More Uniform Changes!

Flare

Maybe I missed where someone previously posted this in the two competing uniform change threads, but I am most pissed about the banning of ALL morale patches/tabs! What the fuck?! My squadron just ordered a shit ton of "approved" morale tabs a month ago.

8.3.9. Pen and Pencil Pocket. The pen and pencil pocket cover located on the left sleeve may be removed unless prohibited by MAJCOM supplement or restricted due to safety of flight concerns. If the pen and pencil pocket cover is removed, a morale patch is not authorized on the remaining Velcro.

EDIT: By the way, this is the dude whose name is on the reg:

jones_dd4.jpg

Edited by Gravedigger

Maybe I missed where someone previously posted this in the two competing uniform change threads, but I am most pissed about the banning of ALL morale patches/tabs! What the fuck?! My squadron just ordered a shit ton of "approved" morale tabs a month ago.

Actually, the verbiage on morale patches doesn't seem to have changed. When I looked yesterday, it was all the same as what is quoted in this thread from a few years back...

so if it hasn't stopped us before, why should it stop us from wearing them now? And Friday shirts too for that matter... I really don't think of this as a reg change anymore as much as it is just discrimination against bag-wearers, thus I don't think it's even legit, haha.

Actually, the verbiage on morale patches doesn't seem to have changed. When I looked yesterday, it was all the same as what is quoted in this thread from a few years back...

so if it hasn't stopped us before, why should it stop us from wearing them now? And Friday shirts too for that matter... I really don't think of this as a reg change anymore as much as it is just discrimination against bag-wearers, thus I don't think it's even legit, haha.

Ahhh sooo, I am a space guy (whether or not we should wear flightsuits is an entirely different story). I was remembering the verbiage from the AFSPC supplement, I thought it was from the AFI.

Add-on Patches (Optional). Add-on patches will be authorized at the discretion of and approved by the installation commander. If authorized, patches will be 1 x 2 or ¾ x 1¾ inches with a background and embroidered letters and/or numerals and border

matching the unit nametag. Subdued patches will be olive drab background and embroidered black letters and/or numerals and border. Patches will be in good taste and represent the unit's mission, crew/alert/flying numerical milestones or identify instructor/evaluator positions. It

will only be worn on the pen pocket flap Velcro when the flap is removed. EXCEPTION: Crew/alert/flying milestones may be attached to the top of the MAJCOM emblem, if attached they will be blue background and embroidered gold letters and/or numerals and borders. Appropriated funds may only be used to purchase add-on Patches if directed to wear by the installation commander.

Oh well, either way, there's no way I'm not wearing my patch.

Ahhh sooo, I am a space guy (whether or not we should wear flightsuits is an entirely different story). I was remembering the verbiage from the AFSPC supplement, I thought it was from the AFI.

Oh well, either way, there's no way I'm not wearing my patch.

you might be right. I realize now that what's stayed the same was the verbiage about "morale patches", but I can't say for sure that what you quoted about "pen cover area" isn't new. Also, the add-on patches can be approved part is still in there but took out the pen flap velcro section.

So it seems like before it was contradictory, now it's not... again, pointless and it shouldn't stop anyone. It looks better than open velcro anyway. It's just jealousy.

My simple answer to the no pen tab patches is simple: it's a memorial to a friend who gave his life in defense of our nation. Then walk away.

Except for the guys who actually wear patches for that exact reason. Thanks for playing.

I just want my landing fees back. No reason to pay for a friday shirt I'll never get to wear.

• Downvote 10

Our DO briefed us this morning to continue wearing the shirts/tabs. He said to leave it up them to ask for forgiveness later should the need arise. :beer:

Edit for grammar.

Edited by Whitty

Our squadron is now jumping to be the first on base to have puke green "morale" shirts. We were told the wing commander would crucify anyone caught wearing a colored Friday shirt. For F^ck's sake people we just lost the war on terror because Jim Bob wore a blue t-shirt.

tumblr_l8v0seIoDQ1qdoghio1_500.png

Our DO briefed us this morning to continue wearing the shirts/tabs. He said to leave it up them to ask for forgiveness later should the need arise. :beer:

Edit for grammar.

That's awesome. Hopefully other squadrons follow suit.

Our squadron has heritage patches that we wear instead of the squadron patch on Fridays. Haven't gotten anything but positive comments even from higher leadership. Hopefully the morale patch rule will continue to be selectively enforced at the same rate as the "hat pocket must be zipped" rule. I've never zipped that damn thing closed probably ever.

Our squadron is now jumping to be the first on base to have puke green "morale" shirts. We were told the wing commander would crucify anyone caught wearing a colored Friday shirt. For F^ck's sake people we just lost the war on terror because Jim Bob wore a blue t-shirt.

That does not surprise me at all coming from that base. To bad the next wing/cc there wont be any better. I would love to see those puke green shirts though.

Like this?

robin_olds_manions_auction_kc.jpg

This is disgusting...

1. Wearing a cover on the flight line.

2. Wrinkled cover

3. Long mustache

4. Poppep collard

5. No undershirt visual. It's probably black anyway.

6. A red pen?!?

7. Rolled up sleeves.

This makes me sick.

Just realized something... aren't there beaches in Hawaii and other places with black sand? So a "sand-colored" t-shirt could be black, right?

• Upvote 1

Wait for it. It's only a matter of time....

Post-defecation Rectal Hygiene (Wiping). Upon completion of bowel movement duties, Airmen will thoroughly clean the rectum and surrounding areas. Cleaning materials are limited to the Standardized Air Force Rectal Sanitation Paper (SAFRSP). The Joint Service Post-Defecation Cleaning Tissue (JSPDCT) may be used in lieu of the SAFRSP until 31 October 2011. Compliant SAFRSP or JSPDCT rolls must be white, single-ply, unscented, non-absorbent, and of sandpaper texture. Ultra-soft, multi-ply, and papers with Aloe Vera are not authorized. Moistened cloths, such as baby wipes, are strictly forbidden. Within the continental United States, authorized paper rolls will be stored on the centerline of the stall, slightly to the toilet’s right. When inside a combat theater, paper rolls may be stored in appropriate locations as determined by the installation commander. When utilizing the above outlined paper, Airmen will conduct a front to back “sweeping” motion to remove any associated debris. Airmen are limited to two (2) feet of paper (approximately 6 squares) per cycle.

• Upvote 8

Fuckin' A.

Now you owe it to him to not be an idiot in the jet (or addtnl duties) so he can let your performance speak for itself.

"Sir, as you well know, my guys are busy kicking ass at everything they do. I didn't think you wnated me to distract them with something as silly as the color of their underwear."

Unfortunately I cannot say the same sentiment was placed at my base. I knew it was a queepy one to start with. In fact, they've been sure to re-hash the new regs several times.

I propose a few solutions to this problem:

1. A petition with as many aircrew members as we can from all bases claiming the reg serves no purpose but discrimination against them all for the only purpose of lowering their morale.

2. A " 'Staches for Patches" campaign where we get all Pilots/Navs to grow out mustaches until they realize we'll always find a way to thwart them and give in and give us back our regs.

3. An all aircrew AAFES boycott (Bx, Comissary, Gas stations, class six and base restaurants) until the point that this does affect a lot of us in a useless way that only degrades morale is noticed and they give us back our Friday T-shirts. I think we could hit their wallets deep enough that people would notice.

All completely legal ways of saying "Stop fucking with us".

Mad Dog - 2 ... sts

AEWingsMN - I believe they are cutting the commissary right now anyways...so I don't think they will care, it will save them cash (I believe there is a bill on the house floor right now trying to get rid of them)

Unfortunately I cannot say the same sentiment was placed at my base. I knew it was a queepy one to start with. In fact, they've been sure to re-hash the new regs several times.

I propose a few solutions to this problem:

1. A petition with as many aircrew members as we can from all bases claiming the reg serves no purpose but discrimination against them all for the only purpose of lowering their morale.

2. A " 'Staches for Patches" campaign where we get all Pilots/Navs to grow out mustaches until they realize we'll always find a way to thwart them and give in and give us back our regs.

3. An all aircrew AAFES boycott (Bx, Comissary, Gas stations, class six and base restaurants) until the point that this does affect a lot of us in a useless way that only degrades morale is noticed and they give us back our Friday T-shirts. I think we could hit their wallets deep enough that people would notice.

All completely legal ways of saying "Stop ######ing with us".

2's in.