEPTAC, one of the new network operations squadron commanders spoke about how things were going. The line I remember most was something like "we've got a shit ton of mountain dew cans and pop-tarts laying around, but the operators are achieving some great things."

A lot of these guys were recruited from couches and lazy-boys from around the country, but they are doing some good shit. I would highly recommend that everyone try and get in on a secret or TS cyber warfare brief if you have the chance.

The line between domains is fading quickly.

A lot of these guys were recruited from couches and lazy-boys from around the country, but they are doing some good shit. I would highly recommend that everyone try and get in on a secret or TS cyber warfare brief if you have the chance.

2 :beer:

"we've got a shit ton of mountain dew cans and pop-tarts laying around, but the operators are achieving some great things."

This. Also, I'm fairly sure they aren't the first nerds in the AF.

Doing S word now and see all the people file through the cyber courses. They're different. I don't care how they do what they do, I just don't want our stuff showing up in our enemies' inventories. Even better if we get on and stay on the offense.

post-2124-0-45723700-1312407447_thumb.jp

From Vanity Fair http://www.vanityfair.com/culture/features/2011/09/chinese-hacking-201109

Pollet says the victims knew that something strange was going on because they kept getting locked out of their e-mail accounts for no apparent reason. But the Adversary stayed under the radar by making an ingeniously malevolent move: taking control of the companies’ virtual I.T. help desks, impersonating their I.T. help-desk staff, and answering employees’ service complaints themselves. “Attackers want to be a parasite, want to make sure the host is happy,” says Pollet. “So if they know the help desk is going to get overwhelmed with complaints, they decide, ‘Let’s just solve these problems ourselves.’ ”

So, if you're help desk suddenly starts being helpful...you've been hacked. :bash: