US Aircraft Crashes in Djibouti, Four Fatalities

skinny

Now I'm even more confused. What if I actually am in 6 degrees of bank? And how do I recover? Can I even recover for that type of extreme unusual attitude?

You DO know there are such things as airplanes capable of operating in conditions other than day VMC without declaring an emergency, right?

IMC

http://en.wikipedia....nt_flight_rules

Yeah. IMC would have made more sense, but IFR does too. Quit quibbling.

Wait, what?

Now I'm even more confused. What if I actually am in 6 degrees of bank? And how do I recover? Can I even recover for that type of extreme unusual attitude?

Is there any way you could whip out a 69 slide ppt deck for me to study on this? That would be great.

Aren't there some kids on your lawn

3331414_o.gif

Edited by BQZip01

Ditch your opinion on this forum about this subject.

Roger, ditching my "opinion".

"The crash investigators’ evidence was sparse: “With no eyewitness accounts, surviving aircrew members, emergency radio calls or `black box’ recordings, the specific reason for the spatial disorientation cannot be determined,” the investigation said. The only personnel who participated in the pre-flight briefing were the four men who perished."

Read more: http://nation.time.com/2012/10/29/too-tired-to-fly/#ixzz2B4wxOYQ1

• Upvote 1

• 3 months later...

To revive what this thread was supposed to be about...

Starting tomorrow, 17 of us from AFSOC are doing a ~450 mile ruck march from HRT to the SOCOM Memorial down at MacDill to honor the memory of the guys on Ratchet 33 as well as Lt. Col. John D. Loftis, another air commando who was killed in Afghanistan the same week. It's a 24-hour team relay march and it'll take us about 6 days to get down to Tampa. There are also 2 other folks climbing Kilimanjaro in the near future as part of the same effort.

The primary purpose is to remember and horor our brothers who fell in the line of duty, but we're also raising money for the Special Operations Warrior Foundation. If you're not familiar, they provide education counseling and no-cost grants to the kids of Special Ops troops who are killed on active duty. Darin left behind two young ones and we want to support them as well as other eligible children by making sure they can all go to college just like their parents would have wanted.

If you're inclined to support us, we've got a facebook page with all the details as well as a First Giving site through which donations are sent directly to the SOWF. Any support from the BO.net community is greatly appreciated and if you're in the Hurlburt/Eglin/Tyndall/MacDill areas feel free to come out and ruck a few miles with us along the way. Hit me up via PM and I can give you our projected timeline.

To the heroes, Ryan, Nick, Justin, Julian & Darin :beer:

*Disclaimer- this event is not endorsed or sponsored by AFOSC, the USAF, DOD, or the SOWF*

• Upvote 3