Gun Talk

VL-16

No. Again, just from what I've read. flame on with the "you don't know shit", now that I've ousted myself.

Relax, no flames. It was a serious question, indicated by the use of the phrase "Serious question".

Squadron Buy. Actually, trying to organize a buy for a whole community, about 400 folks. Top choices are a good 1911 model, like Springfield, etc, but I've also tried just going back to Sig because I love them, and they have a good selection. If anyone has a contact or is a vendor that can offer a discount (we'd be looking at ~100 weapons minimum), please PM me.

Looking for pistols and rifles, with the option to tag a unit symbol on the weapon.

Squadron Buy. Actually, trying to organize a buy for a whole community, about 400 folks. Top choices are a good 1911 model, like Springfield, etc, but I've also tried just going back to Sig because I love them, and they have a good selection. If anyone has a contact or is a vendor that can offer a discount (we'd be looking at ~100 weapons minimum), please PM me.

Looking for pistols and rifles, with the option to tag a unit symbol on the weapon.

Allow me to express a preference for Glock over a high end 1911 for your purposes. I think you'll have more participation using quality brands at reasonable prices.

You can verbally kick me in the junk if you've already seen this.

SIG mil discount. They also do a "squadron buy" type program.

http://www.sigsauer....002-06-2013.pdf

Update:

Bought a Remington 870 Tactical (basic version without the door breaching choke, 18 1/2 barrel, 6+1) and could not have been more happy. Got it home, did an initial disassembly, cleaning, and assembly, and took it out to the range to get used it it. Shot both 2-3/4 and 3, and forgot how it was shooting a shotgun after a couple years. Needless to say, definitely happy I went with it vs. blowing straight into Semi-Autos. Can already appreciate the fact of learning the basics behind a pump and working on skill.

Next on the list will be the S/W M&P .40

Edited by Torch
  • Upvote 2

Copy all bro. We already did the sig SQ buy; I'm shamelessly promoting a SQ Glock buy for the next one because I'm in the market for a new Glock!

Tac, Glock already offers a damn good mil/LEO discount. See below.

Thank you

You can also get almost all of the Glocks for $399 (fixed sights...up to $460 with night sights) with their mil discount. There is no min number of purcheses to get the discount either. Go to the glock website, click on military, then find a dealer. Enter your zip and click on LE dealer. That will get you the LE dealer nearest you as not all dealers can offer the mil/LEO discount. Or you can order direct from Glock...wait time is ridiculous right now.

I found this website on another forum. It has the pricing for Glocks/Sig/S&W.

http://www.vancesle.com/category.cfm/le/firearms

The guys in the 55th Wing had Kimber make them a bunch recently, you might look into them. Price wasn't too bad if I remember correctly.

Both the 16 SOS and 81 FS have also commissioned 1911s from Kimber in the past, the following pics of the former were posted by CH earlier in this thread...

IMG_3001.JPG

IMG_2997.JPG

The guys in the 55th Wing had Kimber make them a bunch recently, you might look into them. Price wasn't too bad if I remember correctly.

This is really what I'm looking for, especially if I can get one salesman/ POC. No way I want to have 200 aircrew, who bitch for a living, coming at me with requests. I want it simple, have some custom symbol on it/them, and put it to the community. Contacting Kimber, Glock, and Sig (again).

Anyone looking for the barracks lawyer discussions that have been cluttering up this my favorite thread, they've been moved to the 'Liberty, Rights, and The Constitution' thread as HeloDude suggested. That endless debate can continue there, this thread is focused on more interesting topics such as actual firearms, ammo and accessories...

• Upvote 1

M2 doesn't even need a boat right now.

http://www.cnn.com/2....html?hpt=hp_t1

I'm sorry to hear about the loss of his most recent firearm purchases during the Great Flood of 2013. However, I do hope that he and his family have stayed safe (and dry).

Thanks, brother! It was really bad here, I was doing a police volunteer patrol out of the North substation off of Jones-Maltsberger and my usual 30-minute drive took over two hours and routed me through Bulverde and north of Fair Oaks Ranch! We had bad roadway flooding over off of 281 south of the airport, the Olmos basin area (not surprisingly); but I made it home safe (obviously) as did everyone else (thankfully!).

Serious question: Have you ever fired a shotgun with a no-shit, full-up defensive round, like 3" 00 buckshot? Ever tried a double-tap, or the good old "2 to the body, 1 to the head" drill with a shotgun and full-up defensive rounds?

I've got a pistol-gripped Mossberg Persuader loaded with 3" 00-buckshot Magnum shells in it, as if I have to use it in a HD situation I want it able to shoot through walls, furniture, etc.

It's a motherfucker to shoot but it definitely gets the job done. There is no "two to the chest, one to the head" tactics involved, just CoM aiming (mine has a laser on it) and let that mother rip! Anyone who takes that blast to the chest ain't getting up!

I take it to the range every now and then just to remind myself what a bitch it is to shoot, but the thing is muy muy bueno in doing what I need it to do!

For you .380 lovers out there, Cabelas.com has the 250 round Remington yellow brick boxes on sale for $82. You can purchase up to 5, and it's showing only me $20 shipping for the 5 boxes. Pretty solid price if you're looking for .380 ammo but I would definitely hurry!

http://www.cabelas.com/catalog/product.jsp?productId=706337&avad=48247_a4642dd7&WT.mc_id=al35987&rid=12&WT.tsrc=AFF

• Upvote 1

M&P15 Optics Ready Carbines available on Bud's Police Supply

http://www.budspolic...products_id/170

At $859 a piece, I don't really consider this a 'good deal' anymore. I have seen the MP-15 OR go for around $870 on KyGunCo and some other places. Bud's Police Supply is supposed to be a lot better than non-LE prices that other businesses offer. Since AR prices are getting close to the same way they were before the scare, I'd wait for Bud's LE to sell these around $750 again. Just my opinion for those interested in one of these AR's.

Shooting in Santa Monica CA involving an AR-15 yesterday (Jun 7th). Guess a tactical'd out, black-clad guy with the AR shot two people in a house, lit it on fire, then went on a spree afterwards. Killed at least two or three others, then cops killed him at the Santa Monica College campus.

Blowback will be interesting. CA has all assault rifle owners register, plus Frankenfeinstein lead the charge on the AWB. Could affect prices again.

Could affect prices again.

Doubt it. Besides, this administration and the left have screwed themselves with the recent scandals such that the 'don't worry, you can trust us' line isn't working too well with a majority of independents. Even if the background check bill could get through the Senate it's not going anywhere in the House.

Shooting in Santa Monica CA involving an AR-15 yesterday (Jun 7th). Guess a tactical'd out, black-clad guy with the AR shot two people in a house, lit it on fire, then went on a spree afterwards. Killed at least two or three others, then cops killed him at the Santa Monica College campus.

Blowback will be interesting. CA has all assault rifle owners register, plus Frankenfeinstein lead the charge on the AWB. Could affect prices again.

Doubtful, if anything it only demonstrates the uselessness of the gun control measures (similar to the ones currently in California) proposed by she-whose-name-will-not-be-spoken...

A legitimate argument could be made that armed, law-abiding citizens could have defended themselves from this criminal and possibly even stopped his killing spree from spreading as far as it did.

Gun control laws don't get rid of illegal guns nor do they disarm criminals.

• Upvote 3

A legitimate argument could be made that armed, law-abiding citizens could have defended themselves from this criminal and possibly even stopped his killing spree from spreading as far as it did.

Sounds a little like this initiative. It provides a free 20GA and defensive shotgun training to law abiding citizens in high crime neighborhoods. Starting now in Houston, they intend for it to spread to numerous other areas over the next few weeks.

If anything the latest shooting emphasizes a need for better mental health program. Reports are that the dude wasn't wired right (banging his head against his neighbor's wall and yelling) and had a history of this as a minor.

Edited by Buddy Spike