Jump to content
Guest whairdhugo?

Changing/Switching airframes

Recommended Posts

HU&W    603
23 minutes ago, 1111 said:

Was it a hand flown drop and did the pilot flying get his own ATIS?

ATIS?  Where they're going, they don't need ATIS.  #AFSOC

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hermey    1

 I've seen many classes in my career where only the top 38 guy was truly happy on assignment night and all others felt they failed as they just missed the mark. This program may allow a second chance to those that had bad luck and timing on assignment night (and I'm talking more about the 09-12 classes than the more recent Oprah "fighters for everyone" classes).

This crossflow program is very limited (4 slots) and they will only pull from very high performing officers in and out of the jet in the MAF. Specifically, it looks like they are targeting some of the year groups that had low numbers go to fighters. I agree with others on here that this is likely to increase the 11F numbers for staff or other unwanted bills later.

For the guys that missed their first chance but still hold on to that dream of flying a fighter I say go for it. Even if it's just one Ops tour followed by a staff or whatever other long term plans they have in mind for these dudes. I'm glad some guys might get to cross over to fly their dream plane, and also glad it won't be faipmafiaoffical.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BeerMan    199
16 hours ago, faipmafiaofficial said:

I'm a faip and all so ya I'm biased but I find this very very hard to believe. Especially in regards to 38 FAIPs

16 hours ago, faipmafiaofficial said:

Everybody I've ever asked says the b courses are easy. That's all I'm basing that off of. Maybe they are just full of shit

 

ill bet a bottle if you called up Kelly and Tucson and had them run the DGs you'd get a high percentage of faips

You should immediately stop talking. You're already violating rule #1. Do they teach that in FAIP school?

Edited by BeerMan
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
pawnman    675
2 minutes ago, faipmafiaofficial said:

Lol you showed me

You'll do great in a fighter squadron.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
pilotguy    12
13 minutes ago, faipmafiaofficial said:

Finished #1 in T-6s by a mile and turned down a 38 for literally this very reason. I'll be aight

I will say this is way more common than you think.  I've seen classes where the first 38 goes to the #4 active duty kid. Getting a 38 out of pilot training does not mean you were top of your T-6 class.

 So ya I think this must be the basis of his "must have flown a 38 to cross flow is bullshit" argument.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
YoungnDumb    24
16 minutes ago, faipmafiaofficial said:

Finished #1 in T-6s by a mile and turned down a 38 for literally this very reason. I'll be aight

Good for you, now STFU.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BashiChuni    247
37 minutes ago, faipmafiaofficial said:

Finished #1 in T-6s by a mile and turned down a 38 for literally this very reason. I'll be aight

Lol "by a mile"

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
pawnman    675
42 minutes ago, faipmafiaofficial said:

Finished #1 in T-6s by a mile and turned down a 38 for literally this very reason. I'll be aight

You turned down T-38s to argue with people on the internet?

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kenny Powers    175
I will say this is way more common than you think.  I've seen classes where the first 38 goes to the #4 active duty kid. Getting a 38 out of pilot training does not mean you were top of your T-6 class.
 So ya I think this must be the basis of his "must have flown a 38 to cross flow is bullshit" argument.  


Nobody gives a shit about T-6's except in the UPT world. In fact, nobody gives a shit how you performed in T-38's after assignment night. Most guys get better with time, so if you make it through, continue to work your ass off and you'll have a blast flying fighters.

I can say, with absolute certainty, that how you perform in T-6s has absolutely nothing to do with how you'll perform in a fighter squadron. As Hacker said, at least if a guy flew 38s and graduated, you know he has the potential. If a guy never flew 38s, it's unknown, regardless of if he "finished T6s #1 by a mile."

FAIPmafia turned down 38s. Great. Thanks for doing us fighter guys a solid. But now he's bitching about flying 38s being a requirement, and is pretty sure he's going to be "aight"? YGBSM.



Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
pilotguy    12
14 minutes ago, Kenny Powers said:

 


Nobody gives a shit about T-6's except in the UPT world. In fact, nobody gives a shit how you performed in T-38's after assignment night. Most guys get better with time, so if you make it through, continue to work your ass off and you'll have a blast flying fighters.

I can say, with absolute certainty, that how you perform in T-6s has absolutely nothing to do with how you'll perform in a fighter squadron. As Hacker said, at least if a guy flew 38s and graduated, you know he has the potential. If a guy never flew 38s, it's unknown, regardless of if he "finished T6s #1 by a mile."

FAIPmafia turned down 38s. Great. Thanks for doing us fighter guys a solid. But now he's bitching about flying 38s being a requirement, and is pretty sure he's going to be "aight"? YGBSM.



Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
 

 

The Air Force cares about how you did in T-6s because they won't let you cross flow right now unless you flew a 38 in UPT.  They are disqualifying like 75% the pilot force by that one stipulation alone. He's just saying that lots of guys have the capacity to learn that aren't eligible because of that one rule. 

I get what he's saying but he's still a raging douche about it. 

But it's for what, 8 guys total, right now? So ya requiring that right now isn't bullshit at all that's just stupid

Edited by pilotguy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Duck    852

Finished Middle Third of T-6s. Finished #1 in T-38s. Had I not been at ENJJPT I would not have even gotten a T-38.

Our #1 T-6 guy finished bottom third of T-38s and almost got a UAV.


Sent from my iPhone using Baseops Network Forums

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
pilotguy    12
14 minutes ago, Duck said:

Finished Middle Third of T-6s. Finished #1 in T-38s. Had I not been at ENJJPT I would not have even gotten a T-38.

Our #1 T-6 guy finished bottom third of T-38s and almost got a UAV.


Sent from my iPhone using Baseops Network Forums

Had you not been at ENJJPT you would've not been eligible to cross flow right now then. Crazy

 

A selection process (enjjpt) that happens in college before you lay a finger on a control of an airplane opens doors to people that are closed off to like 75% or whatever of pilots in the Air Force. That's interesting to think about too

Edited by pilotguy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sprkt69    83
2 hours ago, pilotguy said:

The Air Force cares about how you did in T-6s because they won't let you cross flow right now unless you flew a 38 in UPT.  They are disqualifying like 75% the pilot force by that one stipulation alone. He's just saying that lots of guys have the capacity to learn that aren't eligible because of that one rule. 

I get what he's saying but he's still a raging douche about it. 

But it's for what, 8 guys total, right now? So ya requiring that right now isn't bullshit at all that's just stupid

Life is a series of choices, timing and luck. So why are you upset that a choice someone makes closes a door for opportunity?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sprkt69    83
3 hours ago, faipmafiaofficial said:

Finished #1 in T-6s by a mile and turned down a 38 for literally this very reason. I'll be aight

So let me get this straight, you finished #1 in Phase 2 "by a mile" and did so well in Phase 3 you got FAIP'd? Sounds like you nailed it

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
pilotguy    12
Just now, Sprkt69 said:

Life is a series of choices, timing and luck. So why are you upset that a choice someone makes closes a door for opportunity?

I'm not upset haha I'm just now realizing that I should've applied to enjjpt and shoulda tried to fly the 38 even though I don't necessarily want to fly fighters just to keep all options open down the road. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
pilotguy    12
6 minutes ago, faipmafiaofficial said:

Alright after re-reading I've concluded that I'm wrong in basically every part of this. Sounded like a tool as well. My b.  I'll go back to flying my heavies and leave it to the people who know what they are talking about. I don't want people thinking negatively about faips because of me. Carry on

Lol an apology on a message board...that's rare

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
schokie    57

Did faipmafiaofficial delete all his posts? All I see are quoted replies. Kinda takes away the impact of his apology. And here I thought he learned something today. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Seriously    116
14 hours ago, pilotguy said:

Had you not been at ENJJPT you would've not been eligible to cross flow right now then. Crazy

 

A selection process (enjjpt) that happens in college before you lay a finger on a control of an airplane opens doors to people that are closed off to like 75% or whatever of pilots in the Air Force. That's interesting to think about too

Many years ago, someone posted a chart showing each component of the order of merit and correlated to success in pilot training. The only negative correlation (albeit slight) was commander's ranking. The most positive correlation was the BAT/TBAS.

Hopefully, once we get rid of the T-1, ENJPPT won't get any more or less fighters than UPT bases.

Edited by Seriously
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Duck    852

I had a 99 pcsm and a good GPA. Gotta love business school and RateMyProfessors.com. I was also the dumbest guy in my class and finished with the lowest academic ranking out of freaking everyone. Most days I had no clue what my classmates were talking about since they were all nuclear rocket surgeons from the Academy.


Sent from my iPhone using Baseops Network Forums

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
matmacwc    1,093
17 minutes ago, Seriously said:

Many years ago, someone posted a chart showing each component of the order of merit and correlated to success in pilot training. The only negative correlation (albeit slight) was commander's ranking. The most positive correlation was the BAT/TBAS.

Hopefully, once we get rid of the T-1, ENJPPT won't get any more or less fighters than UPT bases.

I was able to help people using commanders ranking and I guess on the flip side lower people on the overall drop list.  It is a valuable tool for SUPT flight commanders, people that haven't been in that position don't realize how powerfull it can be.  You could run the mass score for a week before turning in results to the SQ/CC.  You could really only move around the top couple studs and the bottom couple.  In the end though, you had to answer the mail on what you did to the SQ/CC.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×