Baseops Forums

Wanting to talk about the new upcoming fighter boards. What info do we have for the 5 fighter boards currently up on Bogidope? Oregon, Massachusetts, Indiana, Vermont, New Jersey. 

1. Which bases are allowing visits/rushing?
  2. Anyone know how many people each unit is hiring?
  3. Any of these units only hires from within?

Any other info to add?

Oregon:

1) The 123rd at Portland just hosted two meet and greets on their drill weekends this past November and December. Awesome group of guys in a great location. I'm not sure if they are holding anymore, the emails that were sent out only mentioned those two events. Hit up the POC listed on their wing website or Bogidope, he's a good dude who will try to work with you though.

The 114th in Klamath Falls I believe also allows visits, I'm reaching out right now. They might be a little more flexible since they're obviously more remote. From what I've been looking at (briefly), expect some odd flight times into Medford and then a 1.5 hour drive into Klamath.

2) Last I heard was 3 for the 123rd and 2 for the 114th!!! :rock:

3) I didn't get the impression Portland only hired within but now that I think about it I never specifically asked hah. Either way, there was a bunch of us civilian wannabe's rushing both months.

Hope that helps.

Oh and Massachusetts is having a meet and greet March 1 open to all applicants and the 122nd out of LA is having a board sometime in the near future, if you want to visit contact the POC listed in this thread.

Don't forget Fresno, California. Gonna try to drop by sometime before the board...we'll see. I've heard it was a pretty exclusive squadron but I definitely intend to visit to see what's up.

Also if anyone's heading out to New Orleans for January Drill, let me know!

20 hours ago, SugandeseFighter said:

Wanting to talk about the new upcoming fighter boards. What info do we have for the 5 fighter boards currently up on Bogidope? Oregon, Massachusetts, Indiana, Vermont, New Jersey. 

1. Which bases are allowing visits/rushing?
  2. Anyone know how many people each unit is hiring?
  3. Any of these units only hires from within?

Any other info to add?

Indiana: is not allowing visits due to ops tempo

New Orleans: hires 3 people per board

Will keep everyone updated on whatever comes my way

• Thanks 1

On ‎12‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 1:38 PM, goodflightcowboy said:

Indiana: is not allowing visits due to ops tempo

New Orleans: hires 3 people per board

Will keep everyone updated on whatever comes my way

We might hire more if we get a good group of applicants.  We may hire less if they aren't as strong.  As a general rule we'd like to hire 3-4 per board in Nola, doesn't always work that way. 

13 hours ago, EvilEagle said:

We might hire more if we get a good group of applicants.  We may hire less if they aren't as strong.  As a general rule we'd like to hire 3-4 per board in Nola, doesn't always work that way. 

How many generally show for interviews?

11 hours ago, ayz33 said:

How many generally show for interviews?

We typically have 25-30 for each drill weekend leading up to interviews and we usually try to interview no more than 5 or 6. 

• Upvote 1

Has anyone else received an email from the 181st AS in Fort Worth saying that you would be contacted by the selecting official to set up an interview? It was kind of a bizarre email. Just curious if anyone has heard anything else.

21 hours ago, Spicoli said:

Has anyone else received an email from the 181st AS in Fort Worth saying that you would be contacted by the selecting official to set up an interview? It was kind of a bizarre email. Just curious if anyone has heard anything else.

I received the same around three weeks ago. Haven't heard back yet.

22 hours ago, Spicoli said:

I received the same two weeks ago

44 minutes ago, ayz33 said:

Anyone know Buckley's general hiring schedule? Also any other pertinent information would be cool too

Their past board last spring was the first board they had in 5-6 years IIRC. They also had over 150 applicants. One of the most competitive squadrons to get into and they probably aren't hiring for a long time for UPT.