Tops in Blue (TIB) - WTF?

Steve Davies

I saw this thread pop back up again and it reminded me that when I in processed at Vance a few weeks ago for UPT, one of the 2dLTs that inprocessed with me asked if she could get her UPT start date pushed back if she made TIB...

The IP inprocessing us almost shit his pants.

Oh, come on! You can't tell a story like that and not give the important details...WAS SHE HOT? Because really, that makes all the difference in how the IP responds to her question:

post-633-093365600 1293614697_thumb.jpg IP: "Uh, we'll probably push you back regardless..."

post-633-010314300 1293615237_thumb.jpg IP: "We might be able to work something out...why don't you get on my schedule so we can talk about it"

Oh, come on! You can't tell a story like that and not give the important details...WAS SHE HOT? Because really, that makes all the difference in how the IP responds to her question

She was somewheres in between, but not good looking enough to keep everyone in the room from laughing their asses off at her. Also, more back story..

Graduated from the Academy moved to Europe to get her masters, goes to UPT, then tries to get a 1 year permissive TDY..

Someone must really not want to contribute to the mission..

She was somewheres in between, but not good looking enough to keep everyone in the room from laughing their asses off at her. Also, more back story..

Graduated from the Academy moved to Europe to get her masters, goes to UPT, then tries to get a 1 year permissive TDY..

Someone must really not want to contribute to the mission..

Now that is working the system. Reminds me of someone else.

Mark my words, she will become a GO.

I didn't know 100 hours in an airframe was notable. Although with all the White House Fellow-ing and Harvard Master-ing going on, thats all she could fit in...

100 hours will barely get you to the East Tac and back from DM.

I don't know Col Martha McSally from Eve, but "her unit being responsible for securing isolated personnel?" Really?, the JSRC/JPRC is charged with recovering IPs? Sure they help and coordinate, but really? I'm sure the journos trumped up her role as JSRC director, but seriously....

You said to mark your words that she would be a GO. This is nothing more than an FYI that she retired as a colonel.

I wasn't talking about McKACHING becoming a GO. I meant the other woman asking for special treatment wrt TIB reminded me of McKACHING, playing the system for all it is worth. You inferred I was saying McKACHING was going to become a GO.

Clear enough?

I don't know Col Martha McSally from Eve, but "her unit being responsible for securing isolated personnel?" Really?, the JSRC/JPRC is charged with recovering IPs? Sure they help and coordinate, but really? I'm sure the journos trumped up her role as JSRC director, but seriously....

Some people find a way to take credit for the work of others. I'm sure you've met a few of them, they're super fun to be around.

I'm the last person to defend her but thiswas the current pub when she was at the JSRC. Many references to IP.

• 4 weeks later...
This year's Tops In Blue team is extremely excited about this opportunity, and every member looks forward to representing the Air Force both live and on television throughout the world.

You sure as hell aren't representing me.

Every time I see a picture of Tops in Blue or read an article about them, I feel sick to my stomach. Is this really what the Air Force values? Are our senior leaders really this retarded?

Edited by Gravedigger

You sure as hell aren't representing me.

Ditto.

I'd much rather have a gaggle of veterans sing the National Anthem than this group.

Give me some Army guys sporting deployment patches and CIBs on their ACUs, some pilots with combat time, some Navy SeaBee's or EOD's, some PJs/TAC-Ps/CCTs/CROs/STOs or any Air Force job that requires an acronym and a beret to describe, and any Marine with sand on their boots.

I don't want to see some excruciatingly choreographed GAY routine. Give me something real please.

• Upvote 4

Super Bowl XLV will be televised on FOX Feb. 6, with kickoff scheduled for 6:25 p.m. ET. Tops In Blue will perform shortly after 6 p.m.

At least PA is giving us a warning on when TIB will embarrass the AF...

Tops In Blue is a group of Airmen composed of 35 vocalists, dancers, musicians and technicians who perform for deployed service members and coalition forces, helping to provide a sense of pause and escape for them, so they feel inspired to continue their missions.

This is why the AF no longer needs leaders. We have these ass-clowns instead.