Bowhunting

Masshole

This post is not about guns, but is not deserving of a new thread:

Do any of you hunt with a bow? It may sound primitive, but it really makes a sport out of it. If you do, do you make your own or what do you use? What kind of string do you prefer?

This post is not about guns, but is not deserving of a new thread:

Do any of you hunt with a bow? It may sound primitive, but it really makes a sport out of it. If you do, do you make your own or what do you use? What kind of string do you prefer?

I actually prefer bowhunting, but with modern tech: Parker Hornet, 100 gr muzzys. Hunt whitetail in IL, muleys in MT, and CO elk everytime I'm not deployed in the fall. Hunt gobblers in the spring...again if not TDY. To stay on topic: I always carry a .38 Charter Arms revolver on said hunts...just in case.

One of the few (only?) perks of drones at HMN is I get to hunt elk and mule deer 10 minutes from my house. I shoot a Quest Hammer with G5 Montecs. Will probably upgrade soon, but left-handed bows are hard to find around here.

I actually prefer bowhunting, but with modern tech: Parker Hornet, 100 gr muzzys. Hunt whitetail in IL, muleys in MT, and CO elk everytime I'm not deployed in the fall. Hunt gobblers in the spring...again if not TDY. To stay on topic: I always carry a .38 Charter Arms revolver on said hunts...just in case.

I had to look Parker Hornet up. It looks a lot like the High Country I used once. The only thing I do not like about compound bows is how unbalanced they are. I did fire an arrow through a car door though and that was pretty sweet. I cannot do that with my bows.

Once you've bowhunted elk in the rut, nothing else even compares.

To stay on topic: I always carry a .38 Charter Arms revolver on said hunts...just in case.

Or a wrist rocket to pop a grouse or two for dinner.

here's mine and the old lady's from last year, i shoot a Matthew's switchback XT, her's is a Matthew's Mustang, both carbon express arrows and Montec G5 broadheads shot at the family farm in KS.

fall08012.jpg

fall08018.jpg

Do those have as high of weight tolerances as the GrizzlyStik arrows? Are they the multi-direction woven carbon type?

Ummm why don't you shoot her instead of the deer.

A conversation better suited for "Harpoon Hunting."

Shooting that buck must have been a real feather in your hat. WTF.

FWIW, with my crazy schedule, bowhunting allows me a lot of flexability on when I can hunt. You can usually hunt from late summer to deep into the winter. Public lands aren't as crowded and farmers/landowners seem to be more open to letting you bowhunt than gun hunt during the overcowded gun seasons.

Down side, it's a lot of work and you have to pay a lot of attention to detail; practice, stand placement, scent control, etc.

Shooting that buck must have been a real feather in your hat. WTF.

Help me out here...what are you saying?

The dude. Kneeling over the slain buck. Has a felt hat. With a feather in it. WTF.

SC

LOL, thanks. Senior moment.

Holy shit, are those boobs fake enough? I have nothing against fake boobs, but they've got to at least look somewhat natural.

Why?

It's kind of like my uncle putting side pipes on his cherry '67 Corvette. Are they (the sidepipes) original? No.

Do they look cool? Yes.

Is it his car (her body)? Affirmative.

As for me, I like the pipes. :salut: