B-1 crash

stract

Glad to hear the seats still work. At least Powder River MOA is close to home.

All four of the crew members ejected from the plane and survived the crash; officials believe all injuries sustained by the crew members to be minor.

Happy to hear it!

Since all players are safe, I can ask this question: If all the dudes on a B-1 punch safely, does that mean AFE gets four kegs? Or are they going to be cheap and split one barrel four ways?

Those guys don't have hair on their ass if they buy anything less than 4, real glad to hear everyone got out ok.

• Upvote 3

Yes. We had this discussion about a month ago, next time I see the weekly CSAF slide I'll post data here. I think we've now exceeded FY12 for mishap rate, destroyed aircraft, and fatalities. Not good.

Anyone else concerned about the health of the fleet? Awful lot of class As been happening Air Force wide.

While I share your sentiments, I actually have not tracked down mishap rates for recent years. If my brain hasnt completely checked out for the day, I do believe the historical class A rate for the USAF is ~2 per 100k flight hours and has been that way since about the 1970s. Not sure where we're at over the last two or three years, but I can list quite a few class As just off the top of my head, as I'm sure many of us can.

Anyone else concerned about the health of the fleet? Awful lot of class As been happening Air Force wide.

Maybe but the Class A's that come to mind haven't been attributed to worn out aircraft (that I've read, I admittedly don't know the whole story on 2...plus this one now)