Cannon AFB

Guest mil1

AFSOC MC-12 different than standard MC-12 besides the spec ops fighter pilots?

Yes, new guts...meant to replace the PC-12 based U-28s. TBD on timeframe and final decision being made/money available to go through with it is the latest intel I have. Lots of moving parts associated with the future of manned tactical ISR both in AFSOC and the Air Force more broadly. Also TBD on CVS vs HRT for the first MC-12s if we end up getting and moding them.

In other news; I heard the AFSOC MC12 will arrive at CVS FY14. Looks like more missions headed that way. Any ideas when the new base housing will be built?

1QFY15 is the earliest, possibly later. Probably HRT first for U-28 recap, still working the details. AF plans some MC-12 mods, but funding is at risk. SOCOM will also do some mods so they are true U-28 replacements. CSO position planned. Schoolhouse TBD. New houses start going up at CVS this fall, should have several hundred done by spring, 670+ new Single family homes within three years. Belfour Beatty Communities has the housing contract and they are squared away.

1QFY15 is the earliest, possibly later. Probably HRT first for U-28 recap, still working the details. AF plans some MC-12 mods, but funding is at risk. SOCOM will also do some mods so they are true U-28 replacements. CSO position planned. Schoolhouse TBD. New houses start going up at CVS this fall, should have several hundred done by spring, 670+ new Single family homes within three years. Belfour Beatty Communities has the housing contract and they are squared away.

Good housing answer, thanks. The FY14 arrival was briefed yesterday by mid level HQ folks, guess its still undecided. We've heard rumors of a PCS freeze in 1 month if sequestration is still unresolved; can you speak to the validity of that rumor in reference to how it affects a new SQ standing up at CVS?

Good housing answer, thanks. The FY14 arrival was briefed yesterday by mid level HQ folks, guess its still undecided. We've heard rumors of a PCS freeze in 1 month if sequestration is still unresolved; can you speak to the validity of that rumor in reference to how it affects a new SQ standing up at CVS?

HAF is struggling with the BCA cuts in FY13 and the FY14 budget. PCS accounts are low. Not sure how they are going to deal with it, but freezing PCS in some areas is being discussed. Moves will still happen, but there will be budget pressure to minimize them. Top people are on it...what could possibly go wrong...

• Upvote 2

• 4 weeks later...

Good times continue at Cannon.

Rumor is Wing leadership woke up every dorm resident at 0400 early Sunday morning for an impromptu room inspection. They tazed an Airman several times who was drunk and asleep in his bed, he must have reacted negatively when they came into his room.

They tazed an Airman several times who was drunk and asleep in his bed, he must have reacted negatively when they came into his room.

Well the bossman said that a spirit of adventure helps retention.

Or...something like that anyway.

"Surprise cockbags!" I love it. Mirrors something similar that happened downrange...Wing-level Commander (AFSOC) busts into our B-huts while the Command Chief announces "Commander on deck!" Lights turn on, flashlights pointed at faces. Ya know, during crew rest and 24-hour combat ops...thanks Boss...

Good times continue at Cannon.

Rumor is Wing leadership woke up every dorm resident at 0400 early Sunday morning for an impromptu room inspection. They tazed an Airman several times who was drunk and asleep in his bed, he must have reacted negatively when they came into his room.

Someone took out a tazer, the kind that shoots a few thousand volts of electricity, and shocked a sleeping man???!!? That is a fine example of a deep lack of judgement. If you lack the judgement to electrocute a man that is sleeping, then I firmly believe that person lacks the judgement to lead a unit.

Out

Someone took out a tazer, the kind that shoots a few thousand volts of electricity, and shocked a sleeping man???!!? That is a fine example of a deep lack of judgement. If you lack the judgement to electrocute a man that is sleeping, then I firmly believe that person lacks the judgement to lead a unit.

Out

I'm guessing "they" were some SF dudes walking with leadership...

"Surprise cockbags!" I love it. Mirrors something similar that happened downrange...Wing-level Commander (AFSOC) busts into our B-huts while the Command Chief announces "Commander on deck!" Lights turn on, flashlights pointed at faces. Ya know, during crew rest and 24-hour combat ops...thanks Boss...

Un-######ing-Sat

• Upvote 1

Why?

The story is true in the fact that the inspection did occur in the wee hours of the morning. However, the tazing incident story is total bullshit...several hundred people living in the dorms and overall the inspections found nothing significant. By that I mean a few (less than 6) underage drinkers, some overly dirty rooms, and a few unauthorized items such as swords, etc).

Let's not blow things out of proportion...place is bad enough without stupid ######ing lies being floated around.

The story is true in the fact that the inspection did occur in the wee hours of the morning. However, the tazing incident story is total bullshit...several hundred people living in the dorms and overall the inspections found nothing significant. By that I mean a few (less than 6) underage drinkers, some overly dirty rooms, and a few unauthorized items such as swords, etc).

Let's not blow things out of proportion...place is bad enough without stupid ######ing lies being floated around.

I am not trying to blow anything out of proportion and they did in fact taze a Airman. He was underage, drunk, and asleep in his bed. When leadership attempted to wake him up he did not respond. They called in SFS and he became belligerent and went after the SFS dude so they tazed him several times. I was not trying to say they randomly tazed someone, it sounds like he had it coming. The bigger issue was waking up several hundred people at 0400 to search their rooms.

The bigger issue was waking up several hundred people at 0400 to search their rooms.

I forgot that 18 year old Airmen are entitled to their beauty rest.

Last time I checked, anyone living in the dorms are JUNIOR enlisted in the MILITARY. A 0400 dorm inspection wouldn't even register on the "things to bitch about" radar of CGOs in the other services....in fact it would probably be the CGOs conducting the inspections.

Thanks - I've lived in them quite a bit.

I meant why did the CC bust in turning on lights and shining flashlights in people's faces? Doesn't sound like a visit to just chat with the troops.

"Health and welfare inspection." My "health and welfare" certainly was improved by being loudly woken up about 2 hours after going to sleep!