Gun Talk

VL-16

Picked this up last night -- Winchester SXP Defender. Looking forward to going out to the woods and blasting some stuff! :rock:

8446975105_a747de8282_c.jpg

Did you find ammo for it too? The local walmart was still pretty well stocked with shotgun ammo and nothing else, and then about 2 weeks ago it was all gone.

Did you find ammo for it too? The local walmart was still pretty well stocked with shotgun ammo and nothing else, and then about 2 weeks ago it was all gone.

Yeah I got a few boxes of #8 target shells for $6.50 / 25, and a couple boxes of 00 Buckshot for $6 / 10. Way less per round than the cheapest 9mm they had in stock, which hurts my brain! This was Gander Mountain BTW.

Yeah I got a few boxes of #8 target shells for $6.50 / 25, and a couple boxes of 00 Buckshot for $6 / 10. Way less per round than the cheapest 9mm they had in stock, which hurts my brain! This was Gander Mountain BTW.

The fact that they had 9mm in stock at all is impressive. Haven't seen any on the shelves in weeks.

The fact that they had 9mm in stock at all is impressive. Haven't seen any on the shelves in weeks.

Yeah but all they had was some Remington super duper target ammo for like $45 a box! No thanks.

They even had regular Blazer 9mm marked up to like $22 / 50, although it was still sold out. Usually that stuff is one of the cheapest around here at $12-13 a box.

BX with gun magazines behind the "Adult reading" blockers they have a the news stand. Trying to confirm the location. Anyone been to HRT BX lately?

Are you talking about the Eglin BX? I was there a few weeks ago and the ONLY thing they had was snap caps lol

Hurlburt BX doesn't sell any firearms as far as I know (please correct me if I'm wrong!)

I'm in the market for a safe upgrade, both in size and quality. Does anyone have experience with Patriot Safe or other recommendations for another premium option. I'd like to get something that's nice enough that I don't have to replace it again.

On the safe topic I just bought one of these

43.jpg

Very nice to keep a quick access home defense pistol secure. It even comes with a cable that I wrapped around the bed frame. Never believed in these things, but I can get into it as fast as I can get into a night stand drawer. Sleeping with a pistol under your pillow is just plain dumb. Had to get one of these when I got my state Foster Care License. Required to keep all guns secure... which is weird, because just like M2 I lost all of my guns and have no idea what happened to them. So why do I need the gun safes?

Almost forgot... I also bought it because it comes with these as well: (PIC REMOVED BY LAME INTERNET CENSORS)

Ok, if you are in a lame squadron that can't handle pictures of awesomeness, it can also come with these:

amish-women-beard-cutting-trialjpg-3aee75b8a609ac3d.jpg

Edited by Butters
  • Upvote 1

M2, I appreciate the NSFW post as much as anyone, but would you move it to another thread? GUN TALK is one I frequently access from work, and I dunno what kind of loggers and spyware big blue has on my machine, but why take the chance?

Quick reminder post from a few years ago, but pertinent in today's environment. On a separate topic, loved this speech to congress.

Edit: KCCO

Edited by HU&W
  • Upvote 1

Another new aquisition yesterday (wife's birthday present)... Ruger LCP. This thing is tiny! It fits her hands a lot better than mine at least

8455083115_6d449f2ed1_c.jpg

Great concealed carry gun, I just could never get over the long trigger pull, feels like a single action Beretta everytime.

Great concealed carry gun, I just could never get over the long trigger pull, feels like a single action Beretta everytime.

I know what you mean... We'll see how we get used to it after some serious shooting. I really liked the feel and especially the trigger of the Sig P238, which is almost as small, but neither of us wanted something with an external safety. I guess that's the tradeoff.