Sign in to follow this  
spit21fire

Flight Evaluation Board (FEB)

ThreeHoler    413
1 hour ago, Truman08 said:

Couldn't agree with you more. The 99% part I was referring to was the willful disregard for following T.O.  I'm still of the mindset, as Prozac eluded to, as long as no metal was bent and everybody came home with 10 fingers/toes, just open up discussion about what happened. We've used both programs for years to start up "there i was" stories during our Hangar Fly sessions. That said, when it comes to the information taken from these two programs, I don't trust Big AF and the MAF leadership. I've seen far too many dudes get taken out just so an example can be made of them without the CC having to potentially sacrifice their career over the incident. That may be an issue at the Sq level depending on who your CC is, but I feel like upper level leadership gets word of things that are reported through ASAP/MFOQA and go on a witch hunt. 

In AMC, if the info from an ASAP is used for any action "against" the crew...it will be dealt with swiftly (against the abuser of ASAP information).

If the crew is dumb and also fills out an AMC Form 97 that lists details beyond "X happened answered took the appropriate actions. Damage Y/N, injuries Y/N"...well that piece of shit form is NOT privileged. Ever.

The worst I personally saw was a dumbass Wing SEF compare the ASAP and Form 97. One word was different between the two and he wanted to crucify the crew at Wing standup.

I have seen witch hunts from Forms 97. I have squashed the hunt every time I was anywhere in the chain responsible for the individual. Including the above Wing incident as soon as I heard about it.

Some of us do truly care about Just Safety Culture.

• Upvote 1

Danger41    322

Sounds like "deny, deny, deny, counter-accuse, demand an apology" is in order? Or don't go to AMC?

dream big    129
4 hours ago, Danger41 said:

Sounds like "deny, deny, deny, counter-accuse, demand an apology" is in order? Or don't go to AMC?

See the "how can I get a fighter" UPT threads..

GypsyGhost    7
On 8/6/2017 at 4:30 PM, Hacker said:

That's what my entire post was discussing -- what your options are going forward.  At this point, there aren't many that are going to get you back in the saddle with your current organization (e.g. the AF Reserves, apparently).

Other services aren't going to be interested in you flying with this kind of baggage, regardless.  I know guys who have been cleared by their FEBs, yet grounded by 4-star leadership anyway, and could not get hired by guard/reserve units at all, much less in an aviation job.

The decision to convene an FEB is an administrative process, and one in which you don't have any "right" of recourse, so the idea that there's "prejudicial material" involved makes no difference.  The IG and the BCMR will answer that argument by saying, "it was within the Commander's authority to make the decision he did," and that will be the end of it, unfortunately.

If you want to fight it with the IG or the BCMR, go for it...but be prepared to get no satisfaction, and get on with moving on in your professional career and life.

Honestly was my choice not theirs I pretty much requested it myself because it was the only way I was going to continue to fly and honestly the truth they needed to come forward about the whole situation

SurelySerious    416
2 minutes ago, GypsyGhost said:

Honestly was my choice not theirs I pretty much requested it myself because it was the only way I was going to continue to fly and honestly the truth they needed to come forward about the whole situation

I was curious whether Google Translate would be able to detect this incoherent smattering of words as English. I'll be damned, it did. 

• Upvote 3

ihtfp06    291

I'm starting to wonder if GypsyGhost is just another General Chang troll alter ego.  Are FEBs published?  Can anyone track down a corroborating story?

Azimuth    353
3 hours ago, ihtfp06 said:

I'm starting to wonder if GypsyGhost is just another General Chang troll alter ego.  Are FEBs published?  Can anyone track down a corroborating story?

They're administrative, so normally closed to the public unlike court martials.  You might be able to FOIA request it..