Report Slams Military's Recent Camouflage Uniforms

GearDownNoGreen

I'm sure the view that airpower is a support function maybe also contributed just a little. Seriously, some of the crap I've heard from Army dudes about airpower sounds like its straight from 1939.

Ummm, right. Airpower IS a support function 99% of the time. Maybe 99.9% of the last 12 years...

• Upvote 1

Ummm, right. Airpower IS a support function 99% of the time. Maybe 99.9% of the last 12 years...

I guess that depends on how you define support. If you think 99.9% of sorties are being flown in support of a dude physically located on the ground you are completely wrong. Most missions I fly aren't in support of ground forces anymore, and that's changed over the course of the past 10 years as we pull back from certain areas and attempt to influence others without introducing friendlies on the ground.

I guess that depends on how you define support. If you think 99.9% of sorties are being flown in support of a dude physically located on the ground you are completely wrong. Most missions I fly aren't in support of ground forces anymore, and that's changed over the course of the past 10 years as we pull back from certain areas and attempt to influence others without introducing friendlies on the ground.

Part of that Strategery!

I got sergeant majored while at bagram wearing the OCP two piece. I (think) I was actually wearing it correctly, but he didn't realize there are differences in how to wear the ground uni vs the flight suit.

Everyone going to the same uniform isn't all rainbows and unicorns....

You know airborne "patches" (as in the parachutist wings) go on the chest, right? Unless you are talking about the airborne tab above some unit patches, indicating that it is an airborne unit and not that the individual wearing it is a paratrooper.

I can just hear the nonner shoe clerks now: "but, but, we are all Airmen, why do THEY get to wear wings? What makes them so special?"

Yes, I'm aware - badges on chest. Copy - Was referring to the unit patches like you mentioned - my foul on that one for not being clear. Again - maybe I'm havent been around long enough, but the thing I was excited about was being a brotherhood to get the mission done. Drinking to much coolaid probably

Okay, so explain what meets your criteria for wearing a badge on your uniform. Some people deserve to get attention for what they do and others not?

After 9+ years of wearing some sort of aeronautical badge on my uniform, I decided to continue that, so yes I had an extra piece of Velcro sewn on my uniform. Felt wrong without it, kind of like flying without a coin. Call me superstitious.

I was just simply stating that I don't care enough to go to another place to get a piece of velcro sewed on. Call it lazy - whatever. I was wondering if it was the consequence of an infamous chiefing incident and where it started. Seems like a lot of other guys that are downrange don't have wings on their uniforms - so I figured that we wouldn't be any different.

And moral of the story was that we weren't 100% standardized, no one cared, and the mission got hacked. Call it a victory for common sense.

Agreed

I can just hear the nonner shoe clerks now: "but, but, we are all Airmen, why do THEY get to wear wings? What makes them so special?"

That's why we have Comm Wings now.

Maybe we should just make EVERYONE wear a flightsuit. Wouldn't that be awesome?

You might not like who you are supporting, but you are still supporting someone.

You might not like who you are supporting, but you are still supporting someone.

Is this one if those ethereal 'everyone supports someone' statements? Copy, we all support national objectives. But 'supporting force' implies the presence of a supported force; as we expand our geographic presence often we directly execute objectives with air power rather than using air power to support others executing objectives. It's kind of cool to see USAF aircraft influencing regions independent of other services.

But... But... It has so many more places to put your pens!!!

Sure... but then you can't bend your arm without clicking it open or you forget the ones on your leg until you notice the huge ink stain as you pull it out of the dryer.

• Upvote 1