Look out below!

Butters

"Heidemarie Stefanyshyn-Piper was just starting to work on the joint when the mishap occurred.

She said [it] exploded, getting the [stuff] all over a camera.... While wiping off herself, the white, backpack-size bag slipped out of her grip, and she lost all her other tools."

No worries, you still have the only tool of any use to you.

Normally your purse just falls to the floor next to your knees. No gravity is a bitch, eh?

BENDY

No worries, you still have the only tool of any use to you.

Normally your purse just falls to the floor next to your knees. No gravity is a bitch, eh?

BENDY

ROTFLMFAO :notworthy::thumbsup:

Edit: I went back and read the article:

"The big-ticket item — and one of the first things to be hooked up — is a recycling system that will convert astronauts' urine and sweat into drinking water."

Okay, now I'm pulling my astronaut application. F that.

Edited by HerkFE

Make sure to fill out that "dropped object" form... $100,000 for some grease guns and towels, and we can't buy paper for out printers.

I bet the actual cost is 10x that, once you figure the lost job it was too do, the fuel to get it into orbit, and then the cost to do it all again.

Dropped Object Report has been released.

NASA Dropped Object Prevention Program

1. Date: 19 November

2. Time: 0300Z

3. MDS: Space Station

4. Type mission and mission profile: Space walk, to fix busted ass joint

5. Aircraft Tail Number: Space Station does not have a tail

6. Owning organization and base: NASA, Kennedy Space Center

7. Origin of sortie (take off base): Pad-39A, Kennedy Space Center

8. Discovery location: Right next to busted solar array

9. Geographical location of object, if known: In low earth orbit, ~900,000 ft/AGL

10. Item description: White, really expensive, big ass bag of tools.

11. Aircrew Names (all):

Heidemarie Stefanyshyn-Piper (she is the one that did it... I am not putting my name on here).

Come on people. She goes to do a standard tube job, the gun explodes and she looses her grip while cleaning herself off. It this really a surprising, non-standard occurance? I think not. I'll bet it even happened to Metzger a few times!

FF

• 4 years later...

This is why we can't have nice things...

I'm still going to blame the FE's, Gunners, and co-pilots.

Blame, BLAME FEs? Seriously? I think it's obvious had an FE been onboard, this potentially fatal incident simply would not have been allowed to happen.

• Upvote 1

Ha, this reminds me if the time a C-130 LM made a HALO jumper take his bag of shit with him when he jumped. The idiot did it, lost positive control of cargo and it landed on Delta Ramp at TCM right in front of a MX crew towing a C-17. CP almost sent an OPREP to 18 AF before Safety stepped in and said we could probably handle this in house.

True story.

• Upvote 1

Ha, this reminds me if the time a C-130 LM made a HALO jumper take his bag of shit with him when he jumped. The idiot did it, lost positive control of cargo and it landed on Delta Ramp at TCM right in front of a MX crew towing a C-17. CP almost sent an OPREP to 18 AF before Safety stepped in and said we could probably handle this in house.

True story.

A bag of his stuff (think George Carlin) or an actual bag of shit?

Bag of human shit. Not a 130 guy but apparently there is a bucket with a bag in it that you poop in. Protocol dictates you have to carry it off the airplane. Don't know why the FE doesn't do it if they are so fucking important.