Air to Air Photos of Military Aircraft

Helitac

Missile security and support is our primary gig. The civil-SAR mission is an additional mission that we perform for the MT-ID-WY area. Granted its the most challenging/rewarding/sought after mission that we do, but it's still secondary.

Do you guys deploy? And can you arm up meaning put the guns on the UH-1N (M-60 in the doors, etc.)? Or are you just plain Jane Slicks?

Do you guys deploy? And can you arm up meaning put the guns on the UH-1N (M-60 in the doors, etc.)? Or are you just plain Jane Slicks?

We only deploy as Mi-17 advisors. No we do not have guns on the helicopters. Although AFGSC has enough to guns and mounts all three units, they position is that the risk outweighs the benefits (which is a whole other story).

What did the counter-offensive consist of?

The Tigers took the TS shred bits (basically like powder) and covered the floor of their squadron with it, then dumped 12 cases (yes, cases) of honey roasted peanuts on top and stomped around on it. (yes, this is a bit odd, but it'll do) Also, their cc's room got jacked with; someone we know makes noise makers that are light sensitive. Much much more was in the works until the truce was called.

Oh yeah, the Tigers make a picture of a tiger humping engine #3 from behind. They animated it. And put it in the wing slide show. (golf clap)

• Upvote 1

...covered the floor of their squadron with it, then dumped 12 cases (yes, cases) of honey roasted peanuts on top and stomped around on it. (yes, this is a bit odd, but it'll do) Also, their cc's room got jacked with...

Pretty slick considering they managed to elude the ADO, intel guy, bus drivers, and the stepping/returning crews. Must've been during the midnight food push to Roy's. I place the blame squarely on the ADO!

Unfortunately for everyone, boom operators will always have the last laugh. They're they only ones willing to involve fecal matter.

• 1 month later...

And it has been for the better part of a year...

I also believe I'm in the pilot seat for one of those pics and no I did not give my tail number

cheers :beer:

We had a brand new boom on that flight. I tell him to always try and read it from the jet and only if he can't to ask...doesn't always work out though.

And PM me your email and I'll send you higher quality if you'd like. These were taken about a month ago.

EDIT: to add this buzzkill, that picture is ripped off of Greg L Davis (unless you're him) and his website http://focalplaneimagery.smugmug.com/ some great A2A pics on there of other stuff too.

I'm not that guy. I just pulled it off the web. That is my squadron though and those T6B photos are all over the squadron. I wonder if we have permission to use them. Thanks for the website, I think I'm going to E-mail him and ask.