Capt Malinda Hammond IS My Hero!

M2

we'll talk trash and chase mentally deranged flight attendant poontang. :nob:

The only good flight attendant poontang, is mentally deranged flight attendant poontang!

To sum things up, our real problem is everyone out there that either A: Tries to make it as difficult as possible for you to do your job. and B: Thinks the Govt. spent a ton of money for you to fly out to the AOR just to give them something to do. These are the "shoe clerks", these are the ball lickers, these are the ones we are bitching about.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess the reg nazis are gonna bust on this guy as well...what's he know about being a warrior?!?

080711-F-2608C-042.jpg

Airman Receives DFC with Valor: Capt. Brian Erickson, an A-10 pilot with the 75th Fighter Squadron at Moody AFB, Ga., received the Distinguished Flying Cross with Valor on July 11. He earned the honor for providing close air support under hazardous conditions--working without a forward air controller--to help save the lives of six members of a German provincial reconstruction team that came under intense insurgent attack in a Hindu-Kush mountain range valley of Afghanistan on Oct. 16, 2006. "It's a great honor to be recognized," said Erickson, who was deployed to Bagram Air Base at the time. "But the real reward was returning those six coalition soldiers safely to the village they were working at." The DFC recognizes heroism or extraordinary achievement while flying in combat operations. (Full Story: Moody report by A1C Spencer Gallien)

Seriously, well done, SHFING! salut.gifsalut.gifsalut.gif

Cheers! M2

I guess the reg nazis are gonna bust on this guy as well...what's he know about being a warrior?!?

080711-F-2608C-042.jpg

Airman Receives DFC with Valor: Capt. Brian Erickson, an A-10 pilot with the 75th Fighter Squadron at Moody AFB, Ga., received the Distinguished Flying Cross with Valor on July 11. He earned the honor for providing close air support under hazardous conditions--working without a forward air controller--to help save the lives of six members of a German provincial reconstruction team that came under intense insurgent attack in a Hindu-Kush mountain range valley of Afghanistan on Oct. 16, 2006. "It's a great honor to be recognized," said Erickson, who was deployed to Bagram Air Base at the time. "But the real reward was returning those six coalition soldiers safely to the village they were working at." The DFC recognizes heroism or extraordinary achievement while flying in combat operations. (Full Story: Moody report by A1C Spencer Gallien)

Seriously, well done, SHFING! salut.gifsalut.gifsalut.gif

Cheers! M2

What does his tab patch say?

That is a great pic. But as most of you all have heard that pic caught a lot of flack for it. From what I was told by the Group CC at Salem in June that because of that pic a lot of shit rolled down hill at said location for it. I don't know the specifics, but its just sad that we can't have any fun at all. I think we need to get the PC out of the military and bring back some of the good old traditions of pre PC years since thats the way that the Air Force is wanting to go, back to our heritage.

I think we've confirmed that this needs to happen...so how do we proceed? I'm not trying to slam anyone in general. We've taken action against fighter pilot posers, so we need to take action here.

For the non-aviators' sake, please explain:

What is it about morale patches that shoes dislike? Is it because they swear and are therefore offensive (i.e. "BOHICA" would be okay because there is no swear word), or are they prohibited in "AFI-69-chow my hog?"

prohibited in "AFI-69-chow my hog.

Eventhough T-Mike had one on all the time.

For the non-aviators' sake, please explain:

What is it about morale patches that shoes dislike? Is it because they swear and are therefore offensive (i.e. "BOHICA" would be okay because there is no swear word), or are they prohibited in "AFI-69-chow my hog?"

It's because they don't get to wear one, and thus get pissy about it. So that's why they added into the last revision of 2903 that you can't wear "morale patches" in flightsuits. And non-flyers LOVE trying to call out flyers on shit.

P.S. I refueled a B-1, F-15E's, & British Harriers yesterday...all while wearing white socks. I still completed all checklist items despite me going against 2903.

Guest Cap-10
It's because they don't get to wear one, and thus get pissy about it. So that's why they added into the last revision of 2903 that you can't wear "morale patches" in flightsuits. And non-flyers LOVE trying to call out flyers on shit.

P.S. I refueled a B-1, F-15E's, & British Harriers yesterday...all while wearing white socks. I still completed all checklist items despite me going against 2903.

Here's what the reg says:

From AIR FORCE INSTRUCTION 36-2903 2 AUGUST 2006 Incorporating Change 1, 6 August 2007,

"3.2.1.6. Morale patches are not authorized for wear. Morale patches include, but are not limited to

specialty, competition, or recognition patches (except as noted in paragraphs 3.2.5.4., 3.2.5.6. and

3.2.5.7.).

3.2.5.4. Left Sleeve. Normally the US flag, emblem of appropriate wing, group, or center, positioned

no lower than 1 inch from shoulder seam in accordance with MAJCOM supplements to this

instruction. Members may wear the Weapons School Patch, USAF Test Pilot School Patch, (graduate

or instructor) upon completion of the appropriate school when authorized by MAJCOM supplement

to this instruction. If wearing the US flag, it will be red, white, and blue in color

portraying a straight flag, not a waving flag. The flag will be approximately 2X3 inches, with the

union to the front and stripes trailing. Chapter 1, Title 4, United States Code, specifies the flag colors

as red, white, and blue; therefore, subdued flag replicas are not authorized for wear on the

FDU/DFDU.

3.2.5.6. Add-On Patches. MAJCOMs will publish guidance on wear of add-on patches (i.e., flying

hour milestone, instructor, flight examiner scroll, etc). Campaign/exercise patches are not

authorized.

3.2.5.7. MAJCOM commanders must approve all emblems/patches not specifically addressed in

this instruction."

So the reg says no morale patches, but then it says MAJCOM CC's can approve emblems/patches?

I'm confused!

I'm not putting a reflective belt on my backpack either!!!

Cap-10 :flag_waving:

The conversation comes up at work from time to time....how do we take back this Air Force of ours? Any realistic suggestions? I say be a damn crew dawg. It is that simple. Hack the F'ing mission and mentor the young with a strong emphasis on the history of this Air Force. It was born in controversy and led by folks who said f___ the system.

Jerry McGuire rant...out.

I say be a damn crew dawg. It is that simple. Hack the F'ing mission and mentor the young with a strong emphasis on the history of this Air Force. It was born in controversy and led by folks who said f___ the system.

Hey Boom!

You are still dangerous.

post-3479-1216771387_thumb.jpg

But you and your white socks can plug my jet anytime.

Guest regularjoe

080711-F-2608C-042.jpg

OH GOD !!! His sleeves are rolled up, get a rope. :thumbsup:

Ugh.......... :bash:

OH GOD !!! His sleeves are rolled up, get a rope. :thumbsup:

Ugh.......... :bash:

That zipper looks a little low two... wait, what's that? His left pocket is not fully zipped and an object is protruding from it! Very unprofessional. Someone should send a letter to the Mods to have this picture digitally enhance to bring him into regs!

Ah, much better!

post-3479-1216774493_thumb.jpg

From AIR FORCE INSTRUCTION 36-2903 2 AUGUST 2006 Incorporating Change 1, 6 August 2007,

"3.2.1.6. Morale patches are not authorized for wear. Morale patches include, but are not limited to

specialty, competition, or recognition patches

So, every Fighter Wing in the AF is busting this reg every Friday?

That zipper looks a little low two... wait, what's that? His left pocket is not fully zipped and an object is protruding from it! Very unprofessional. Someone should send a letter to the Mods to have this picture digitally enhance to bring him into regs!

Ah, much better!

post-3479-1216774493_thumb.jpg

Better add a reflective belt or two...just in case....

Did anyone that e-mailed Senior Master Shoeclerk Kost get a reply from him?

I would discourage emailing the guy for several reasons.

First off, he is a SMSgt and probably set in his ways - enough so to write in to a national publication to share (i.e. try to enforce) his opinions. The fact that a Captain with half his time in service emails him is probably not going to sway his decision.

Second, if this guy is a big enough douche to write in to AF Times to call out somebody about a morale patch, he's probably a big enough douche to find your commander and dime you out for going out of your chain of command and/or being unprofessional...regardless of how professional your message may be.

Last, yours likely isn't the only e-mail he's going to get. Let me tell you from experience that when do something that is seen by many, people have feel the need to call or e-mail you about their opinions on the subject. After a while you just start to ignore them.