Aviation Continuation Pay (ACP - The Bonus)

Toro

Not 100% sure but leaning towards putting it on my mortage for a rental property. I only have a 3.375% rate but its the highest loan I have so I figure I could pocket an extra $200 per month in interest savings that way.

I thought about doing the 25K per year but I think inflation is bound to creep up and eat away. Did the math and the 1/2 up front made sense for my tax bracket.

Got any ideas?

Women, cars, and booze.

• Upvote 1

50% up front until 20yrs which ends Nov 2021. Just checked my LES, ACP was $104,583.33....I'm guessing something must be pro-rated since I'm only committed until 20YASD- Nov 8 2021 but I can't make the math work to make sense. Heres what I can make work but it assumes pro-rated for FY13 and FY21 and I have been overpaid a year.

Paid $104,583 x 2= $209,166 total ACP = 8 years and 132 days (25k/12 = $2083 bonus per month) ($2083/30 = $69.43 per day on the bonus)

Signed the bonus 27 June 13, new ADSC is 9 Nov 2021 which IF pro rated would = 7 years and 132 days on the bonus.

I can't help but think that 132 days is not coincidence but I thought the if any proration was done I'd be paid for 8 years and 39 days = 202,707.

Did I miss a proration note in the ACP verbiage?

I knew an older dude on the 20+ bonus, he was prorated up until the day of his retirement.

Women, cars, and booze.

And then waste the rest.

I just can't make this "deal" compute in my mind. $225,000 minus taxes in exchange for 10 more years... Your wife could get a job waiting tables part time and make more money than that. I guess it's a good deal if you were staying in anyway. If this was the reason you decided to stay, I suggest you rethink your objectives.

• Upvote 1

Not 100% sure but leaning towards putting it on my mortage for a rental property. I only have a 3.375% rate but its the highest loan I have so I figure I could pocket an extra $200 per month in interest savings that way.

I thought about doing the 25K per year but I think inflation is bound to creep up and eat away. Did the math and the 1/2 up front made sense for my tax bracket.

Got any ideas?

I plan on spending the 50% up front on land for a retirement home. But that all depends on us having a retirement at 20--which you know how that might pan out.

I plan on spending the 50% up front on land for a retirement home. But that all depends on us having a retirement at 20--which you know how that might pan out.

I think we are good for retirement but I expect to be grandfathered in this late.

I think the kicker for the bonus is that most people probably didn't understand that each day they delayed pressing the acceptance button cost them $69.43 per day UNLESS they are one of the few eligible for the full $225 who started UPT Jun 27 02 or later.

I was gong to stay in even without a bonus because my future work-for-myself business plans that do not include the airlines will be made easier with a retirement and healthcare.

This is free money for me so I shouldn't complain too much.

• Upvote 1

I think we are good for retirement but I expect to be grandfathered in this late.

I think the kicker for the bonus is that most people probably didn't understand that each day they delayed pressing the acceptance button cost them $69.43 per day UNLESS they are one of the few eligible for the full $225 who started UPT Jun 27 02 or later.

I was gong to stay in even without a bonus because my future work-for-myself business plans that do not include the airlines will be made easier with a retirement and healthcare.

This is free money for me so I shouldn't complain too much.

Does it go off of the date you applied online on AMS? I am one of those that delayed about 2.5 weeks. No, I didn't think about each day costing me cash either.

Does it go off of the date you applied online on AMS? I am one of those that delayed about 2.5 weeks. No, I didn't think about each day costing me cash either.

Thats how the math worked out for mine..based off the day I clicked the button online. I'm a little pissed because according to what I can figure, the delay in relasing the ACP cost anyone who didn't start UPT after 26 June 2002 $69.43 per day. The website was down 2 days after release....boom goes $140.

In the past, the eligibility date was back dated due to the late release of the message...happened to me many years ago. My anniversary date was in Jan/Feb and the message released in Mar, IIRC. They gave us a grace period to apply and then back-dated to the anniversary date. I did just re-read the PSDM though and noticed that there is no such caveat in the PSDM this time. If your anniversary date was prior to the release of the ARP message then you were losing money because of HAF.

So, yes, it looks like you got screwd by the AF machine and every day you waited past the message being posted you screwed yourself, knowingly or not.

Thats how the math worked out for mine..based off the day I clicked the button online. I'm a little pissed because according to what I can figure, the delay in relasing the ACP cost anyone who didn't start UPT after 26 June 2002 $69.43 per day. The website was down 2 days after release....boom goes $140.

The same goes for dudes whose ASD was between 1 Oct 2012 and the release, since they're limited by 20 YAS but weren't able to sign. For you, di1630, I estimate that cost you about $20K.

-9-

The same goes for dudes whose ASD was between 1 Oct 2012 and the release, since they're limited by 20 YAS but weren't able to sign. For you, di1630, I estimate that cost you about $20K.

-9-

$15,834 to be exact. What a shitshow. I get it, but I just read the ACP and nowhere does it really allude to that. Figured everyone in the same FY would get the same deal, and the ADSC would be the 20 YAS date period in FY21.

Warn the bros if they plan on signing, each day of delay is costing them $$

Edited by di1630

$15,834 to be exact. What a shitshow. I get it, but I just read the ACP and nowehre does it really allude to that.

Yeah that is a joke. I lost close to that much as well. Maybe someone needs to ask Bob about it.

Actually it cost me about 13.6k--Based on a January ASD.

put it on black!!! :beer:

Racist....

$15,834 to be exact. What a shitshow. I get it, but I just read the ACP and nowhere does it really allude to that. Figured everyone in the same FY would get the same deal, and the ADSC would be the 20 YAS date period in FY21.

Warn the bros if they plan on signing, each day of delay is costing them $$

Yeah, I think the AF won this round. They saved a little bit of money, they added some time to some dude/dudettes ADSC since they aren't giving the option to backdate ADSC start dates for those who graduated UPT and were eligible since 1 Oct 12.

Well played AF, well played...

Hey AF, you should try that next year too!

Either way, you guys that got the up front option should be looking to invest that shit! Sure, some hookers here and there, but you can easily double that in about 8 years (the money, not the hookers)...even with conservative investments! I'd be looking into real estate if I got the $125k up front. Slum Lord!

Racist....

Yeah, I think the AF won this round. They saved a little bit of money, they added some time to some dude/dudettes ADSC since they aren't giving the option to backdate ADSC start dates for those who graduated UPT and were eligible since 1 Oct 12.

Well played AF, well played...

Hey AF, you should try that next year too!

Either way, you guys that got the up front option should be looking to invest that shit! Sure, some hookers here and there, but you can easily double that in about 8 years (the money, not the hookers)...even with conservative investments! I'd be looking into real estate if I got the $125k up front. Slum Lord!

I opened a brothel. Hookers plus real estate all in one. Winner, me.

• Upvote 1

Submitted my application on 03-Jul, and still don't have a "built" bonus application to sign. Anybody on here submit after this date and have a built application to sign? Thanks.

Submitted my application on 03-Jul, and still don't have a "built" bonus application to sign. Anybody on here submit after this date and have a built application to sign? Thanks.

8 Jul. No action. Why is the process not automated like the GI Bill TEB?

• Upvote 1

706 eligible. 181 finalized. 70 built awaiting finalization. 160 in the backlog. By the numbers on Bob's voicemail, the overall take rate is 25.6% with the potential of it being 58.2% if the backlog is cleared out and everyone who submitted an application finalizes it.

I tried to search where you said it the first time, but I couldn't find it (or I'm bad at searching). Out of curiosity, why are you against taking it?

You're asking matmacwc, who IIRC applied and was approved for VSP, why he would suggest not taking the bonus? I'm sure if you search a little more you'll find posts where he details his reasoning for not wanting to stay in AD, and much less, take the bonus and be committed to Big Blue for another 5 years.