Last Beer You Drank and Rate It

Masshole

I felt a thread all about beer would compliment the gun thread. The premise is simple: drink a beer and rate it based on your own criteria.

Weihenstephaner Hefe Weissbier

Rating: 6.9

Reason: It was very easy to drink. Smooth, delicious, and pairs well with a variety of food. It starts with a lot of head and it takes awhile to go down (so to speak) . It kind of had an after taste akin to apple sauce and was a little too light for my palette. I recommend it to any fan of IPAs.

Budweiser aka Bud Heavy aka Diesel

7/10

I normally try to stay away from AB products because of I like to support small local breweries, however I was on the Beermaster tour at the St. Louis AB brewery and they let you drink straight from the finishing tanks. The entire warehouse is 30 degrees F and the beer had just finished brewing only 2 hours prior to hitting my lips. When in Rome. It was actually the best Bud I've ever drank, yet still only warrants a 7 because all of the great STL beers I had before that tour were better i.e Schlafly Summer and Morgan Street Stout.

p.s. If you are ever at an AB plant that offers the Beermaster tour I highly recommend it. It's only 25 bucks a head and the tour experience itself is way better than the free one. And when it's all said and done you get about 6 beers out of it, 2 of which come straight from the tanks.

Michelob Ultra

Rating: 5 (which is high praise for an AB product, coming from a Milwaukee area native!)

Reason: It was in the cooler next to the neighborhood pool, which I was in. At 2pm on a weekday. For the third day in a row. God Bless the ANG!

Has anyone had the chance to put back some "Life and Limb" from Sierra Nevada? WOW.

Tanilla Vanilla Porter by Knee Deep Brewing

8/10

Had it on tap at a local cigar bar. Simply put, it was good stuff.

From the interwebs:

"Made with only grade-A Tahitian vanilla beans, Tanilla carries a smooth chocolate flavor complemented by the delicate intensity of vanilla beans, and a rich aroma of coffee."

Boulevard Unfiltered Wheat

9.5/10

Sweet, bready malt flavor, low hop bitterness and a hint of citrus. Actually tastes better as it gets warmer.

boulevard_wheat.jpg

Edited by Vertigo

Took a self-guided tour of Seoul's microbrewery pubs last Saturday to explore, and while I can't say the craft is terribly advanced here, the last place I visited was probably the best - enjoyed the Geumgang Mountain Dark Ale at Craftworks Taphouse. Much deeper and more flavorful than what I'd had leading up to that. Seems the Koreans like their beer light and a little sweet, even in the microbrew world. The brewers will add a Weizen and maybe a Dunkel to the standard Pilsener for variety, but there were some good choices at Craftworks.

A copy of Boddinton's Bitter that I brewed myself. I'd give it a 8/10. It would give it a 9/10 if it was slightly more bitter and the cranium retention was better. I think it might get there though with another week or two conditioning in the bottle.

I'll second the recommendation for Chimay Red. The only thing better is Chimay Blue!