Stolen Valor Question

Pitt4401

Also, is it normal to put wings on the right? I have never seen that anywhere.

I do not know much atall about the Marines' uniforms, but I have never seen any of their aviators with wings on the right side. Is there a larger file of the image?

Guest Scaredfuzz

AF Command Pilot wings on his chest and what looks like SSgt. Stripes on his sleeve?

Also ribbons I can make out are:

Meritorious Service

Air Force Achievement

Navy Unit Commendation

Air Force Outstanding Unit Award

Marine Corps Good Conduct Medal

Army Reserve Components Achievement Medal

National Defense Service Medal

Army Reserve Overseas Training Ribbon

Air Force NCO PME Graduate Ribbon

AF Training

Army Service

The dude in question is wearing wings with a wreath around a star. I'm pretty sure the Marines dont have a star or wreath above jump wings to signify experience or a certain amount of jumps. I could be wrong though.

Good point, doesn't look like the Navy/Marine Corps Parachutist Insignia have any ratings beyond "basic." Do Marines wear foreign jump wings like the Army?

303115_10150452621055255_514055254_10866855_514293471_n.jpg

This is the image in question

1. Those wings look silver. IIRC, the only silver wings regularly worn by enlisted Marines are Combat Aircrew Wings and Basic Parachutisit wings:

These ain't what he's wearing...aircrew.gif180px-US_Army_Airborne_basic_parachutist_badge.gif

2. IIRC, the only time a Marine would wear any "breast insignia" on the right, is if they already had two authorized insignia above the ribbons & badges on the left. This is obviously not the case. (In 11 years, I think I saw that instance twice. Both individuals were probably already Staff NCOs when Christ was a Corporal.)

3. Star on his NDSM, no (visible) stars on his Good Conduct, no award bars on his Expert shooting badges, and (at least) SSgt chevrons.

Something's not right......

** Edit for more info and format.

Edited by JarheadBoom

As far as I know, the only "foreign" device I have seen on a Marine is Army Jump wings, and if they happen to go to both Benning and get Naval jump wings, they are supposed to only wear the Naval jump wings. And the jump wings always go above the ribbon on a Marine's uniform, never seen someone with wings on the right side. I could be wrong though, it has happened once, but only once.

As a support dude, I love the fact that you guys attacked this with vigor.

I will call the paper tomorrow then make a call to the FBI field office.

There are few spots for AF officers to chat online...I might lose you on the finer details of TAMI-21 and unneeded pain of white jets or an Alpha tour...

But glad we value the same things.

Guest Hueypilot812

Those are definitely AF rated aircrew wings...pic is too small to tell if they are pilot or nav wings (but from what I can tell they are pilot wings). Also, he's got on the Army service ribbon and the AF training ribbon...aside from the fact that unless he sampled service in three of the four branches, they aren't even in the right precedence...