The hardest working fighter pilot in America

Toro

What the fuck is it about C model guys that makes them feel the need to put themselves in the spotlight. First there was now we have The hardest working fighter pilot in America.

I mean obviously this guy is the hardest working person in America - he is a father, husband, pilot, works long hours, goes TDY, gets his masters, does EVERY FUCKING THING EVERY OTHER PILOT IN THE AIR FORCE DOES! What an absolute embarrassment to the community. Not just the C model community, not just the fighter pilot community, and not even the pilot community as a whole - but the fucking MILITARY.

This shit makes me sick. Evil Eagle - do you know this dipshit?

I've got 69,000 examples of dudes doing exactly what he is doing so I'm not even going to waste my time because I am so busy because I AM THE HARDEST WORKING TANKER PILOT IN...

Just kidding. That video was pretty brutal. He's no different than any of us in a squadron with an additional duty, coaching a little league team or two, trying to pass the PT test and doing his PME and his Masters/CCAF/whatever between deployments all at the same time.

You are some self-rightous dicks, that's for sure. He entered a contest for $100,000...why all the heartburn? Are you jealous you didn't think of it first?

"What the fuck happened to being a humble warrior who does his job for love of God, country, and family?"

Please, this kind of tripe makes me want to throw up. I do my job for love of flying airplanes and a paycheck on the 1st and 15th.

• Upvote 1

Guest Alarm Red

Yeah, not a big deal. It's a promotional contest for a deodorant company.

1st prize is $100,000. Many of you have put up with a lot worse crap for the same (i.e. the bonus, after taxes, for 5 years worth of asspain... and probably no free deodorant either).

I'd have entered but I'm probably the laziest fighter pilot in America. How do I get paid extra for that I wonder?

C'mon Beaver, he got on camera, proclaimed he is the "Hardest Working Fighter Pilot in America" and put it on the internet.

He's never gonna win anyway, so the $100K is a moot point. Toro Johnson is right.

EDIT: Wait a second...you get free deodorant too? Who's got a video camera I can borrow?

EDIT 2: Can you even do shit like that in uniform? What about that "No Federal Endorsement" bullshit? (Spoken like a true wing airshow rep...legalese got beaten into me)

Edited by Scooter14

To me there's personal embarrassment for money, and there's professional embarrassment. This guy is embarrassing the service by claiming that he's the "hardest working fighter pilot" in the AF when clearly he's doing what every tom dick and harry pilot is out there doing on a daily basis. If was about how he's the "hardest working dad in America" and his job was a side note, fine, but if he wants to say he's an AF super star and breaking his back for his country you can't bring up how you went TDY to Canada and are working hard flying fighters and living in sunny Eglin, Florida. Give me a break. I hope someone in the military who's actually working hard, preferably a young enlisted guy making pennies on this major's dollars and humping it outdoors in a shitty location like Kandahar, kicks this guy in the balls straight away.

Edited by nsplayr

Maybe he'd have a better chance if he had a little support from the so-called "bro's."

Maybe the so-called bros would support him if he wasn't doing the exact job with the exact same responsibilities as all of us. It's not jealousy, it's embarrassment. Talk about how great you are in the bar with the bros, not on the internet to win money.

It's a free fucking country and if an enlisted Army dude wants to submit a video, then so be it. Oh, wait! There is an enlisted Army dude in the finals! I guess he should keep it in the bar with the bros, too, lest he embarrass his community.

Like I said: self-rightous dicks.

What the fuck is it about C model guys that makes them feel the need to put themselves in the spotlight. First there was now we have The hardest working fighter pilot in America.

I mean obviously this guy is the hardest working person in America - he is a father, husband, pilot, works long hours, goes TDY, gets his masters, does EVERY FUCKING THING EVERY OTHER PILOT IN THE AIR FORCE DOES! What an absolute embarrassment to the community. Not just the C model community, not just the fighter pilot community, and not even the pilot community as a whole - but the fucking MILITARY.

This shit makes me sick. Evil Eagle - do you know this dipshit?

Ok, two things -

1 - nope, don't know him. Seems like this was a shameless attempt for $$$. Not what I'd do, and if I do ever run across him I'll flip him shit for it.

2 - C'mon Toro! "why do C model dudes have to put themselves in the spotlight" You know enough of us, yes there are a few bad apples that make us look like jack-wagons (new commercial cracks me up) but every community has it's bad actors. We've gone through the community bashing time and time again on this board. As much as we are all getting kicked in the nuts with assignments and base closures, none of us are exactly in the spotlight.

Guest Snatch

It's a free ######ing country and if an enlisted Army dude wants to submit a video, then so be it. Oh, wait! There is an enlisted Army dude in the finals! I guess he should keep it in the bar with the bros, too, lest he embarrass his community.

The whole contest is lame and should be decided by Mike Rowe. That being said, the Army's drill instructor community is significantly smaller than the USAF's pilot community. So for him to claim he's got a tough job holds a lot more salt than the subject at hand.

Can't blame a brother for trying to get paid. Maybe he'd have a better chance if he had a little support from the so-called "bro's."

Ha, support from the bros is what that Cosmo dude wanted, that went well.

He should pledge any money won to Wounded Warrior.....he can keep the deodorant.

Guest Sandlapper

I know plenty of dudes who'd go to much further lengths to win $100K, so let's put the cash prize aside for a second. The fact that this guy is publicly proclaiming himself the "hardest working fighter pilot" is ridiculous. I noticed his map graphic didn't include Balad, Bagram, or any other 3rd world shit hole (BTW, we've actually been at war for the past 9 years...good thing the bros at Eglin & Tyndall are sharpening their shirtless volleyball/high five-ing skills to a razor's edge in their jeans & dogtags).

Before anyone fires off another proclamation about us all being a bunch of self-righteous dicks, let me make one last point here. Odds are that the last thing that would ever occur to the actual "hardest working" military member (fighter pilot or otherwise) would be to post a self-promotional video claiming as much.

Besides - this guy already broke the first rule about being a Spec-Ops Fighter Pilot.

Anyone else notice the glaring contradiction? ...That he's SO busy, yet he has the spare time to put together a turbo gay video about himself?

...just sayin'

EDIT: Sandlapper beat me to it. Touche'

No! Don't you see? The reason he is the busiest fighter pilot is because he does all those things that 69,000 others do PLUS he made a video! That video shoot is THE thing that pushed him over the line making him the busiest fighter pilot.

/sarcasm for those that didn't pick up on it even though I laid it on pretty thick.

Edited by Vertigo

Give me a break. I hope someone in the military who's actually working hard, preferably a young enlisted guy making pennies on this major's dollars and humping it outdoors in a shitty location like Kandahar, kicks this guy in the balls straight away.

C'mon Toro! "why do C model dudes have to put themselves in the spotlight" You know enough of us, yes there are a few bad apples that make us look like jack-wagons (new commercial cracks me up) but every community has it's bad actors.

EE is right. Let's keep things in perspective here. Remember it's that small 99% minority that give the rest of the Eagle drivers a bad name...

EE is right. Let's keep things in perspective here. Remember it's that small 99% minority that give the rest of the Eagle drivers a bad name...

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.

BQZip01 Johnson is right.

OK, I was going to just walk away and take the high road, but for shit's sake, did no one notice the dudes name?

Steven Cox? You could start a thread on that alone. I can't believe this guy is Cox bloxing all the other hard working fighter pilots who just need some free deoderant.

Continue...

I mean obviously this guy is the hardest working person in America - he is a father, husband, pilot, works long hours, goes TDY, gets his masters, does EVERY FUCKING THING EVERY OTHER PILOT IN THE AIR FORCE DOES!

Well, not everything... Imagine how hard his life would be if his mission actually DEPLOYED.

• Upvote 1

C'mon Toro! "why do C model dudes have to put themselves in the spotlight" You know enough of us, yes there are a few bad apples that make us look like jack-wagons (new commercial cracks me up) but every community has it's bad actors.

Yeah, the cracks are just so easy, though - it's like clubbing baby seals. We certainly have our black sheep as well.

for shit's sake, did no one notice the dudes name?

Yeah, how'd he not get named "Goblin"?

He should pledge any money won to Wounded Warrior.....he can keep the deodorant.

Well, not everything... Imagine how hard his life would be if his mission actually DEPLOYED.

Hahaha funny.

This is really like a bad video OPR... "I do everything everyone else does, take credit for random stuff because 'I was there,' and then I exaggerate it all."

To be extremely modest, I work way harder than this guy. :salut:

You are some self-rightous [sic] dicks, that's for sure.

Extraneous comm. No need to brief the standards other than to say "standard."

He entered a contest for $100,000...why all the heartburn? Are you jealous you didn't think of it first?

C'mon, he called the fight's on the second he submitted the video and you of all people should acknowledge that. This would take four Hog Log/Doofer Book journals to settle in an old school fighter squadron.

I could give a shit about the $100k except that I think he's lame, especially since the only thing he will ever expend from his airplane are chaff/flare and that will be done in a MOA.