FY 14 Force Management Program (RIF, VSP, TERA)

AOF_ATC

Not sure what my favorite part of this email is. First they try to act like this delay is for our benefit:

This delay will also allow Airmen and

their Senior Raters more time to concentrate on Retention Recommendation Forms

and other actions required for the Enlisted Retention Boards, Enhanced SERB,

and Force Shaping Board.

Then they straight up admit that they don't know what they're doing yet:

4. PSDM 13-130, FY14 Officer Reduction in Force (RIF) Board, will be

rescinded and a new PSDM will be published in the near future once board

details have been determined.

As Carolla says, I'm done being on this retarded merry go round. VSP, PC, RIF. Whatever. Just GMTFO.

So where does it say that they are "blanket returning" applications made by 11X's with ADSC's still left? I read that to say you can leave your application in and we will review it on 3 Mar 14, but if you aren't sure you really want to VSP because you are not sure you will be on the RIF or not then feel free to withdraw your VSP application. What am I missing?

So where does it say that they are "blanket returning" applications made by 11X's with ADSC's still left? I read that to say you can leave your application in and we will review it on 3 Mar 14, but if you aren't sure you really want to VSP because you are not sure you will be on the RIF or not then feel free to withdraw your VSP application. What am I missing?

also what I got out of it....hopefully it stays that way....

It is from the AFPC Field Message org box that was sent out via email. It's the exact same one ThreeHoler quoted a page or two back.

Edited by Fifty-six & Two

Just received an e-mail from AFPC confirming that my VSP application had been denied due to remaining ADSC. Filing my complaint with the IG tomorrow and possibly writing my Congressman a letter. AFPC = the biggest bunch of ass clowns in the Air Force.

Edited by FLY6584
  • Upvote 2

^^^^^Is this even English? I wouldn't trust anything from AFPC right now (or ever, really with their track record over the last 3 years). I'd wait for a complete re-release of 13-130 before I plan anything, or even think about Force Management.

AFPC should take your advice and basically just "plan anything and think about Force Management" before "re-releasing 13-130" amendment 6 to change 9.

All I can do is shake my head in disbelief...

this....i return next month...my PC application will be in before the new RIF PSDM is released.....assuming the above is true about them kicking them all back.

those of us in the MC-12 community just got this gem from APC after they changed our core IDs from 11M to 11R

latest guidance from AFPC "You will be in the 11R bucket (E-3, E8, RJ)..a return to MAF is unlikely"

I noticed my core flag had changed from "11M" to "11R" on my SURF the other day. It still shows "HB" as my RDTM though...which corresponds to "11MXB" (C-130E/H).

Quasi interesting reading on pilot manning (a bit dated, but this is a very complicated problem that will take centuries to solve, never mind the decades we've been dealing with it):

http://www.rand.org/content/dam/rand/pubs/monograph_reports/MR1550/MR1550.ch4.pdf

The above document briefly touches on the origins of the RDTM system, but AFI 11-412, Flying Operations Aircrew Management, is the implementation document. It describes the RDTM as, "Rated officers are uniquely identified by their RDTM Code (Table 6.2) for the purposes of inventory management." No where in the document is Core ID referred to. The document is clearly a simple read and it's amazing that it can't be implemented effectively to avoid manning issues from occurring. Simple, simple indeed...

I was told, once upon a time, that the RDTM code was how your functional at AFPC was assigned. I can't vouch for any shred of truth to that statement, even years later, but if it were true, then changing one's "Core ID" would have no implication other than allowing one to be clumped into this "blue" box rather than that "blue" box. EDIT: VSP Matrix shows "11X and 12X eligibility is determined by an officer's RDTM Code", so it's not based on Core ID either.

While I have no interest in VSP, nor does the RIF concern me, the amount of ambivalence this is seemingly being addressed with is astounding to me. Maybe we should find a general to put in charge of AFPC that believes a priority of the center is to know how many people we have, what they are doing, then working with others to determine what we need. I would think this should be a 24/7/365 task for a personnel center, not something we struggle through when we're told we need to address end strength issues.

I honestly empathize for all of you that give a fuck about this; sounds tough.

Bendy

Edited by Bender

got my denial....eligible on every matrix and overage on rif matrix.

Your request to separate is being returned disapproved as you are currently ineligible for the FY14 Officer Voluntary Separation Pay (VSP) program. Based on current delegated authorities, officers with ADSCs not listed as waiverable in PSDM 13-65, FY14 Officer Voluntary Force Management are not eligible for this program. Please continue to monitor the myPers website for announcements that could affect your eligibility. If the eligibility is expanded, you may reapply for VSP before the FY14 VSP window closes

Also got my denial....also eligible for everything according to the guidance. Sounds like everyone will get their denial if you have any UPT commitment and we can all agree that it's bullshit. However for the people talking about an IG complaint...this sounds very familiar to last time. I am wondering if anything actually changed or came out of the IG complaints last time around? Because it doesn't seem like it did anything. What is your goal for an IG complaint in this situation?

Catbox, I'm a 98 11R passed over O-4. At KOFF we've already had a few guys denied, but the reasons given haven't made any sense. As passed over, we're supposed to be eligible and AFPC confirmed eligibility, but then denied claiming they were not eligible. Was told one guy called, talked to someone there, and got put back in the pool to get looked at again. Who knows at this point? Doubt the folks at AFPC even know.

Any other TERA denials? Approvals?

Any other TERA denials? Approvals?

Major in my sq got denied TERA because he was in an AEF bucket, BS he's an Enabler, and the other stated reason was ADSC for a Safety School that was canceled months ago. He is fighting big blue right now, I will update if I hear anything.

Major in my sq got denied TERA because he was in an AEF bucket, BS he's an Enabler, and the other stated reason was ADSC for a Safety School that was canceled months ago. He is fighting big blue right now, I will update if I hear anything.

Wait.. What? There's an ADSC for a 4 week course?

-9-

There's no ADSC for AMIC/ASPM. Yeah, IP school is a short course, but it costs a bit more than 4 weeks of classroom instruction, so it makes sense that there is an associated ADSC. Although there was no ADSC for my AC upgrade...

This brings back the question, why list overages and make certain boxes blue when you know that all of those people have to have a UPT ADSC still? This is the most fraudulent they have ever been.

Let's not give AFPC too much credit here. Fraudulence would imply some level of competence on their part.

• Upvote 1

http://www.af.mil/News/ArticleDisplay/tabid/223/Article/473377/af-announces-change-to-reduction-in-force-board-schedule.aspx

"Changes to the scheduled RIF board date will result in changes to the eligible population. Some officers initially eligible to meet the June board will no longer be eligible as adjustments are made to year groups. Likewise, some officers who were not initially RIF eligible could now be eligible."

Nice, another 12 months of uncertainty. This whole thing is dragging into 2015 and it will probably change a couple of more times along the way.

http://www.af.mil/News/ArticleDisplay/tabid/223/Article/473377/af-announces-change-to-reduction-in-force-board-schedule.aspx

"Changes to the scheduled RIF board date will result in changes to the eligible population. Some officers initially eligible to meet the June board will no longer be eligible as adjustments are made to year groups. Likewise, some officers who were not initially RIF eligible could now be eligible."

Nice, another 12 months of uncertainty. This whole thing is dragging into 2015 and it will probably change a couple of more times along the way.

Well it looks like the VSP matrix is unchanged, the RIF matrix has been removed from mypers.

Odds on the expiration date for the latest change?