CSAR in OEF

stract

On the third attempt, Pedro 84 was just feet from the ground when they started taking fire again, according Major Bryant. At that point, one of the Apaches performed a buttonhook back toward them and began engaging enemy targets.

"It split the formation, firing rockets and guns," said Captain Nolting. "It was the most amazing thing I've ever seen. It was deconflicted, it was safe, and it was awesome."

Hell. F$#king. Yes.

my favorite quote:

Next thing I know, I get thrown on my console," said the flight engineer. "I still didn't know what was going on at that point. But from this vantage point, I could see under my gun, and I could see the muzzle flashes. I remember shaking my head to clear it, and then just a rage of fury came over me.

Guest Miclhstrase

You don't see this shit in the movies. Incredible.

The part about the shot through the helmet reminds me of a Vietnam UH-1 pilot that took a round through the helmet by his ear, up and over his head, and out the other side, by his ear.

Helos of all types are gettin' er dun downrange. Up close and personal. Standard.

All the chopper guys deserve more respect than we can give them. They ain't playin no puss game.

I havent read the misrep/opsums yet so take this question with a grain of salt. But, with all those fires assets on station, why were the Pedros getting lit up so much?

Gravitational effect of those huge balls of steel. :beer:

• Upvote 5

And to think that there are still some UPT FLT/CC's and SQ/CC's who bring in studs and question them on their decision to put Helo's #1 on their dream sheet...

That'll never change. Fuck 'em.