FY 14 Force Management Program (RIF, VSP, TERA)

AOF_ATC

If you have a UPT ADSC it's time to give up the ghost....the rejection notes from all those denied say its specifically for UPT ADSC and therefore ineligible...if they then process other apps with UPT ADSC and approve them, the people that got denied have a whole hell of a lot of ammo..

tunes, don't let your readiness to file an IG complaint prevent someone else from applying because you think it's pointless. You don't have all the information. I have a UPT ADSC and I haven't been denied yet. I'm betting my ADSC expires before yours does.

Getting frustrated as F with this process. Mine has said CC COORD COMPLETE since 30 Jan but no status change since then. I see other put in some batch processing hold and shit and now they ate being validated while mine seems to still be collecting dust. Send an email no reply. Call TFSC and they can't actually do anything and no responding r&s. I know they are slammed but I feel like I'm getting the fn Heisman here. Another guy in my unit is in the exact same boat. This is a huge cluster.

No I have not mentioned it since we were given the word by our CC Thursday afternoon to reapply if you were denied.

I'm at a Guard base and we're getting zero info from leadership, but the TFSC said this afternoon that there has been no change to UPT ADSC waiver guidance. Also, the JQP facebook is for everyone, not just 11Ms. I hate to jump the gun and walk away from the cash by applying for PC, but I'm starting to feel like big blue isn't going to pay us to walk when we've shown we'll do it for free. My 365 isn't being put on hold while the AF gets their shit in one sock.

On Fri/7th, my TERA status changed to "FM-Validation Complete." Called the AFPC hotline and the guy said my app has been checked and rechecked and is in the approve pile (I'm not holding my breath). He went on further to say that now AFPC is waiting on guidance from HAF on how many to actually let go.

I take all this with a grain of salt, considering the folks answering the phone at AFPC (hotline) are typically less than informed. I've found I usually know more about the content of the PSDMs than they do. Here's hoping for movement soon!

All-pls continue posting your VSP and TERA status changes/movement. If AFPC won't keep us informed, let's keep each other informed.

tunes, don't let your readiness to file an IG complaint prevent someone else from applying because you think it's pointless. You don't have all the information. I have a UPT ADSC and I haven't been denied yet. I'm betting my ADSC expires before yours does.

don't worry, your time will come. I'm all for people applying....and i wish everyone got approved. It's just I don't want these people getting their hopes up since they haven't been denied yet. You probably do have less than me...but there were 2 guys at my base with under 10 months of UPT ADSC left that got the first batch of denials right along with me.

Edited by tunes

don't worry, your time will come. I'm all for people applying....and i wish everyone got approved. It's just I don't want these people getting their hopes up since they haven't been denied yet. You probably do have less than me...but there were 2 guys at my base with under 10 months of UPT ADSC left that got the first batch of denials right along with me.

I'm an '05 11M that was in a UPT class full of '04 grads (i.e. I have a shorter ADSC than nearly everyone in my year group) and I was denied along with you.

Things might change if SecAF grants the waiver authority, but until then, you're right. Currently, I don't think AFPC or even CSAF have the statutory authority to waive UPT ADSCs.

(i.e. I have a shorter ADSC than nearly everyone in my year group)

I think you are trying to say that you have an ADSC that will be completed before most other pilots in your same year group. Everyone receives the same 10 year ADSC for UPT...yours wouldn't the shorter or longer.

• Downvote 3

Things might change if SecAF grants the waiver authority, but until then, you're right. Currently, I don't think AFPC or even CSAF have the statutory authority to waive UPT ADSCs.

You think the roadblock is the SecAF? Really?

Like someone else in this thread said, it would take one phone call to get this authority if AFPC actually knew how many pilots it can cut.

I'm an '05 11M that was in a UPT class full of '04 grads (i.e. I have a shorter ADSC than nearly everyone in my year group) and I was denied along with you.

What do you even base that off of. How would CSAF not have waiver authority? That makes zero sense.

What do you even base that off of. How would CSAF not have waiver authority? That makes zero sense.

Well since you seem to think you are the expert on this entire process, why don't you tell us who does have the waiver authority. Easy for you to sit there and say something makes zero sense when you aren't willing to back it up with any proof that the person is wrong.

You think the roadblock is the SecAF? Really?

Like someone else in this thread said, it would take one phone call to get this authority if AFPC actually knew how many pilots it can cut.

I think SecAF is considering it. The conversation and paperwork are trivial. Actually approving it is a significant decision given that billions of training dollars would be walking out the door. It seems that a new political appointee might not want to have that decision on her record if there's a pilot shortage in five years.

That training cost is already spent. The current budget issue is that we're overmanned and we can't spend that extra O&M money on payroll.

Either we're overmanned in those year groups, or we aren't. It doesn't matter what the training cost was.

• Upvote 1

That training cost is already spent. The current budget issue is that we're overmanned and we can't spend that extra O&M money on payroll.

Either we're overmanned in those year groups, or we aren't. It doesn't matter what the training cost was.

Finally someone that isn't a negative Nancy. People at Altus are also putting in again for VSP that were previously denied after CSAF spoke to them. What do you have to loose?

If the SECAF says no to pilots with ADSC then oh well, however if Air Staff says yes then those people that reapplied will be very happy they did.

I don't think it has anything to do with how long your ADSC is and has everything to do with when you submitted your application. I have people in my unit that put in for the VSP days after me who have longer ADSC's remaining yet theirs has not been denied, but mine has.

I got mine in 6min after the window opened and know others that have been denied that got theirs in right after the window opened also. My gut feeling is AFPC made a knee jerk reaction and started disapproving anyone with a remaining UPT ADSC starting with the first that applied and in that order and then they realized how long it was going to take and decided to standby on rejecting anymore until they got official word as to whether they even had to reject them or not.

If this is the case and they do get approval to waive UPT ADSC's and they all of a sudden start approving people with applications still remaining in the system and over the guys that originally had gotten their apps in first then we are looking at a huge IG complaint.

I'd be curious to hear when everyone got their application in that has already been denied. Like I said I got mine in at 0006CST on the 6th of February. Let's hear everyone's else's submission date/time and if you have been denied or not...

I know a couple of guys who submitted within the first 6-9 minutes (not STS) after midnight. Neither has been denied. I finally got mine in around 9 am CST. Still not denied. They better hurry up and deny me, as I want to get that Palace Chase app in.