F-16 down at Hill AFB

I could give two shits about the airplanes if the crews are okay,...

Well you probably should.

1. These are national assets, and vital to our national interests.

2. They cost a ton of money... something we don't have much anymore as a nation.

These are not disposable resources.

I feel an AF wide safety day coming. Glad to hear he ejected safely!

Beale is having theirs this Thursday... except for the MC-12 squadron, since they cannot afford to stop flying.

Edited by Huggyu2

Beale is having theirs this Thursday... except for the MC-12 squadron, since they cannot afford to stop flying.

So just who exactly is involved in the safety day? Finance, MPF, the med group? Because we all know they need it the most out of anyone :banghead:

Glad to here the pilot is ok.

So just who exactly is involved in the safety day? Finance, MPF, the med group? Because we all know they need it the most out of anyone :banghead:

Glad to here the pilot is ok.

Well, over hear at Beale, we also have the U-2, T-38, and RQ-4.

So... I guess that that's who exactly is involved in safety day hear.

• Upvote 1

PT shirts untucked at the gym, unruly mustaches, lack of reflective belts after dusk - it was only a matter of time...

Joking aside... Maybe our fighter pilots should be focusing more so on flying rather than dividing up their time between additional duties and a worthless online masters from Embry Ridiculous. Oh wait they can't if they want to stay in past major.

• Upvote 1

Well you probably should.

1. These are national assets, and vital to our national interests.

2. They cost a ton of money... something we don't have much anymore as a nation.

These are not disposable resources.

The crews flying them are irreplaceable national assests. You can go to DM, knock the cob webs out of an old Lawn Dart/Strike Eagle/whatever, and have a new jet on the ramp in about a week. (I realize I'm trivializing the process of replacing jets, but I know you get the point).

Joking aside... Maybe our fighter pilots should be focusing more so on flying rather than dividing up their time between additional duties and a worthless online masters from Embry Ridiculous. Oh wait they can't if they want to stay in past captain.

FIFY

The crews flying them are irreplaceable national assests.

Though I wish that were the case,... we have armed guards and line badges to get near the aircraft.

Getting near the crews? Not such a big deal. Yeah, yeah... that's not a great analogy.

But we've got plenty of SF troops out there that might be required to take a bullet to keep the "asset" safe.

Their life, while valuable, is considered ok to put at risk to preserve the asset.

And try this litmus test:

Go crash four F-22's in a week with four successful ejections.

The following week, have four F-22 Captains killed in separate off-duty accidents.

Which one will have Congress' attention?

Edited by Huggyu2
  • Upvote 1

Though I wish that were the case,... we have armed guards and line badges to get near the aircraft.

Getting near the crews? Not such a big deal. Yeah, yeah... that's not a great analogy.

But we've got plenty of SF troops out there that might be required to take a bullet to keep the "asset" safe.

Their life, while valuable, is considered ok to put at risk to preserve the asset.

And try this litmus test:

Go crash four F-22's in a week with four successful ejections.

The following week, have four F-22 Captains killed in separate off-duty accidents.

Which one will have Congress' attention?

Valid points.

• 4 months later...