Blues on Monday

okienav

Our wing CC just came out with a policy today that all ops crew members will wear flight suits on Mondays because you just never know when you might have to fly.

Where are you located? Sounds like there's still some leadership out there with a bit of common sense.

Alright gents. I love the rants, but talk is cheap. Let's see some digital photos of you knuckleheads with the big badges, all the ribbons, flight boots and wheel caps. I have my doubts if any of you guys went to go get the uber :rainbow: cardigan. Let's see it tough guys.

Coasta

I have my doubts if any of you guys went to go get the uber :rainbow: cardigan. Let's see it tough guys.

Coasta

We did have a guy here sport the Cardigan...it was aweful. We also had a few guys sport the wheelcap, they actually looked sharp. No one with full ribbons or bloused pants and boots. All in all it was pretty benign. It was weird sitting at lunch at the golf course and seeing everyone in their blues.

We did have a guy here sport the Cardigan...it was aweful. We also had a few guys sport the wheelcap, they actually looked sharp. No one with full ribbons or bloused pants and boots. All in all it was pretty benign. It was weird sitting at lunch at the golf course and seeing everyone in their blues.

So sad! My separation date is 27 Dec thank God! This is just reason #1,273 to leave. At least I've never purchased the PT gear! Good luck to you all fighting the good fight :M16: . I'm just choosing to drink a different flavor of kool-aid. :salut:

Our wing CC just came out with a policy today that all ops crew members will wear flight suits on Mondays because you just never know when you might have to fly.

Heres hoping more CCs follow suit. I'm going to be all "uniform complained" out when I leave the Deid the end of next month.

CH is right on the money on this one. Blues do not add to our professionalism - that's just complete BS. If anything they are uncomfortable and impractical for daily wear.

Our WG CC sent out a letter today about Blues Monday, but I've not read it yet.

Same here, except it's officially the SQ/CC who sent out the email. I'm glad some leadership have some sense.

What are the guard units out there doing? Following this or not? Peanut gallery?

Surely you jest?!

First off, we only work every other Monday so that cuts our exposure in half. Second, in a totally volunteer organization (i.e. I don't fly when I don't want to/I don't come to the squadron when I'm not flying [part-timers at least!]) there would be mass rebellion...the part-timers just wouldn't come in on Mondays. Guaranteed.

There is also the small fact that no one owns blues, mess dress, or service dress in the first place - and I know this for a fact - including our squadron commander! Every time there is an official function, the mad scramble of "Can I borrow your blues?!" that goes on is like a clown on fire...kinda funny, kinda sad.

Having said all that, I know there will be a fair number of you who say "Guard slackers!" and I agree, at least partially. I tend to think we focus on what's important to the mission rather than image, although sometimes we take it too far (i.e. not wearing hats while out in the community).

When this first came out, an AF rep on the Joint Staff said that we go by J-directorate/JS uniform policy, not by service policy. A few days later, an AF 3-star asked one of the big wigs on the Joint Staff if he was ok with implementing the new blues Monday policy for all the AF folks and voila... Monday blues day for the Joint Staff.

Guest JModelLoadie
The Guard is implementing this? The world is coming to an end.

Look how much stuff the Guard is doing that the AD does. We have people all over our base that wear PT gear. Of course, most of these folks haven't been deployed and haven't dealt with the PT Gear Gestappo. I enlisted just prior to 9/11, and it seems that, from what I remember, the Guard Bureau used to deflect all of the AD's :rainbow: rules. Now its like a free-for-all on the Guard. Well, at least in MD we work Tue-Fri...

While we're at it why don't we bring back the experience stars for the flight suit sleaves (ok...so I actually do like that idea) and shinny plastic covered rank too. For that matter, lets get back to brown instead of blue. I find it to be much more reflective of the combat mentality where we're operating right now.

Speaking of reflective, can they make the belt for blues reflective? Kill three birds...keep my pants on, keep me safe, AND keep me combat minded while supporting my fighting brothers.

Ugh.

Where the F*** is Lemay when you need him?

FF

Guest JModelLoadie
While we're at it why don't we bring back the experience stars for the flight suit sleaves (ok...so I actually do like that idea) and shinny plastic covered rank too. For that matter, lets get back to brown instead of blue. I find it to be much more reflective of the combat mentality where we're operating right now.

Speaking of reflective, can they make the belt for blues reflective? Kill three birds...keep my pants on, keep me safe, AND keep me combat minded while supporting my fighting brothers.

Ugh.

Where the F*** is Lemay when you need him?

FF

While these sorts of Mods are in the works, there needs to be a place on the belt to clip your ever important, life saving, cant-live-without-it, Airmans Manual.

No big surprise, but we got caught up here at Tinker. The E-Mail came out yesterday. My blues are Code 1, but I went up to clothing sales with a friend today just to see what the chaos looked like. It was amazing! The line at the dressing rooms was at least 5-7 people long! There was no rank to be had on the shelves. I'm guessing most other bases are like this as well.

Edited by discus

Not so fast, Bergman. My unit implements the policy next week.

Wow. We are actually looking for prior-rated pilots down here, so if you want to transfer I will vouch for you. :thumbsup:

I still like the idea of going full ribbons on the shirt, bloused trousers with boots, and wheelcap.

Great idea. I am almost ashamed to admit that I own a wheel cap already (a mild form of rebellion in my AMS days) so at least I'm prepared. I have worn it 5 times now, I think. So my 'cost per wear' is at $8 right now. Hopefully it stays there.

I will also most definitely be sporting the large-size wings (both sets for me) on my blues shirt. That'll look GREAT, at least until I order a cardigan. :rainbow:

AIR FORCE INSTRUCTION 36-2903, 2 AUGUST 2006

Incorporating Change 1, 6 August 2007

Figure 2.12. Men's and Women’s Headgear, Note 4 reads:

"4. Service caps - Mandatory for majors and above to maintain."

So when some uniform nazi asks me why I am wearing the wheel cap, my reply will be "Reg makes me buy it, I'm wearing it, now excuse me sir, but I have to go pick up my cardigan at the dry cleaners!"

Cap-10 :flag_waving: