Four Loko

Skitzo

So it's been banned at numerous colleges. It's been banned for sale at Hurlburt. A member of a MX squadron on base drank two, and woke up in jail the next day. Apparently he had consumed two, drove his car from the dorms to Destin, got naked and didn't remember a thing.

With an alcohol content equal to five beers and the caffeine that equals a couple cups of coffee I am pretty interested, anyone out there try this stuff?

its_a_trap.jpg

But seriously it is just kind of hype. Whats the difference between that and drinking jager bombs or vodka and redbulls? I tried four loko a while ago and it pretty much just taste like cough syrup. Like all alcoholic beverages, if you over do it you're likely to get yourself into trouble.

Besides tasting like childrens cough medicine, its really not all that bad. All the trouble comes from when people consume too much of it. I've found that a single four loko is plenty for a night. I've always felt awful the next morning though.

And its not just colleges and Hurlburt who have banned it. Entire states are jumping on the bandwagon. http://www.aolnews.com/surge-desk/article/four-loko-banned-by-washington-state-liquor-control-board/19711427

Guest El Bastardo

They have also banned these at numerous Army bases. Word is soldiers were failing drug tests because of a recent Four Loko consumption. Apparently some kind of chemical in them is closely associated with Cocaine. Who woulda guessed!

The one where the group orders enough so everybody's got a tupperware with 569 straws and an impending meltdown.

I know what it is. I was referring to you only having one ammo bowl. Come on, you've got to have at least two in a night! Maybe I'll add some loko in the next one.

which is a reason it's not a bourbon. i'll stick with my maker's, thank you. :beer:

"Two"

Although I found a fantastic replacement for Makers in the form of "Peter Jake's Private Keep." A friend works for a distributor and acquired two bottles for me...a superb, smooth bourbon...unfortunately, I can't seem to find it anywhere, reward to anyone who can.

Edited by ClearedHot

"Two"

Although I found a fantastic replacement for Makers in the form of "Peter Jake's Private Keep." A friend works for a distributor and acquired two bottles for me...a superb, smooth bourbon...unfortunately, I can't seem to find it anywhere, reward to anyone who can.

Third result on a Google search for "Peter Jake's Private Keep:"

2020 Wines

What do I win?

p.s. Agree that KY is the only source for quality Bourbon...